Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:55 pm

I must admit once again (for about the 8th transfer window on the run) I'm bitterly disappointed that we didn't sign a top quality CM. A decent left back wouldn't have gone amiss either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Just for BungleMark

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-11831730

Published in the Echo about 12 minutes ago...

/liverpool are planning to follow up their interest in targets Mahmoud Dahoud and Christian Pulisic in future transfer windows.

Jurgen Klopp was hoping to bring both players to Anfield this summer but completing those deals proved problematic with their clubs currently unwilling to sell.

The Reds had to admit defeat in their chase of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Dahoud and Borussia Dortmund winger Pulisic. However, Liverpool will continue to monitor their progress closely and retain hope that they will become Liverpool players in future.

Gladbach refused to part company with £25million rated Germany Under-21s international Dahoud having already sold fellow midfielder Granit Xhaka to Arsenal.

But with the 20-year-old having so far turned down a new contract he is expected to leave the Bundsliga outfit in 2017 when he will be down to the final year of his current deal.

Liverpool’s hopes of securing his services next summer could hinge on whether they can offer Champions League football with a number of top European clubs having also registered their interest in him.

The Reds boss is also a big admirer of teenager Pulisic, who joined Dortmund’s Academy in January 2015 when Klopp was still manager there.

Dortmund rejected Liverpool’s £11million bid during the summer window and told them they weren’t prepared to sanction a sale for the USA international.

The Pennsylvania-born 17-year-old, who has two years remaining on his contract, wasn’t pushing for a move but his first-team opportunities are likely to be limited this season.

Like Dahoud, he’s unlikely to be available in January but Liverpool are expected to test Dortmund’s resolve next summer.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:40 pm

parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm wrote:Looks like the club are waiting for something to happen but not sure what, rather than spending to make it happen.

Klopp talked about doing it in a special Liverpool way and that translates to not matching opponents spend and trying to rejuvinate rather than replace players that have let us down, good luck with that.

We always have to wait for success, timorrow rather than today, and the club are fantastic at keeping us just on the boil rather than giving up, masters of propaganda.

The stand looks fantastic but we are paying the money it back to FSG, its an interest free loan but its very much of benefit to them as it is to us, and they have been very clever in increasing the value of the club without over committing in the transfer market and so I think they will continue on that path. Why pour money in for players when you can finish outside the top 4 and still grow the value year on year.

Liverpool is a successful business but not a successful football team, never has nor will be under FSG and another window closes with us making absolutely no effort to improve the team, then it will be January and nothing again, just more excuses wheeled out and Klopps smile for reassurance.

Pretty much sums up this window. Mane and Matip look decent signings but not world beaters. Too early to judge Karius but safe to say not many are expecting much from him. Meanwhile, the other sides around us (higher and lower) have had better transfer windows.

I remember not long ago, we used to do this thing where we compare squads of top 4 contenders and see how many of our players would get into a Utd, Cheslea, or Arsenal starting 11. Sturridge who is often overlooked by Klopp is probably the only player with a chance of getting into an Arsenal or Chelsea 11. Cant think of another player who would. Meanwhile, subs and reserves like Wilshere, Toure, Smalling, Herrera, etc. would probably be amongst the first names on our team sheet if we had them.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:14 pm

I think some people need to put their toys back into the box and take a bit of perspective.

1) Klopp isn't here to make up the numbers and finish mid-table every season
2) FSG isn't paying Klopp £7m a year (one of the highest in the league) to finish mid-table either
3) Klopp has openly said he's got money to spend....so have FSG
4) He'll only sign players he wants and genuinely thinks will improve us

I trust our manager and I'm prepared to see how this season pans out before putting out the Chinese bunting or writing off our season after 3 matches. I suggest others do the same, otherwise they might not make it until the end of the season due to high blood pressure  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:30 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:14 pm wrote:I think some people need to put their toys back into the box and take a bit of perspective.

1) Klopp isn't here to make up the numbers and finish mid-table every season Correct
2) FSG isn't paying Klopp £7m a year (one of the highest in the league) to finish mid-table either Correct
3) Klopp has openly said he's got money to spend....so have FSG Correct
4) He'll only sign players he wants and genuinely thinks will improve us Correct

I trust our manager and I'm prepared to see how this season pans out before putting out the Chinese bunting or writing off our season after 3 matches. I suggest others do the same, otherwise they might not make it until the end of the season due to high blood pressure  :;):
Correct

...And your score after the end of the 1st transfer window of the season. You have scored a resounding 5/5  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Personally think if we had got in a central midfielder and left back in, it would have been extremely good window.

Mane brings all the attributes we've required, mainly pace and directness and think will prove to be a great signing as long as he is consistent.

Karius and Matip are bit of an unknown quantity, so no one can really judge them but again we have strengthened in two areas which needed to be looked at this summer and hopefully Klopp has identified two gems here.

Klavan is a squad filler so no real issue with that.

Wijnaldum is the one i question. I don't doubt he wil get goals but I get the nagging feeling he is one that is more effective playing centrally as one of the 3 behind the striker and we are already well stocked in that area. Can see him getting a similar amount of goals to Firmino but think I'd rather have spent the money on an all round central midfielder who can dictate things in the middle of the park.

Truely shocked we didnt bring in a LB. Obviously Gomez is back but I really think we needed to get someone in as Milner playing there tells you all you need to know about how much faith Klopp has in Moreno. He simply can't be trusted.

Grujic looks a real prospect but again bit of a unknown quantity. Who knows, may hit the ground running but as a young lad, cant place too much expectation on him in his first season but can see him doing well in the game time he gets.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:42 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:30 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:14 pm wrote:I think some people need to put their toys back into the box and take a bit of perspective.

1) Klopp isn't here to make up the numbers and finish mid-table every season Correct
2) FSG isn't paying Klopp £7m a year (one of the highest in the league) to finish mid-table either Correct
3) Klopp has openly said he's got money to spend....so have FSG Correct
4) He'll only sign players he wants and genuinely thinks will improve us Correct

Correct

...And your score after the end of the 1st transfer window of the season. You have scored a resounding 5/5  :nod

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:49 pm

We're not desperate like United, wasteful like Citeh or simply bored like Chelsea. We have to achieve success our own way, we know that so lets stop pretending we'e one of the big 3 spenders... we're not.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Divenountly » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:51 am

Reg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:49 pm wrote:We're not desperate like United, wasteful like Citeh or simply bored like Chelsea. We have to achieve success our own way, we know that so lets stop pretending we'e one of the big 3 spenders... we're not.

Well said.
Divenountly
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:51 pm

We could have gone for Momo Sissoko. I know his 31 yrs old but atleast he could've done a good DM job. Problem is his injury prone and i doubt he would've lasted in Klopps training routine. Apparently he maybe signing with Westbrom for free.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:25 pm

redshade » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:51 pm wrote:We could have gone for Momo Sissoko. I know his 31 yrs old but atleast he could've done a good DM job. Problem is his injury prone and i doubt he would've lasted in Klopps training routine. Apparently he maybe signing with Westbrom for free.

Is Momo still only 31? He must have been young when he signed for us then. He's been gone best part of a decade.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:50 pm

He was around 23 when he left us. Well when we sold him. His good but been hit with injuries quite alot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:34 pm

I forgot out MOMO.....

Born to Mali parents in France, Momo Sissoko opted to play for Mali after featuring for the French u-21 team. He has a biting tackle and is a formidable shield for any defence. Sissoko was nurtured in Auxerre’s respected academy playing as a striker for the reserves, scoring 50 goals in two years according to his website. Rafa Benítez brought the youngster over to Valencia in 2003 before he made his first-team debut at Auxerre and developed his game in a new position as a defensive midfielder. Despite his young age Rafa picked him from the start in nine La Liga matches as well as bringing him on as substitute on 12 occasions in his debut campaign. He also featured in nine UEFA Cup matches so he played an active part in Valencia’s double success in La Liga and the UEFA Cup in 2004.

Sissoko continued to impress at Mestalla following Benítez’ departure to Liverpool. Everton were about to capture the promising midfielder when Rafa became aware of his availability and “stole” him straight from under the Blues’ noses. Benítez made big claims that “Momo” would become a better player than Vieira. Sissoko’s hyperactive performances in the middle of the park earned him rave reviews. It was a dramatic first season as an eye injury received against Benfica in the Champions League in February 2006 threatened to end his playing career. When he returned a month later, he had to wear safety goggles, which he soon discarded as they were steaming up. The season ended on a high as Liverpool beat West Ham in the FA Cup final. Momo played from the start as he had done in 36 other matches during the season.

Momo was man of the match in Liverpool’s win over Chelsea in the Community Shield. As his second season progressed he wasn’t his usual self, whether his eye injury had affected his confidence or just plainly finding it more tough as his performances were not as surprising to his opponents.  Momo clearly had to improve on the technical aspects of his game, namely his close control and passing. He suffered another bad injury against Birmingham in the fourth round of the League Cup in November 2006, dislocating his shoulder and was out of action for three months. Javier Mascherano’s arrival in February 2007 meant more competition in midfield. As the 2007/08 season began, Sissoko was on the bench for the opening two games against Aston Villa and Toulouse. He wasn’t even in the squad for the first home League match against Chelsea but played from the start at Sunderland a week later, where he amazed everyone by scoring his first Liverpool goal with a sweet strike from the edge of the penalty area. It was also his last Liverpool goal because it became clear as far as the manager was concerned that Sissoko was no longer essential to the squad. He started the League Cup tie at Chelsea a few days before Christmas, 2007 but it was the last time he would pull on a Liverpool shirt. By the end of January, 2008 he was a Juventus player. At least the club made a decent profit on the reported £5+ million it had paid Valencia in 2005. Claudio Ranieri brought Sissoko over to Italy. They were old acquaintances as Ranieri had been his boss for one season, 2004/05 at Valencia. Sissoko was a regular as Juventus finished League runners-up to Inter Milan in 2009, but the rest of his career in Turin was curtailed by a broken metatarsal and a knee injury. After six months of rehabilitation Sissoko made his debut in September 2011 for the upcoming European giants at Paris St Germain, whom he had joined in the summer. Sissoko had continuing knee trouble in his first campaign in Paris during which he made 27 starts and missed the first two months of the 2012/13 season as he injured his left knee in a pre-season friendly. He was loaned to Fiorentina in the January 2013 transfer-window.

Sissoko made only seven first-team appearances for Paris Saint-Germain in 2012/13 before moving to Italy. Injury also restricted the number of appearances he made with Fiorentina, just five before his loan-spell finished. He was released from his contract at PSG in the summer of 2013 and was a free agent until he signed a six-month contract with Spanish club Levante in January 2014. The midfielder played in ten La Liga matches as the club from Valencia finished the season in a respectable 10th place with 48 points from their 38 matches. Sissoko signed a two-year deal with Levante in the summer of 2014, but a year into this left to join Shanghai Shenhua in China, where he was in the side that lost the cup final over two legs. Although Sissoko attended a training camp in Spain in February 2016 in readiness for the new season, he left soon afterwards with no explanation, instead just posting a good luck message on his twitter account.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:49 pm

What do people think of Neil Taylor the Swansea / Wales left back ??   He hasn't featured much this season and was just subbed off (tactical) after 40 minutes against Chelsea

Always seemed a pretty solid defender and not too bad going forward either, if he's at odds with the club could possibly get him on the cheap
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 pm

If we start a rumour here that Wijnaldum might be offloaded in January, then maaaay-be it might just happen. He's been donkey shyte so far....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill