Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am wrote:if he was running in from the opposite flank and the shot was on his left i`m 100% convinced he would have took the shot on.

Well that makes me feel so much better about the entire fiasco. He should have been selfish and took the shot on, even if he made the keeper force a save, it's better to do that then to dive on the floor and try and cheat. He got what he deserved which was nothing and given our poor performance we got what we deserved as well, another loss to add to the collection.

Andy Carroll could have easily slotted the ball into an empty net with his right foot, he didn't even have to chip it. In fact he even had time to put the ball on his left peg and slot the ball in too, but he panicked, had a lack of composure and decided to try and get a penalty, it was disgraceful. I find it risible that you are attempting to defend the indefensible.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Boxscarf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am wrote:if he was running in from the opposite flank and the shot was on his left i`m 100% convinced he would have took the shot on.

Well that makes me feel so much better about the entire fiasco. He should have been selfish and took the shot on, even if he made the keeper force a save, it's better to do that then to dive on the floor and try and cheat. He got what he deserved which was nothing and given our poor performance we got what we deserved as well, another loss to add to the collection.

Andy Carroll could have easily slotted the ball into an empty net with his right foot, he didn't even have to chip it. In fact he even had time to put the ball on his left peg and slot the ball in too, but he panicked, had a lack of composure and decided to try and get a penalty, it was disgraceful. I find it risible that you are attempting to defend the indefensible.

stop being so dramatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCX9Q8e76nA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QM1QkmEJSM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLuMmsgktUU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5-zLu8S9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJU7x7EiXI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjnq0ag93ds&feature=related

the way you are carrying on you`d think carroll was the only player that did it, even gerrards dived more times than carroll has.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am wrote:

stop being so dramatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCX9Q8e76nA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QM1QkmEJSM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLuMmsgktUU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5-zLu8S9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJU7x7EiXI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjnq0ag93ds&feature=related

the way you are carrying on you`d think carroll was the only player that did it, even gerrards dived more times than carroll has.

i think it was easily to score the open goal then dived given our abysmal record in PK.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am wrote:
Octsky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am wrote:can someone pls explain to me why after rounding the Newcastle keeper with the goal open, when the score is 0-0, he decided to dive/ trip over himself?
till now i cant find any logical answer.

Its quite clear by now that we can see that Carroll is quite an immature individual.
He was a big fish in a little pond and idolised at Newcastle. The constant questions about hias behaviour off the field while he was there tell us that he pretty much enjoyed a carefree existance where he could get in all types of scrapes and would come up smiling and admired by the geordies who loved his " I dont give a fu'ck"  local lad attitude.
Unfortunately he has come to a place where stuff like that, and more importantly an attitude like that is totally unacceptable. He has been told, in no uncertain terms what is expected of him and Im sure, as with any young fun loving lad, he hasnt liked it. Add on to this the constant obsession with his price tag and its no wonder he has struggled to make an impact. Being in and out of the team hasnt helped either and Im sure he will want to get this season out the way asap. I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt homesick as well as he has been born and brought up in the North East and known nothing different. Its a big cultutre shock to come here and I think its taken its toll on him.
Get the pony tail off and lets start again Andy. You can do it if you really try.

I like you more with every post I read Thommo.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I hope we keep Carroll. I'm looking to next season now and think Carroll could be a great asset to a three pronged attack. Imagine if we still had Fowler, Owen, or Torres. Use Andy as a spear head of the attack and have a sharp and hungry striker up there with Suarez. With Stevie G and perhaps a new and creative centre mid to mix it up, and another winger added to what we have, I think we'd finally start to see some goals.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm wrote:
Octsky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am wrote:can someone pls explain to me why after rounding the Newcastle keeper with the goal open, when the score is 0-0, he decided to dive/ trip over himself?

