Liverpool new kit launch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:30 pm

I like the Red kit ,but the black and grey one is vile and should only be worn by cyclists from the underworld .

:ghostface:  :censored:  :ghostface:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:10 am

I posted my disappointment with the suggested strips a few pages back. Now that I've seen them all for real (though not in the flesh), I think Warrior have done a good job:

Home kit - I like it. I personally don't like collars on football shirts, but I appreciate the simplicity of the design and the all red look. I rememer when Adidas won the contract to make the All Blacks uniform from Canterbury, and there was a bit of fear that they'd end up in something with hideous white stripes all over it. If you are a rugby follower you'll know that Adidas resisted the temptation and made the uniform even more black than it used to be. I think it is pretty iconic strip, and I think this Warrior strip may be the same. Less is more.

Away kit - I'm not sure if I like it, but I appreciate the nod to the past. Black and grey is a bland; as someone posted, white with red shoulders may have been better (or would that look more ridiculous?) Overall, I don't think it is ugly as some think, I don't think it looks like a rugby league jersey and I appreciate the fact that we've not got another cookie cutter uniform. We've worn both grey and black  before, so I've no problems with those colours appearing in away uniforms.

Third kit - I actually really, really, really like the look of it, despite the weird sleeves. With plain white sleeves it would be one of the best looking jerseys around, and still is pretty sweet looking even with the sleeves. Only problem is that it doesn't look like a Liverpool shirt, even if purple (or is it nightshade?) is a Merseyside colour. Ah well, it is a third strip after all.

Now to get some quality wearing them, and start winning some games.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am

Those tribal pattens on the sleeves are gonna clash with Skirtyl and Aggers tattoo's.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-reveal-new-third-kit
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

The third kit is f*cking ugly.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Though our kits would be mint with having an American kit supplier but overall dissapointed.

You look at some of those strips in the American league and they are superb, even those retro
70s/80s style tops still have an appeal, and had they gone with a flavour of that I reckon it would
have been a bigger winner not just in the UK but globally.

1st kit is alright without being special and 2nd kit a gamble that they havent really pulled off, the
3rd, well god only knows who threw that together.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm

meh
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm

all those Warrior kits especially the 3 rd one are abominations, i wont be buying any that rubbish, they look like market rejects
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Best range of kits we've had for years. Love them all. Even the 3rd kit actually looks the dogs danglies.

I love em.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:54 pm

There are 2 issues - design and colour, and material.

My issue is with the material - logically Warrior haven't  and can't invest anything like the amount adidas do to come up with teh latest technology and 'look / feel' however this will weigh heavily on people's impressions. For me, no matter how I feel about teh design, I won't buy kak material.  The emphasis is for Warrior to demonstrate they have both the cash for the sponsership but also the ability to produce sufficiently high enough quality shirts that folks will buy. The jury is still out, but I won't be buying it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Red shirt is ok, black shirt is meh but the 3rd shirt is horrific - the colours have zero connection to the club - it is embaressing - that tribal pattern looks cheap and tacky
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Obviously it's personal choice. Some will love them and some will hate them. me? I love them. The Red Kit is classy and just what we need to relaunch this club. The black away kit to me looks the part. It looks cyber ultra modern (if that makes sense). I actually think white should be the only Liverpool away kit colour  but this Black looks nice, I'm not too struck on the grey bit but thas a no biggy really. The third kit is, well, a 3rd kit. It'll be worn twice all season. It's different and it's daring! but I reckon Warrior have hit it right from the start, dare to be different.

well done Warrior, well done!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

If Stevie ran out onto the field with a turd on his head some people would clap.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:30 pm wrote:If Stevie ran out onto the field with a turd on his head some people would clap.

It would be impressive if he managed to balance a turd on his head while running. I'd clap.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 pm

mart » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:30 pm wrote:If Stevie ran out onto the field with a turd on his head some people would clap.

It would be impressive if he managed to balance a turd on his head while running. I'd clap.

You see? I was right.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:48 pm

mart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm wrote:

Well he did often carry a turd called Poulson .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion