Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Octsky » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm wrote:Jonjo Shelvey tells Andy Carroll To get in the Fookin Box :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KRYlVJ_EHU

the title said it all.

It seems a little iffy to pick out one situation, but since this situation has been picked out, watch the movement of Carroll again. He chooses not to go into the box. He drops back behind the defence and is open for the pass. If Shelvey passes then moves forwards, he's past the last man and Andy can knock a perfect one-two through to Shelvey who would be past the last man and with only the keeper to beat. Just an example of how two players minds work in two different ways. We could say Andy failed to get into the box, but on the other hand we can say Shelvey failed to make the pass and run.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Octsky » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm wrote:Jonjo Shelvey tells Andy Carroll To get in the Fookin Box :

the title said it all.

Go to radio city.. Liverpool matchbook... and listen to the league cup final. Aldo savages his awful positional sense. "Great ball Stewie.... whats Carroll doing standing still at the edge of the box". Repeats it during the game.

Carroll possesses every weakness you can think of.
D___C

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm

D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm wrote:

does he cry when bambi's mum gets shot?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 pm

andy_g » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 pm wrote:

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

[quote="

Carroll possesses every weakness you can think of.[/quote]

What kinda comment is that? The same kind that would claim that all we need to do is loan out the "season wrecking" Andy Carroll to make everything ok I suppose. Lemme ask you since Carroll wrecked the season for us...if he hadn't wrecked it, where would we have finished? 4th? Higher?
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

remove a non goalscoring #9 for a goalscoring #9 then yes.... we would be looking at a very different season.

Would Arsenal be sitting in top 4 without Van Persie?

A quality central midfielder, and a quality striker.. are the two positions we are in dire need. Kenny spent 55 million on those two positions in henderson and carroll.
D___C

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 pm

D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm wrote:remove a non goalscoring #9 for a goalscoring #9 then yes.... we would be looking at a very different season.

A quality central midfielder, and a quality striker.. are the two positions we are in dire need. Kenny spent 55 million on those two positions in henderson and carroll.

True, but both are young lads new to the game and still learning. What bugs me about your posting is that you are generally unfair and not so much critical as b*tchy. For you Carroll can do no right. Had we not signed Carroll, we'd not have gotten fourth place. I'm sorry, but as much as you seem to want him to be, Andy Carroll ain't to blame for our failed season. It's not any one person. It's the club, the team, the supporters...the entire package. One big fat F up. I mark this one down to experience. Should there be no progress next season, or even worse...further decline, then I will start to worry. I'll still back our club though from top to bottom and back up.

Andy Carroll wears Liverpool red. Deal with it.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 pm

RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm wrote:
D___C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm wrote:remove a non goalscoring #9 for a goalscoring #9 then yes.... we would be looking at a very different season.

True, but both are young lads new to the game and still learning. What bugs me about your posting is that you are generally unfair and not so much critical as b*tchy. For you Carroll can do no right. Had we not signed Carroll, we'd not have gotten fourth place. I'm sorry, but as much as you seem to want him to be, Andy Carroll ain't to blame for our failed season. It's not any one person. It's the club, the team, the supporters...the entire package. One big fat F up. I mark this one down to experience. Should there be no progress next season, or even worse...further decline, then I will start to worry. I'll still back our club though from top to bottom and back up.

Andy Carroll wears Liverpool red. Deal with it.

well said mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 pm

I do
And when Dumbos mum sings to him while she is chained up
:down:
What is it with Disney and mums?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 pm wrote:

I do
And when Dumbos mum sings to him while she is chained up
:down:
What is it with Disney and mums?

When Scar kills Mufassa :(

...a dad though, not a mum.
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 am

the title said it all.

Yes, thought the same while I was watching the game, why the f*ck didn't Carroll run in the f*cking box. And he does this often. He needs to be told that he's not a f*cking midfielder and that he's useless outside the box!

The bad thing is that it's not just him. We're pathetic when it comes to threatening on goal. It's like nobody wants to get in the damn box. I think it's a tactical problem that Kenny and his coaches need to look into.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 am

I wonder though... how come Ryan Babel didn't get as fierce a defence as Andy is getting now on this forum? He wore the red shirt too...  :suspect:

But everyone was in agreement that he was cack
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 am

RedAnt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm wrote:

the title said it all.

It seems a little iffy to pick out one situation, but since this situation has been picked out, watch the movement of Carroll again. He chooses not to go into the box. He drops back behind the defence and is open for the pass. If Shelvey passes then moves forwards, he's past the last man and Andy can knock a perfect one-two through to Shelvey who would be past the last man and with only the keeper to beat. Just an example of how two players minds work in two different ways. We could say Andy failed to get into the box, but on the other hand we can say Shelvey failed to make the pass and run.

decoy run, even without the ball you can be useful to your team. if Carroll started running at the 5sec (video) mark, he would have divert 1 or 2 defenders away, leaving Shelvey with one defender to deal with instead of being surrounded by 3-4 barcode players. that why Kuyt is so useful with his tireless running.

teams with the best off the ball movements are Gooners and Barca. although i loved the goal scored by Maxi during our league cup win over chelskit, good team work goal.
Carroll after the dive i have lost all hope on him.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:32 am

maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 am wrote:I wonder though... how come Ryan Babel didn't get as fierce a defence as Andy is getting now on this forum? He wore the red shirt too...  :suspect:

But everyone was in agreement that he was cack

Babel didnt have a pony tail
Thommo's perm

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

Andy Carroll has apologised for walking straight down the tunnel on Sunday. He was aiming for the bench.

:laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion