RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm

have to say i'm pleased to see he isn't being offered the touted figure of 125k. 70k is more realistic and double what he is already on so if he is pushing for more then its pure greed. Have heard that his agent is using shaws deal at manure as leverage  :oh:

If he is saying he isn't signing because he wants cl then its a big problem and a massive indication as to where the squad feel we will be next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Exactly, Might also push the owners over the edge regarding Brendans future

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 am

He also might want to pick his game up, because he isn't playing like someone who can make demands of regular CL football.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 am

sell him.....one swallow doesn't make a summer
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

If he won't sign then he has got to be sold, and the sooner the better. The longer he hold's off mean's the less we will get for him.
Obviously raheem feels he has made it already and just has to get on the gravy train  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 am

His potential isn't as good as he thinks it is. He has attributes and room to learn, but there are pieces of his game that lack and I don't think they will ever be there. I hope we can fool someone into paying a load for him.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:04 pm

What is going on on this forum ?

It's amazing how people only support players and a manager when things are going well.
Raheem second half of last season was arguably our best player. He was scoring and creating vital goals week in week out.

Both Sterling and Coutinho are suffering most from the sale of Suarez and the injury to Sturridge.

When we play now the opposition are able to concentrate on stopping them as there isnt really anyone else to worry about.
Suarez occupied virtually the whole opposition defence with his work rate and movement allowing the other attacking players space to play and cause havoc.

Sterling will come good and people will eat their words, of that I am sure.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm wrote:What is going on on this forum ?

It's amazing how people only support players and a manager when things are going well.
Raheem second half of last season was arguably our best player. He was scoring and creating vital goals week in week out.

Both Sterling and Coutinho are suffering most from the sale of Suarez and the injury to Sturridge.

When we play now the opposition are able to concentrate on stopping them as there isnt really anyone else to worry about.
Suarez occupied virtually the whole opposition defence with his work rate and movement allowing the other attacking players space to play and cause havoc.

Sterling will come good and people will eat their words, of that I am sure.

I doubt there's 1 Liverpool fan that wants to see him go mate, it's just that we all know that in footballers-speak the phrase 'I want regular CL football' means 'I want out'. Once players start all that malarkey it's only a matter of time before they go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Has he said that he wants champions league football ?

What I am going on about is the posts above stating he isnt as good as he thinks he is etc

I think he is and we will regret it if we lose him.
Ben Patrick

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:14 pm

He's not THAT good. He struggles without Suarez? Think Suarez is struggling without Sterling? I doubt it. When Sterling learns to do something more than run with the ball then maybe he can start saying LFC ain't good enough for him. He'd be wrong of course. The lad plays like a drunken octopus most games.
RedAnt

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:17 pm

It was you I was referring to with my post.

He may be struggling for form without Suarez I agree but you to me are a fan that appears to have very quickly forgotton last season.
The last third of last season on the run in it was Sterling who was for me our best player.
He was superb against City at home and then away to Norwich in a massive high pressure must win game scored 2 and laid the other one on for Suarez.
Just to also remind you the lad is 20...just. To expect a young player to be carrying a struggling side at that age is unfair.

Suarez isnt struggling no but to be fair he is playing alongside Messi and Neymar. Sterling had Lambert and Henderson as his 2 attacking team mates the other night.
Ben Patrick

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:17 pm wrote:It was you I was referring to with my post.

He may be struggling for form without Suarez I agree but you to me are a fan that appears to have very quickly forgotton last season.
The last third of last season on the run in it was Sterling who was for me our best player.
He was superb against City at home and then away to Norwich in a massive high pressure must win game scored 2 and laid the other one on for Suarez.
Just to also remind you the lad is 20...just. To expect a young player to be carrying a struggling side at that age is unfair.

Suarez isnt struggling no but to be fair he is playing alongside Messi and Neymar. Sterling had Lambert and Henderson as his 2 attacking team mates the other night.

I'm not saying Sterling is bad, nor discounting the good he's done. I think though that Raheem has a lot to learn yet, and part of that is emphasised by his inability to cope without Suarez. He's far from the finished product and it's debatable as to how much potential he has. His final ball and decision making may be down to form but I suspect he's just no good at it. If he is starting to make demands whilst in his current vein of form, I'd start looking at how much some of the bigger teams abroad might pay.
RedAnt

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I will agree with you that he is by no means the finished article.
I will also agree that his decision making and final ball have not been great this season.
However in a good side alongside good players he has showed that he is a top player.
Suarez can assist him in performing well but he cant physically do it for him.
If he where to leave and go to a top side with good players I am 100% convinced that he would perform again as he did last season and we would be looking on in envy.

What we need is another top striker who can take the pressure off Sterling and Coutinho.
The problem is getting them to Anfield.
Ben Patrick

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:49 pm wrote:I will agree with you that he is by no means the finished article.
I will also agree that his decision making and final ball have not been great this season.
However in a good side alongside good players he has showed that he is a top player.
Suarez can assist him in performing well but he cant physically do it for him.
If he where to leave and go to a top side with good players I am 100% convinced that he would perform again as he did last season and we would be looking on in envy.

What we need is another top striker who can take the pressure off Sterling and Coutinho.
The problem is getting them to Anfield.

We agree then, mostly. My initial post was more fuelled by anger that he wants to leave. No doubt his agent will be pulling his strings, but right now Sterling should be concentrating on proving he's a good player and loyal enough to knuckle down and help his current team out of the sh*t we're in. Personally I don't think he's at the level he thinks he is. His star is flying high at the moment, but he's at an age where we will see if he really can learn the parts that are missing in his game. I'd suspect it's more a case of striking while the irons hot, getting a big contract now so that when we see little improvement over the next five years, he'll be sitting pretty.
RedAnt

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Where has it been confirmed that he has turned down a contract ?

I havent seen anything and there is nothing in this thread with quotes from him or his agent.
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion