2013/2014 Other Scores  Significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 am

I wouldn't rule out the idea of one of the top teams dropping points next weekend either, although Chelsea and City are both at home their opponents are good enough to make their games potential banana skins, especially when you factor in the pressure on the home sides to get a result, they won't want to drop further points and find themselves in a position where they have to come to Anfield and win.
Everyone knows how tricky Southampton can be on their day but Stoke are in great form too, they've only lost 1 of their last 10 and that was a tight 1-0 loss away at City, they've beaten the likes of Arsenal and United in that run (not to mention a 4-1 win away at Villa and a 2-2 draw away at Southampton too), Chelsea could have their hands full there, especially off the back of a big CL fixture midweek.
West Ham is a tough one for us on the Sunday as well.

Saturday 5th April

12.45 K.O Manchester City v Southampton

17.30 K.O Chelsea v Stoke City

Sunday 6th April

16.00 K.O West Ham United v LIVERPOOL
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Get in there Soton
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:35 pm

3-1 to City now, 2nd half still to play but can't see them dropping any points in this one now :(
Red Indian

Postby laza » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Bugger
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm

It was really a long shot. In reality, it's only up to us and maybe Everton to do the job. Other than these two, I can't see City dropping points.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:22 pm

I think that they would have probably still won but I knew that something like this will happen. Things just don't change, it's either one manc or the other. If they win it this year, the FA should get a medal as well.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:03 pm

salah scores for chelsea. not a great shot, just straight down the middle, but Begovic wasn't in a great position and kinda made a meal of it. Doesn't look like anybody will be doing us any favors today, so tomorrow morning may come with that much more pressure.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Chelsea 1-0 up, Salah.
Stoke don't look like they've got a goal in them, all one way traffic.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Well done to Everton today. As someone already mentioned in the match thread, Everton have: 1. basically secured a top 3 place for us
                                                                                                                                             2. they have a good chance to make it to the top 4 now so all
                                                                                                                                    the more reasons for them to at least play a good game against City

I guess you have different feelings about your city rivals if you have never actually lived in the city, but I really hope that Everton make it to the top 4.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:29 am

And just to be a little petty if Everton get fourth place

It would be rather funny for me that they will be playing champions league but Moyes and Elbows Fellatio won't be
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm really happy for Everton. I hope they clinch the 4th spot. Liked how Martinez targeted Monreal and Vermaelen as Arsenal's weakest links hence he played Lukaku as a winger while Naismith was up front. Monreal had no chance against Lukaku and Vermaelen often had to help him. This allowed others, especially Barkley, to surge through.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:45 am

Shocked at how many people on here want Everton to do well  :help the only thing that pleases me if they win is if its against one of our title rivals
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

Fowler_E7 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:45 pm wrote:Shocked at how many people on here want Everton to do well  :help the only thing that pleases me if they win is if its against one of our title rivals

Me too, the only reason I wouldn't mind Everton getting 4th this season would be to see Arsenals wings get clipped.
Now their stadium has been paid off Arsenal have the ability to spend £40/£50m on one player, Infact they bought Ozil for £40m+ last summer and almost backed that up a few months later by signing Draxler in the January for £38m. Even by City's and Chelsea's standards that would have been impressive business to spend so much on one player in successive windows.
Before the likes of Ramsey and Walcott got long term injuries they were top of the league as well.
With their fans paying the highest ticket prices on the planet and with the corporate riches of the square mile being only 15 minutes away from the Emirates I think Arsenal are a financial force here to stay, a year out of the CL might slow their progress down a bit.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:51 pm

I look at bigger picture and try to keep the bitterness out of it.

I don't see Everton as much as threat as Arsenal , Manu and even Spurs for that matter

Keeping all those teams out of the Champion league can only benefit us in the long run
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:26 pm

laza » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:51 pm wrote:I look at bigger picture and try to keep the bitterness out of it.

I don't see Everton as much as threat as Arsenal , Manu and even Spurs for that matter

Keeping all those teams out of the Champion league can only benefit us in the long run

I see them as under better management and arguably better first team than Spurs.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion