Victor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:51 am

Apparently the deal is off for Victor now, cause Gonzales went to Sociedad

And that only happened because Deportivo first said yes, and then surprisingly said no. There are clubs that are decent in the relationship with other clubs. Liverpool contacted Real Sociedad to get Alonso, then contacted the player.

There are other team's who have little ethics, and some presidents with attitudes of Caribean republic governments. The worst thing about it is that they enter the bid, then they withdraw, and then you have no time to find other options.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:08 pm

"A row over unpaid wages is holding up Victor's proposed move from Deportivo La Coruna to Liverpool.

Liverpool and Depor have already agreed a deal for the 29-year-old with The Reds having drawn up a three-and-a-half year contract for the Spaniard.

He is scheduled to fly to England on Monday afternoon to undertake a medical ahead of signing on Tuesday, but is currently at loggerheads with Depor over his package to leave the Primera outfit.

The former Real Madrid man insists Depor are pressuring him to give up a portion of his wages to complete his switch to Anfield.

Understandably, the midfielder is far from happy with the situation and has hit out at his employers for trying to take advantage of him.

"What I won't have is them trying to take advantage of me with the settlement payment," he told Voz de Galicia.

"What's more they are only small amounts, monthly payments of my image rights and other small things.

"I won't let them manipulate me, it's a question of principals."

The player is to meet Depor president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro on Monday morning to try and iron out the problems and should still complete his move to England before the deadline.

Indeed, he insists Depor have made it clear they are looking for him to depart having not opened talks over a contract extension.

"It's clear that they would prefer me to leave because they have not called me about a new contract," he added.

However, this is not the first time an outgoing player has complained at Depor's conduct ahead of a transfer from the club and Victor seems determined to hold out for what he is owed."

- Skysports.com... ovbiously still conjecture, but means it is still in the balance
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:32 pm

Didnt something like this happen last January with a Spanish defender whose name now escapes me
On bright side maybe something better will be available in the summer and personally i think Stevie G has done wonders out on the right
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 pm

laza wrote:Didnt something like this happen last January with a Spanish defender whose name now escapes me
On bright side maybe something better will be available in the summer and personally i think Stevie G has done wonders out on the right

Gabriel Militio.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:05 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
laza wrote:Didnt something like this happen last January with a Spanish defender whose name now escapes me

Gabriel Militio.

Wasn't he Argentinian??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:16 pm

maximus wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Gabriel Militio.

Wasn't he Argentinian??

indeed, he was.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:57 am

Victor: Anfield switch 'is a possibility'

DEPORTIVO La Coruna midfielder Victor is the latest player to publicly reveal his regret at failing to join Liverpool.

Victor almost moved to Anfield in January, but the move was scuppered following intervention by the La Coruna president. Now Victor has told Spanish television he is hoping a deal can be revived in the summer.

Asked if there was a chance of moving to Anfield in the future, Victor said: "It is a possibility. It almost happened in the winter transfer window, but the president demanded new things and it couldn't take place. I know why, but I can't say."

The 29-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season when he'll be available on a Bosman transfer.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez must feel ex-targets are now queuing up to sign for him. Bolton's Stelios Giannokopoulos said this week he was 'desperate' to join Liverpool, having missed the chance last year. Yet predictably, he played down the reports yesterday.

Victor

---------

well looks like Rafa may be interested to get him on free transfer this summer, he is a good backup if Rafa wants to get another better right winger
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill