Leicester vs Liverpool -EFL 19/09 19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm gonna do a little player rating for this match..

Ward - He played really well.. It's a shame if Klopp only plays him in cup games.

Flanagan - not good enough since he came back from his long term injury.. yes he's a local lad but we can't wait forever for a player to be good enough.

Gomez - Did everything good first half, but he has the attention spam on a goldfish and completely switches off at the worst times possible.

Klavan - well he's garbage isn't he and its embarrassing that he's our 3rd choice CB.

Robertson - solid game Tbh and whipped in some lovely balls first half.

Wjnaldum - he had a decent game without standing out.

Hendo - He needs to start being the captain and grabbing players by the scruff of there necks when underperforming.

Grujic - I wondered why Klopp never played him much in competitive games.. well I know the answer tonight absolute waste of oxygen.

Ox - shall we continue to sugarcoat what a shambolic signing this was? He's got terrible close control, he struggles to make 5 yard passes, he can't beat the first man from corners... He was awful tonight.

Coutinho - obviously too good for this current team and unfortunately he knows it aswell.

Solanke - not a bad performance but he's nowhere near ready for starting games.. He should be a plan B option only at present, he's so wasteful in front of goal.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Good game Danny Ward again, I've been impressed by him in every game I've seen him play. If we give a chance to that kid and develop him right I'm certain that he can become a very good keeper. At the moment he should at least be our number 2.

Won't comment on the rest of the game, I'm just tired of the same *****. Hope Klopp can sort it out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:01 pm

Wat we did see tonight... Grujic, solanke, Ox, are nowhere near good enough for lfc
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Coutinho, Ward,Robertson, and Woodburn were rhe bright spots for me.

Hendo,Wijnaldum as senior players didn't really stand up and be counted. Seemed to coast through.

Solanke tried but can tell it's too early for him yet at this level. Saw some huff and puff from Ox but no real quality.

Flanaghan looks shot to me after his injury problems.

Gomez and Klavan partnership is a receipe for disaster. Young kid learning the ropes playing with a at best mediocre defender. Not sure how Gomez is meant to gain confidence playing next to that joker.

Not particularly impressed with Grujic. Likes a foul but not much in the way of quality.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm

As bad as our defending can be our midfield is just utter tosh and up front we are shockingly bad.
We had 70% of the possession, 21 goal attempts Vs their 8. We had 3 shots on goal and they had 5  :laugh:  Its the same stuff all over where we just pussy about with the ball and the opposition let us. Terrible to watch.
Realistically we probably blew our best shot at silver this season  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:20 pm wrote:As bad as our defending can be our midfield is just utter tosh and up front we are shockingly bad.
We had 70% of the possession, 21 goal attempts Vs their 8. We had 3 shots on goal and they had 5  :laugh:  Its the same stuff all over where we just pussy about with the ball and the opposition let us. Terrible to watch.
Realistically we probably blew our best shot at silver this season  :down:

Well said sizzlechest..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 am

Hendo shouldn't be in the starting 11, let along captain.

Herr Klopp has some tough calls to make and I expect Leicester mk2 to be a very different result with a very different line-up
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:36 am

Missed the match due to time difference... woke up to the news that we lost 2-0 to mighty Leicester... went like "WTF!"... but then gathered myself and gained some perspective... its not worse news than the horrible earthquake in Mexico that killed over 100 ppl and the homeless ppl suffering from hurricanes in the carribean...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 am

It was very much expected, as long as the nutcase best CB Klavan plays, another to give away 2 goals was down to him!!
The same is more expected on Saturday!,  Coutinho has kept Leicester at bay in the first half, and in the second half, you have seen the real LFC represented by Klavan and Co.!

A reality season for LFC, a continuation of a steady decline under the master manager the Nutcase. It was good to be kicked out of the cup, so the team can focus on avoiding the drop! a total dismay and shambles.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Doeboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:Coutinho, Ward,Robertson, and Woodburn were rhe bright spots for me.

Hendo,Wijnaldum as senior players didn't really stand up and be counted. Seemed to coast through.

Solanke tried but can tell it's too early for him yet at this level. Saw some huff and puff from Ox but no real quality.

Gomez and Klavan partnership is a receipe for disaster. Young kid learning the ropes playing with a at best mediocre defender. Not sure how Gomez is meant to gain confidence playing next to that joker.

Not particularly impressed with Grujic. Likes a foul but not much in the way of quality.

Solanke should have buried that chance in the first half, it was ten times easier than the ones Leicester actually scored from. In fact given the balls Robertson was firing across the 6 yard box Dominic should have had a hat trick, a Rush or Lineker would have made damn sure that they would have been in there when those balls were careering across the goal mouth.
Mind you that's the way things are going for us atm, Okazaki's only on the pitch because one of his team mates concusses himself heading the ball (when there's no one within 10 yards of him) and then his scuffed shot takes a deflection off Robertson's foot which just about sends it past Wards outstretched hand.
As for the second goal that Slimani probably won't find the top corner like that again in his career.
At the other end the ball takes a slight nick off Morgan's toe which agonisingly sends it past Coutinho just as he's about to tap it in to an empty net.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:36 pm

The only positive i can take out from this game that we return to play them on Saturday...If the lads can't find the anger and passion to whop this Leicester team then they might need to rethink their ambitious football career.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

When your bench is bereft of players that can change games it kind of points a sneaky finger at a distinct lack of interest in this competition, when you pair a young kid with the most inept defender we have at the club and then compound the situation by playing an alleged cokehead at FB it provides more than an indication that this cup is sufficiently low enough on our list of priorities to dispense with completely.

The game itself confirmed my strong reservations about signing Chamberlain, the lad cant even take a corner let alone show some appetite for the battle ahead ,I'm guessing the manager bought him in the hope he would compliment our style of play .....I honestly cant see that happening at all and quite frankly I almost wretched at his feeble  attempts to fit into our style of play. 

So moving away 'quickly' from his procurement ( a subject that galls the f*ck out of me) another thing I noticed was Henderson when we were two down was looking to play the slowest and shortest pass available to him, he failed to even throw a hint at a raking ball to split a defense or for that matter showing an energy to inspire the team to push on,this is our Captain delivering arguably his most lethargic performance since he was asked on Kop kids to recite the alphabet.

Its like I said if you have an invested interest in proceeding in any competition you include a handful of game changers on the bench to deploy if it should go tits up! We never and so we leave with a whimper and not even a solitary footprint to suggest we were even there.

We need to accept that last night was this clubs rating the four competitions we are involved in by relevance, yes its sad because like all fans I love the odd trip to Wembley but it is what it is and the owners have already shown their disinterest with this competition when Dalglish won it, its simply not viewed as important and a way of lifting the weight of the colossal amount of games the players would have had to play this season.

I'm still backing Klopp to get it right and come October I'm expecting to be flying on three fronts I also think Gomez will eventually grow into a brilliant CB but not when he's playing with such a calamitous partner as Klavan ,I expect Robertson to have the likes of Salah Firmino and Mane opening up a Facebook appreciation page in thanks for the  ruthlessness of his crossing and the invention and general application of Coutinho and Lallana adding and supplying to a fearsome front line. 

I expect a lot of things, because first and foremost I'm a Liverpool fan,but I like to stay patient in the event we might see something truly remarkable this season and the early castigation of a manager who last season produced a team that played some magnificent football and a manager whose style of pressing contagious football has now been adopted this season by City and United.

The plaudits will be coming thick and fast when Mane and Lallana return to the fold and this early season form is seen as a slight blip, I still think City and United will drop points after both hitting a purple patch so early and we still have three of the best prizes in football to contend. Every manager we have had since Rafa has had periods like we are experiencing now and most of them have failed at balancing defense with attack, I think Klopp will be the manager to buck that trend eventually, I mean in the past managers have wrote their own obituaries by switching from brilliance in attack to a more defensive approach to the game,the list is endless right back from Evans to  Houllier Benitez and Rodgers,switching priorities created an imbalance within the team and led to all of them being sacked, although to be fair to Houllier it was in reverse as he had  Hyppia and Henchoz at the back.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Good post mate.

What i liked about Houllier was how he solidified us at the back. Under Evans we were similar to how we are now, awesome attack but poor backline. Anyone remember when we got tonked 3-0 by PSG in the 1st leg Uefa cup i think, defending was atrocious.

When Houllier took charge he sorted our backline got us ticking and we did well.

I'm sure when we have the main lads playing together we will tick but defense wise until we get replacements it will stay the same.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:Coutinho, Ward,Robertson, and Woodburn were rhe bright spots for me.

Solanke should have buried that chance in the first half, it was ten times easier than the ones Leicester actually scored from. In fact given the balls Robertson was firing across the 6 yard box Dominic should have had a hat trick, a Rush or Lineker would have made damn sure that they would have been in there when those balls were careering across the goal mouth.
Mind you that's the way things are going for us atm, Okazaki's only on the pitch because one of his team mates concusses himself heading the ball (when there's no one within 10 yards of him) and then his scuffed shot takes a deflection off Robertson's foot which just about sends it past Wards outstretched hand.
As for the second goal that Slimani probably won't find the top corner like that again in his career.
At the other end the ball takes a slight nick off Morgan's toe which agonisingly sends it past Coutinho just as he's about to tap it in to an empty net.

Yakka... we cant always blame lady luck not being on our side. There's a saying Fortune favours the brave. I have a reverse saying based on that which is very much suitable to describe this team "The competent avoids misfortune".

We are not competent at the back... that is it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:36 pm

maguskwt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm wrote:Yakka... we cant always blame lady luck not being on our side. There's a saying Fortune favours the brave. I have a reverse saying based on that which is very much suitable to describe this team "The competent avoids misfortune".

We are not competent at the back... that is it...

That's true. We're horrible at the back and it has now become a psychological thing for the entire team. Attackers are under pressure to score in every game, and more than once at that, because they know the defense is terrible and will leak goals, and the defense is under pressure because they know they've been terrible and have leaked goals. At the moment the opposition needs half a chance to score against us and the entire team is suffering psychologically because of it and underperforms. We're a complete mess.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games