Arsenal v LIVERPOOL Friday 22nd Dec 2017 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:10 pm

All games are big when you are fighting it out for a top 4 spot but they are particularly so when you are in 4th and the team you are playing are just a single point behind in 5th.
It's going to be a test for our defence that's for sure, we will be away from home and the likes of Sanchez, Lacazette and Ozil can cause any team problems on their day, Arsenal coming onto us may not be a bad thing though, not many teams in Europe never mind England are as good as us on the counter.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 pm

I think we will win easily barring poor refereeing/injury despite the fact they will be looking for revenge. They don't know how to park a bus and that seems the only type of team that give us trouble. There are dressing room issues with Sanchez and Ozil and Girud is injured, I can't see us losing this one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm

The outcome of this game will depend on what team the manager fields as well, bearing in mind the xmas fixtures.
He may not go with the Fab four, rest 1/2 of them, or even play milner in midfield. Klopp has done it versus Everton and Chelsea,which was a mistake both times, so he ain't afraid to do it in big matches.
I think we have to go full strength in this one.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 pm

On paper one would assume this will be on open game end to end stuff however i think Klopp and monsieur Wenger will be aware of this and possibly play more cautiously.
I doubt it will be an all out attack game. This will be a much more closer contest.

Their danger men at the moment are Lacazette and Ozil. Both have been on fine form recently. Glad Sanchez is off the boil and playing like he can't be bothered.

We should have more flair than them so i feel we should win this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 pm

redshade » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 pm wrote:On paper one would assume this will be on open game end to end stuff however i think Klopp and monsieur Wenger will be aware of this and possibly play more cautiously.
I doubt it will be an all out attack game. This will be a much more closer contest.

Their danger men at the moment are Lacazette and Ozil. Both have been on fine form recently. Glad Sanchez is off the boil and playing like he can't be bothered.

We should have more flair than them so i feel we should win this.

Sanchez is probably packing his bags for Man City in January.

I can see Arsenal coming to attack us, to go for revenge for that 4-0 Tonking at Anfield. This should suit us, and providing Klopp goes full strength with the fab four, we can definately cause them some problems.

Our defence will probably be questioned a lot by this lot. I hope we hold out. I'd play: Gomez   Lovren   Klavan  Robertson

Prediction....Arsenal 2-4 Liverpool. I think it will be a high scoring, end to end affair.

Amen Folks  :rasp
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 am

Just been reading about how good Arsenal have been at home this season, they have been sketchy on the road but they are still right in the mix for a CL place largely based on the fact that they have won every one of their homes games bar 1.
That loss came against Man United and I watched that game myself, United went two up in the opening 10 minutes through some kamikaze defending but after that it was all Arsenal, they played really well.
We are going to have to bring our A game tonight if we want to beat this lot on their own patch imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Yup they have only lost 1 at L'Emirates. Arsenal on their day can be very very good. When they played Tottenham they were unbelievable, could also be due to local derby etc..
They are very similar to us when it comes to mistakes aswel.

I would hope Klopp plays something like this..

Mignolet

Gomez  Lovren Klavan Robertson

Can  Wijnaldum

Coutinho

Salah                  Mane

Firmino

If we can control the middle we will control the game. I would even considr playing Lallana with Can however probably it's a bit to soon for him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 pm

I wanna see sexy football
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Any team news?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 pm

unconfirmed eleven

Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:54 pm

I thought he would go with that back four.
Should be an exciting game this one with that line up :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Strong line up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Should have started the OX instead of Hendo imo
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:00 pm wrote:Should have started the OX instead of Hendo imo

all set up for the Ox to come on and grab that winner in injury time  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games