Barca v real - Who saw this?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby clint » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:28 am

i know its got nothing to do with our team but seeing barca last night has left me mesmerised, they were truley out of this world. id love to see us play that kind of football
clint

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:31 am

I think this is the football that frank rijkaard can bring to Liverpool ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:47 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think this is the football that frank rijkaard can bring to Liverpool ...

Minus about seven players
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 am

Im not sure, we would need a massive clear out, the transition would take a good few years, most of our players aint technically good enough for the short 1 touch passing. even tho im not roys biggest fan id like to see him given a chance. as for frank rijkaard im in 2 minds yes he done well in spain but wen u have the likes of messi, xavi, inesta, eto, henry and more at your disposal it kinda makes things a little easier lol
clint

Postby Seress » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 am

It was unbelievable.I don't know how this could be bettered.This kind of football was started by Cruijff and takes years and years to develop though.You need vision,persistence and consistency in scouting to even come close to this.To play this way takes a total team and club effort.
Seress

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 am

kazza wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think this is the football that frank rijkaard can bring to Liverpool ...

Minus about seven players

What is "Minus about seven players" ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 am

Seress wrote:It was unbelievable.I don't know how this could be bettered.This kind of football was started by Cruijff and takes years and years to develop though.You need vision,persistence and consistency in scouting to even come close to this.To play this way takes a total team and club effort.

Totally agree but at the end of the day it's manager that made a final decisions ...

look at Liverpool ... We have Shelvey,  Pacheco, D Wilson, Kelly, Eccleston, Toni Silva and Suso ...

what he did , he sign Paul Konchesky, Fábio Aurélio, Christian Poulsen ...  and these 2 boys in Fulham now (Alex Kačaniklić and Lauri Dalla Valle)
LiverpoolMadman

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Seress wrote:It was unbelievable.I don't know how this could be bettered.This kind of football was started by Cruijff and takes years and years to develop though.You need vision,persistence and consistency in scouting to even come close to this.To play this way takes a total team and club effort.

Totally agree but at the end of the day it's manager that made a final decisions ...

look at Liverpool ... We have Shelvey,  Pacheco, D Wilson, Kelly, Eccleston, Toni Silva and Suso ...

what he did , he sign Paul Konchesky, Fábio Aurélio, Christian Poulsen ...  and these 2 boys in Fulham now (Alex Kačaniklić and Lauri Dalla Valle)

It's hardly Roy's fault we aren't close to playing like Barcelona. :laugh:

We haven't played domination football like that since the 60s and 70s!

Not Evans, Houllier, Benitez or Hodgson have signed players capable of playing that type of total possession football. Nor have any of those managers taught and trained that.

Barcelona are a truly one off side, the only side I can see who are "trying" to create the same culture and playing style are Arsenal. All others including ourselves will have to manage...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Barca has 9 players playing in the first team from their academy, and that explains why they are the most successful club right now.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:31 pm

metalhead wrote:Barca has 9 players playing in the first team from their academy, and that explains why they are the most successful club right now.

It's more than that though. They teach a fundamentally different style of football than almost every other team. They teach 'total football' from the youngest age. They're focus is skill and a footballing brain over our focus on size.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:39 pm

TBH I see this Barca team going down as possibly THE greatest footballing side.

They have the ability in every area of the team to dismantle anyone that is put in front of them and do it with style.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
metalhead wrote:Barca has 9 players playing in the first team from their academy, and that explains why they are the most successful club right now.

It's more than that though. They teach a fundamentally different style of football than almost every other team. They teach 'total football' from the youngest age. They're focus is skill and a footballing brain over our focus on size.

Didn't cruyff introduce this when he was managing somewhat in the Barca academy?

I hope Rodolfo and Segura can implement that type of football in our academy.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:18 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:TBH I see this Barca team going down as possibly THE greatest footballing side.

They have the ability in every area of the team to dismantle anyone that is put in front of them and do it with style.

Ive been preaching to those who listen that I already think the side the won the treble two seasons back is the greatest club side ever, the way they implemented the high pressure style with all that wonderful 1 touch high tempo football is like nothing that has ever been done before. Focus went off them with Inter knocking them out in the semis of the CL last season but people are quick to forget that they robbed Barca blind over the two legs, Militos offisde goal, a dubious handball ref call when Bojan scored an equalizer in injury time at the Nou Camp that would have put Barca through as well as a stonewall penalty decision inexplicably waved away at 3-1 down in the San Siro for a BLATANT foul on Alves. I could be a real cynic and say that the pro-Mourinho British media - particularly SKY brushed these details under the carpet. It can be also pointed out that Barca had their fair share of luck the season before in the semis against Chelsea, though the "6 stonewall penalties" nonsense spouted out by the English press again show the bias that can waver opinion to the casual observer - there was 1 decision where a bouncing ball hit Pique on the hand that had any warrant at all for a shout, throwing yourself to the ground at every opportunity may work for Drogba and Co in the Premier League but on that night the ref was wise to it. They also played 10 men across the goal line for 180mins against Barca over two legs and managed to take the lead when Michael Essien caught a miracle effort on his weak foot 30yds out in the 2nd leg at the bridge. Total football won out that night and Iniesta put the Catalans through with a deserved injury time equalizer (away goal winner)

Others may be swayed by the medias version of events. Burjennio, like the wise old elephant, never forgets  :D

Anyway I still dont think this side is at quite that level, mainly because Villa is still adapting even though he was awesome last night and hes not quite the front man Eto'o was that season. Yet.
burjennio

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:56 pm

That isn't how I recall either of those ties, and especially the Inter game. In both legs, though Barca had the majority of possession - as they usually do - Inter were very effective at containing them. On top of that - in the first leg - Barca stuggled to cope with the precision with which Inter countered, with Sneijder, Maicon, Milto and co running riot at times, while in the second leg, and with 10-men for 60 minutes (because of Busquets's theatrics) they put in a masterful defensive performance, shutting Barca out more or less until the final 10 minutes, when they really came under severe pressure, and indeed when Barca might have had another goal but for a wrong decision by the ref. Over the two legs, though, Inter were more than deserving of their place in the final.

And I did see the game on Monday, I've recorded it in fact, because it was simply an incredible display of total football. The interchange, the touch, the sjkill, the balance, the deteremination to win the ball back quickly... total domination from front to back. The return leg will certainly be interesting.
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am

the best part of the game was after 5 minutes, where messi hit the post (with obvious pure genius) and the muppet commentator said ' and messi is finally getting into the game

What the feck!!!!
1: It was only 5 minutes in
2: hed already done a load of genius
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion