Leicester vs Liverpool -EFL 19/09 19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 pm

People are overreacting imo, we've played 9 competitive games so far this season and only lost 2 of them. Those 2 games were the City game (where we were more than holding our own until the sending off) and the Leicester game midweek where we put out a scratch side. We are supposed to be in a crisis but I haven't watched a game this season where I didn't think we were the better side.
Are we playing well? No not really, we are not playing as bad as some are making out but we are not firing on all cylinders either. Let's not forget though that our main line front 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino have only appeared on the same pitch together for about 20 minutes in total this season. Let's see what happens when that attacking unit starts to play more regularly. Lallana will be back soon as well, he will strengthen the midfield.
Stop panicking, there's a long way to go yet and we haven't even got started.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Nowt has changed if anything teams know how to put us under pressure and score more!! Ox 40m ffs we needed a quality defender and could ave got an half decent 1 for that spent on him who's not even gona be a regular Klopp starting to get found out I'm afraid
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:55 pm

overreaction is right. The irony is that the ones moaning are some of the same ones who said Everton had a great transfer window  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 pm wrote:overreaction is right. The irony is that the ones moaning are some of the same ones who said Everton had a great transfer window  :laugh:

Who's overreacting when we've been muck for four games in a row? When the manager openly criticises his defence that he didn't in fact FIX over the course of two years? When he continues to fluff his lines with a dodgy keeper? When the teams we are allegedly challenging have stolen a march and signed first team quality players, and we spend 40M on a donkey in the form of AOC? Call me harsh but the money wasted on him PLUS the Sakho fiasco is a wasted £65M that would have gone light years towards stopping goals conceded.
Sheesh...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:57 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 pm wrote:overreaction is right. The irony is that the ones moaning are some of the same ones who said Everton had a great transfer window  :laugh:

Who's overreacting when we've been muck for four games in a row? When the manager openly criticises his defence that he didn't in fact FIX over the course of two years? When he continues to fluff his lines with a dodgy keeper? When the teams we are allegedly challenging have stolen a march and signed first team quality players, and we spend 40M on a donkey in the form of AOC? Call me harsh but the money wasted on him PLUS the Sakho fiasco is a wasted £65M that would have gone light years towards stopping goals conceded.
Sheesh...

Sheesh indeed. I think Klopp summed it up perfectly today when he said people are "acting as if we have zero points and are the worst team in the league".

I think perspective is required until we reach the 12 - 15 game marker. A win on Saturday, for example, could put us in 3rd and 2 points off the top. Do we then celebrate? No, we wait and see how things play out. Everyone knows our defence isn't great, but if Klopp can't get the players he wants then I trust the guy as his record on signings is pretty good.

As for the slagging off of Ox, after his first start?....sheesh
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:57 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm wrote:

Sheesh...

Sheesh indeed. I think Klopp summed it up perfectly today when he said people are "acting as if we have zero points and are the worst team in the league".

I think perspective is required until we reach the 12 - 15 game marker. A win on Saturday, for example, could put us in 3rd and 2 points off the top. Do we then celebrate? No, we wait and see how things play out. Everyone knows our defence isn't great, but if Klopp can't get the players he wants then I trust the guy as his record on signings is pretty good.

As for the slagging off of Ox, after his first start?....sheesh

"a win on Saturday..."... Meanwhile the teams above us continue to win for fun and concede none.... Do your maths again.
And Yes, i think Ox is *****. I think Lovren is ***** too. And Flanagan. And Henderson. And Yes i am a LFC fan, but I'm bit blinkered either.
And Yes, i believe Klopp should be asking for help to fix this team, from midfield back.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games