Its quite clear by now that we can see that Carroll is quite an immature individual.
He was a big fish in a little pond and idolised at Newcastle. The constant questions about hias behaviour off the field while he was there tell us that he pretty much enjoyed a carefree existance where he could get in all types of scrapes and would come up smiling and admired by the geordies who loved his " I dont give a fu'ck"  local lad attitude.
Unfortunately he has come to a place where stuff like that, and more importantly an attitude like that is totally unacceptable. He has been told, in no uncertain terms what is expected of him and Im sure, as with any young fun loving lad, he hasnt liked it. Add on to this the constant obsession with his price tag and its no wonder he has struggled to make an impact. Being in and out of the team hasnt helped either and Im sure he will want to get this season out the way asap. I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt homesick as well as he has been born and brought up in the North East and known nothing different. Its a big cultutre shock to come here and I think its taken its toll on him.
Get the pony tail off and lets start again Andy. You can do it if you really try.

You could be describing Gazza there Thommo.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm wrote:

You could be describing Gazza there Thommo.

Did Gazza have a pony tail?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Daft geordie tw@t
Thommo's perm

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:58 am

Dalglish has a dilemna on Saturday April 14th - Does he play Carroll in the Semi Final or run him in the National ! :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:16 am

Better chance of winning the National !  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am

RedAnt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:22 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am wrote:

I like you more with every post I read Thommo.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I hope we keep Carroll. I'm looking to next season now and think Carroll could be a great asset to a three pronged attack. Imagine if we still had Fowler, Owen, or Torres. Use Andy as a spear head of the attack and have a sharp and hungry striker up there with Suarez. With Stevie G and perhaps a new and creative centre mid to mix it up, and another winger added to what we have, I think we'd finally start to see some goals.

So the solution to our poor forward play is starting 3 strikers down the middle, gerrard in a more advanced role, a winger, and a creative midfielder. Screw having balance in the side and any sort of defensive midfielders.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 am

That's what you'd do Ace? Not me. I'd have Suarez and another supporting Carroll with a three man midfield. One would be a defensive mid. Our wing play has been real poor this season. I'd perhaps play a narrower game. I'd not get rid of Downing and co. I think they'd be good options on the bench for a wider game. With two wide attackers, plus two men running from midfield, and supporting fullbacks, we could actually have some men in the box for a change. Oh, and Gerrard IS the creative midfielder. I'd like a younger option to learn from him and rest his aging legs on occasions.
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

aCe' » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:24 am wrote:So the solution to our poor forward play is starting 3 strikers down the middle, gerrard in a more advanced role, a winger, and a creative midfielder. Screw having balance in the side and any sort of defensive midfielders.

Ya do realise that's what we've done all season? Maxi and Suarez, Dirk and Suarez, Downing and Suarez...on the wings, putting in poor crosses for Andy to compete for without a team mate in sight. Men in the box... it's been our one main on-field failure this year. Behind those three we've had 3 centre mids (one playing defensive) and Gerrard, Adam, Hendo just ain't been getting up to support attacks.
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 pm

The best option is a season long loan... for the following reasons;

1.His value is around the 10-12m mark if we sell now.
2.A season long loan to a direct team (especially Stoke) that get the maximum out of him means his value could rise to 15m.
3.Not having him here next year means we dont spoil another season.

Those are the three main reasons why a loan deal has to be the number 1 option. If we sell we wont recoup more than 12. If we keep we have another season ruined with his presence. If we loan we still own the player, he wont be at the club, and his value will get close to 15 (thats if he goes to a direct long ball team namely Stoke that plays his aerial type of game).

I know he was heavily linked with a return to Newcastle in the window, but i cannot see this happening as they wont want to go back to the direct style they played under him (though this is Newcastle).
D___C

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:13 pm

D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 am wrote:The best option is a season long loan... for the following reasons;

1.His value is around the 10-12m mark if we sell now.
2.A season long loan to a direct team (especially Stoke) that get the maximum out of him means his value could rise to 15m.
3.Not having him here next year means we dont spoil another season.

Those are the three main reasons why a loan deal has to be the number 1 option. If we sell we wont recoup more than 12. If we keep we have another season ruined with his presence. If we loan we still own the player, he wont be at the club, and his value will get close to 15 (thats if he goes to a direct long ball team namely Stoke that plays his aerial type of game).

I know he was heavily linked with a return to Newcastle in the window, but i cannot see this happening as they wont want to go back to the direct style they played under him (though this is Newcastle).

You're a genius. YOU should write Kenny's report. Wouldn't take long.

This season is f*cked up because of * drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll* Andy Carroll. Recommendation? Loan him out. Result? Next seasons champions!!!
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion