Onwards and upwards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:58 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 pm wrote:we were by far the better side. united offered nothing whatsoever first half. in the second half even against ten men they hardly controlled the game. reina had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out the net. the red card i can see why it was given but evans should have gone aswell for jumping in two footed. same for van persie and scholes later on in the game. the penalty was soft but if he's giving that then the ones on agger and suarez were stonewall aswell. the refereeing was shockingly inconsistent and favourable in uniteds favour.

that doesn't excuse the fact thaough that we still don't get enough players forward into the penalty area though. there were at least 4 or 5 times yesterday we put good balls in across the area and there was nobody there to attack it.

Spot on
I am so proud that LFC has a long history of fair play and has never encouraged or accepted cheating, but by god I am sorely tempted to embrace it when we have games like yesterday. The only reason they won was by simulation and bad decisions from a referee who was totally out of his depth and bordering on blatant bias towards them cu'nts. They are the biggest cheats in the prem and possibly world football which is one of the main reasons for their success over the years. As you have stated their players went unpunished for their actions whereas ours were quickly and unfairly dealt with. Shelvey was absolutely right to say something to that purple nosed cu'nt and should be applauded for having the balls to do so, far more than the FA, the media and other managers have, thats for sure.

The funniest thing I found though were the united supporters when Suarez went down in the box, they all started singing "Luis Suarez, you know what you are", and yet, as mentioned, Kagawa couldnt stay on his feet for a second, and they won the game once again through a blatant dive.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm

sniffy98 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm wrote:Rafa became a bit stale by the end and I'd rather play the current brand of football for the longer term than the dour tactical football we were churning out. It's a fine balance though, all flair and no substance is also *****. I guess I am just hoping that we can be attractive AND be successful.

Results are more important than brand of football. Rafa's football was effective and one poor season doesn't outweight the other five good seasons we had under his tenure.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:46 pm

sniffy98 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38 pm wrote:Over 38 games we will show that we are stronger than Everton and end up higher. It's only marginal things that have lost us games - had we won those then people would be looking at things completely differently.

Those marginal things are called scoring goals and stopping goals

And they showed us last year they are stronger and have strengthened during the summer - they have more goals than us and are stronger at the back.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm

everton are a good side at the moment, i wouldnt rule them out of finishing in the top 4, they have beaten united, battered newcastle (they had 2 perfectly good goals ruled out which robbed them of the 3 points their performance deserved) and then on saturday wiped the floor with a decent swansea side. they took villa the cleaners away from home too.
i havent seen an everton side create so many chances since their mid 80`s title winning sides, in the games against newcastle, villa and swansea but for some poor finishing they could have got into double figures and thats not an exaggeration.
they are missing jelavic at the moment too but that mirrales (sp?) has come in and looked very lively himself, jelavic has got a job on his hands trying to get back into the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm

We have esp. Last season struggled at home and versus the lesser sides in the league. We cannot take it for granted we will beat these teams.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm wrote:We have esp. Last season struggled at home and versus the lesser sides in the league. We cannot take it for granted we will beat these teams.

On the face of it we don't look like beating anybody at the moment.
Boxscarf

Postby only me » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Our squad is decimated at the moment ,Missing a solid striker and now our anchor on defense....I'm not sure how we move onwards or upwards.
BR tactics are straight on but he is missing too many players on 2 sides of the pitch.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm wrote:We have esp. Last season struggled at home and versus the lesser sides in the league. We cannot take it for granted we will beat these teams.

then we've been watching two completely different Liverpool sides mate. We don't look like beating anyone? Do me a favour
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm wrote:12th man?  Thommo, the Kop BOOED at full time yesterday, were they happy?? So much for the 12th man.

St MIchael, United were very poor 1st half, I should know I was watching the game. If we were that impressive, we would have been 3-0 up at half time. If we still had Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt and Torres, we probably would have been too!

You just don't like to hear negative comments do you. Tell you what too, its not just me, it's the first time I have listened in to post match radio phone-ins, where people are now getting pretty sick of it.

I must apologise. I have underestimated your thickness
Do you not think that those who booed were unhappy with the cu'nty decisions from a pr'ick of a referee rather than the display of the 10, then 9 players who slogged their guts out to the very last whistle?
"its not just me" Have you read my previous posts in this thread?
You are a fu'ckin whopper mate
:laugh:

Thank God you said that because I could not f*cking believe the idiocy in that statement. Hustler, tune in lad.
burjennio

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Do one laddo
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Greavesie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm wrote:
then we've been watching two completely different Liverpool sides mate. We don't look like beating anyone? Do me a favour

Too many defensive mistakes at the back, too little in the way of teeth in attack.
Boxscarf

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Nice comeback. If you honestly thought the crowd yesterday were booing the team for a poor performance then you are, by far, the biggest whopper ever to grace these forums
burjennio

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:13 pm

And you a close second
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:46 pm wrote:

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm wrote:And you a close second

What about me?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion