Liverpool Vs Leicester 10/09 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:19 am

Very good performance. Seems like Klopp is going for a three pronged attack in Firmino, Sturridge and Mane. Sturridge, IMO played brilliantly, set up  2 goals. Or was it 3? I hope that Sturridge continues to feature in Klopp's plans and his fitness issues are behind him. When fit, he is the most dynamic and lethal striker in the country. I am liking the work rate of Mane, and Firmino's finesse was brilliant on the day. My concern with him, however, is that he is too inconsistent, disappearing in alot of games, especially away games.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:14 am

What a game. I thought every midfielder played really well. Jury is still out on Wjnaldum for me as he still seems uncertain on what his role is (I sure as hell don't know what it is yet), but he stepped up and got a solid assist and had some good moments. Between Firmino, Mane, Lallana, Coutinho and Sturridge we have a lot of very talented, skillful players who are going to score goals for us this year. We didn't even really play Coutinho today, and there was no Can, so we're only getting better. Credit to Lucas- I thought he made 1 single mistake today, It was terrible but he picked himself up and played really well after the mistake. Mignolet seems to have split opinions, but I thought he was fantastic today. Couple very good saves, and I thought he managed his box very well- especially after taking a couple hits. It's scary playing it out from the back with him, but those are Klopp's tactics, so you can't really blame him for that.

That was quite a result against a good team. 7 points from the fixtures we've had is not bad at all.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:17 am

And credit to Ranieri- very classy post-game interview.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 am

ethanr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:17 am wrote:And credit to Ranieri- very classy post-game interview.

If that was Maureen he would have said " the best team lost"  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:54 am

WHAT ABOUT MILLY ??? I forgot to mention his performance and so did almost everybody else. When we got Milner on a free Stuart Pearce stated that it was the best £ for £ transfer of the summer 2015 window. To be honest I thought he was off his head. Shows how much I know. Pearce eulogised about his professionalism and his ability to play anywhere on the pitch. In his first season with Liverpool he played in 40 games, scored seven goals and achieved the highest number of assists totalling 14. Against Leicester yesterday he played exceptionally well at left back and got yet another excellent assist. His attitude is fantastic. IN EVERY RESPECT HE IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE TO BALOTELLI !!

Sterling obviously is a lot younger and may go on to do great things with City and certainly under Guardiola he looks a better player. Who got the better deal - Milner for free or Sterling for £49m? Historically Sterling doesn't get as many assists and doesn't score many more goals. Certainly hasn't got Milners football brain or experience. And quite importantly Milner isn't a nasty little prat with an even bigger prat of an agent !!

Yes I have certainly been proved wrong because I wasn't particularly complimentary (somewhat of an understatement) when he arrived and walked straight into the role of vice captain. I don't mind admitting that his contribution to the team is excellent. He was a Rogers/transfer committee purchase and they should be given a lot of credit for securing his services.

KEEP IT UP MILLY. You are a credit to your profession.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 am

Great game, actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, apart from a segment after Lucas' wobble to gift Leicester their goal we always looked in control.

If only our defence was as good as our attack, then I'd seriously consider us as real contenders for the title.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:54 am

Great result for new stadium opening and hopefully a new glorious red era
Shame about Burnley result but can't say  I'm too dissatisfied with 7 points with 3 away games out of 4
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Very good win, but the defence problem is very worrying!
algymoon

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:59 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:55 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 am wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed that , the atmosphere was brilliant and so was the football that accompanied it. Henderson was my man of the match because he was everywhere ,one of his best performances in a red shirt ,tireless pressing from the lad from start to finish ! Firmino is just such a delightful player when he's on song and performances such as this underline his class ,Sturridge played well and linked up brilliantly with Mane and Firmino .

We played some gorgeous football yesterday ,so sexy it was filthy and Klopp got our tactics spot on ,I think in attacking terms our triumvirate  looks one of the most potent ,we just need to stop feeding the animals and cease making these ridiculous errors and then we can really gain some momentum and see the strides we're making under this manager.

What was the new Main Stand like? Atmosphere?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm

fivecups » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:55 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 am wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed that , the atmosphere was brilliant and so was the football that accompanied it. Henderson was my man of the match because he was everywhere ,one of his best performances in a red shirt ,tireless pressing from the lad from start to finish ! Firmino is just such a delightful player when he's on song and performances such as this underline his class ,Sturridge played well and linked up brilliantly with Mane and Firmino .

We played some gorgeous football yesterday ,so sexy it was filthy and Klopp got our tactics spot on ,I think in attacking terms our triumvirate  looks one of the most potent ,we just need to stop feeding the animals and cease making these ridiculous errors and then we can really gain some momentum and see the strides we're making under this manager.

The atmosphere was electric in the first 10 mins ,then it dwindled a touch ,but sadly that's just Anfield and more to do with the apprehension and fear of letting a lead slip. It does sound louder inside the ground though and the new stand looks really impressive from the Kop.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Managed to get tickets for the West Brom game on the 22nd. Will be my first experience of Anfield on matchday
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:50 pm wrote:Managed to get tickets for the West Brom game on the 22nd. Will be my first experience of Anfield on matchday

Enjoy it mate ,your first time is always special.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:15 pm wrote:
fivecups » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:55 am wrote:

The atmosphere was electric in the first 10 mins ,then it dwindled a touch ,but sadly that's just Anfield and more to do with the apprehension and fear of letting a lead slip. It does sound louder inside the ground though and the new stand looks really impressive from the Kop.

Cheers, look forward to seeing it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:50 pm wrote:Managed to get tickets for the West Brom game on the 22nd. Will be my first experience of Anfield on matchday

Ive never been to Anfield on matchday but i am planning on going. Really would like to this season.

How did you get tickets mate?
Can anyone tell me how to get tickets at Anfield?
Do i have to join lfc.tv?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games