Leicester vs Liverpool 17:30 23/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm

I thought Studge did well when he came on. Some good passes also the link up to Hendo goal was good. Little off his shooting but did well.

There no point talking about the defense because i will just be repeating myself.

I thought we were kind of weak at times in the middle, Wijnaldum, Can did not have the best of games.
Couts is gradually getting back to his usual self which is promising.
Salah did fine imo could have had more goals like usual but he did ok.

It was a hard fought win and a much needed 3 points.

Next we face Spartak and then to Rafas turf.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm wrote:I thought Studge did well when he came on. Some good passes also the link up to Hendo goal was good. Little off his shooting but did well.

There no point talking about the defense because i will just be repeating myself.

I thought we were kind of weak at times in the middle, Wijnaldum, Can did not have the best of games.
Couts is gradually getting back to his usual self which is promising.
Salah did fine imo could have had more goals like usual but he did ok.

It was a hard fought win and a much needed 3 points.

Next we face Spartak and then to Rafas turf.

One of Daniel's forte is his lack of fear...He plays with confidence all the time..When Salah and Bobby lost their heads he keeps smashing..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 pm

It was a total shambles and bad referring didn't help. The same old bad keeping errors by the useless Mignolet who should have been kicked out three years ago, the same old rubbish defence so mental like their Nutcase manager who has no clue on resolving this chronic problem for the last three years.
The clueless manager, replace the only midfield CAN who was so overworked, while Wijnaldum kept on the pitch doing f*ck all, he and Firmino (the master of the duds) should never be selected in the first team only for the nutcase manager! Firmino is no CF, who cannot pass, hold the ball, score goals etc.. a total dud overrated player.

Just look at the top teams, they all have top class FC, strong defence and top keepers, only teams like those who can win trophies, however, LFC is nowhere near these top teams!!!!!.

Once again the nutcase has left himself short this season like last season, however, this season outcome will be worse than last season No progress at all.
Let us see what it will happen in CL on Tuesday
algymoon

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Think the main thing was the 3 points here. Got away with it somewhat with Mignolet saving the pen but just happy with the 3 points. Defensively, wasn't too bad. Their first goal came from a blatant foul on Mignolet. 2nd one wasn't great to be honest. Gray running in completely free to get his shot in and then Vardy standing in the box on on his own to nod it into an empty net.

Anyway, main thing was the 3 points and important to build up a head of steam now and go on a run.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

We should have cruised that after going 2 up but somehow allowed complacency to rear its head again. We have only ourselves to blame for the late pressure but thankfully we held out and got 3 points.
Some poor stuff again from the same people and weaknesses. Thought Klopp was right to haul firmino as he was having a poor game but again withdrawing Coutinho seen us lose a lot of tempo. Great goal from him and he's looking sharper by the game. Can't wait to see Mane and Salah linking up with him next week at Newcastle.
Spartak on Tuesday so hopefully the 3 points here will give them a lift.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:05 pm

To be honest, their late goal in the first half gave them the lift they needed. It was a blatant foul by Okazaki on Mignolet and have no idea how the officials missed it. Was as blatant as they get.  If they had gone in 2-0 down, I think we would have dispatched them much more easily.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 pm

I thought Gomez was excellent today, won everything in the air and showed his pace to bring the ball out to relieve the pressure,I honestly think the lad could be a brilliant solution at CB when Clyne returns. I think we done extremely well to emerge with the three points as it wasn't just Leicester we were playing it was the officials and Anthony Taylor,who made some truly abysmal decisions at the King Power.

The game was massive in terms of our season and considering there were a couple of players in our middle that simply weren't on their game notably Wijnaldum whose usually adept first touch deserted him completely and Can who couldn't pick out the easiest of passes,so with that said it really was testament to Henderson's energy for the amount of ground he had to cover,which is fair play to the lad after the lambasting he's taken lately.

Leicester(based on today's performance )look like they're in the mood to resurrect the counter attacking football that won them the Premier League, so it shouldn't be taken lightly that we won at what has become our bogey ground over the last few seasons

Mane's return will make all the difference and will most likely see Coutinho dropping back into our midfield to provide the invention we're lacking of late,so things will get decidedly brighter over the next few games.

Coutinho is different class, his cross for Salah to head was just sublime and his free kick was just over the right side of wizardry,so glad we stuck to our proverbial guns and steadfastly refused to sell the lad he's magical when he's in the mood.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 pm wrote:
Leicester(based on today's performance )look like they're in the mood to resurrect the counter attacking football that won them the Premier League, so it shouldn't be taken lightly that we won at what has become our bogey ground over the last few seasons

They did play similar to how they beat us last season when they outplayed and out fought us.
We did well to get the 3 points and im glad we didn't bottle it. The last few mins and the +5 i thought here comes the equaliser. I feel we dealt with them well. This win was not perfect but for the team it will go down really well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:35 am

So Phil is back? The world class version. I hope he sticks around I don't want to see the Phil that disappears when we need him the most,  who else will save us from our defense!
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am

Well, a 3-2 win away is always a good result, leaky defense or not. IMO we were in control up until 3-1 score line. We did get lucky though because one of their disallowed goals wasn't really off-site. And then the Mignolet show happened. He is such a panicky Keeper. but then he saved the day by saving the penalty!  :sleepy: Don't need that much drama IMHO. Just play solid...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:00 am

We just got it over the line but we didnt see anything new really, same strengths and weaknesses.

Great to win but I dont think any fans will be getting carried away, it was a fantastic game though.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 am

We just got it over the line but we didnt see anything new really, same strengths and weaknesses.

Great to win but I dont think any fans will be getting carried away, it was a fantastic game though.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm

maguskwt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 am wrote:Well, a 3-2 win away is always a good result, leaky defense or not. IMO we were in control up until 3-1 score line. We did get lucky though because one of their disallowed goals wasn't really off-site. And then the Mignolet show happened. He is such a panicky Keeper. but then he saved the day by saving the penalty!  :sleepy: Don't need that much drama IMHO. Just play solid...

That goal was clearly off side mate, you are looking at the wrong player, yes Okazaki was level with Henderson but the player who headed the ball through to him (Maguire) was clearly off when the original free kick was taken.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 pm

What exactly was the Mignolet show Mags? He gets fouled when positioning himself to clear the ball and the officials do nothing about the foul and allow the goal. He makes a cracking save that was impossible to catch, the ball goes to Vardy and he scores. His only mistake was giving away a penalty and he redeemed himself very well. Mign has saved 5 out of the last 8 penalties and yet fans still want to blame him for everything. The BT Sport TV pundits certainly didn't blame him for Leicester's 2 goals.

Let's face it Can was extremely lucky not to give away a penalty with his clumsy hand ball. Nobody seems to be moaning about that !!  :laugh:

All in all and especially in the first half we played some excellent football. It could easily have been 4-0 at half time. I thought overall we did well and Coutinho and Henderson were the standouts.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Might of been my telly but Sturridge looked bulkier, more heavy set. Perhaps they will sacrifice his speed for power and everything crossed injury in the process.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games