Sylvian Marveaux - Nevermind...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 pm

greenred wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:WTF so a 24 year old who cat get in the french squad and is that good hes costing us a whooping 1.5million and is injury-prone. Why are we obsessed with buying injuried players? Its depressig that these are the standard of players we ar looking at when oly afew sesons ago e were bringing in the likes of Torres Xabi Mascherano etc.

Yeah but Torres,Xabi,Mascherano weren't world beaters back then.For God Sake,Macherrano was in the West Ham reserves.Sure Man U were after Torres but he was a huge gamble.And Xabi wasn't world famous either.It was all because Rafa brought this players to Anfield that there famous.Now all of them are playing for either,Barcelona,Real Madrid or Chelsea!

Torres was considered by most people to be the forgotten world class playerbecause he was in such a bad team no one ever seen him on tv, EVER. But he was still rated as one of the best. Mascherano was in the west ham reserves because the manager at the time was a complete moron but again people in the game and in the know knew him as a player who could become a world class player in his position. Same with Xabi. You wont here anyone talk about Marveaux in this light.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:02 pm

has officially signed according to reports in france
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm going to predict the second coming of Ryan Babel with this guy, but cheaper
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Is he any good?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 pm

tubby wrote:Is he any good?

No... :down: Most of us would have known him if he was. He's injury prone aswell. Replacement for Jovanovic I guess. He's probably ment to be a back-up and we'll still be signing someone like Ashley Young... I hope. Then again, I shouldnt really comment before I see him play for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Meh.... i've never seen the lad play so hold no judgment. But I trust Kenny and Damien know what they are doing.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4626D84_xTI

He's got a nice control on the ball, I'll give him that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks damjan, saw that earlier. TBH He's what 24? And the French league is like the Dutch league, hard to judge players coming out of there. They could be good, or shyte. Hopefully we are not paying too much for him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

tubby wrote:Thanks damjan, saw that earlier. TBH He's what 24? And the French league is like the Dutch league, hard to judge players coming out of there. They could be good, or shyte. Hopefully we are not paying too much for him.

If you're talking about the transfer fee, he'll be coming here for free. Don't know what will his wages be though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Dont understand the people who say hes a free transfer so we cant really lose. Hell take up a sqaud number that could go to a better player, take wages that could go towards a better player and hell stop the progress of youth players. Like Voronin and Jova etc. before him. The one positive is that since Kenny came in that hasnt been the case so if hes not good enough then Kenny will play the youngsters before him.

I just dont think these signings are the way forward, we nedd all marquee signings now
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't see how this signing can be compared to the likes of Voronin or Jovanovic.  Completely different type of player and different circumstances as well.  Marveaux has alot more upside/potential to be a good player, whereas the other two were mere stop gaps.  Plus he's young enough that even if he doesn't work out, signing a long-term contract, will mean that he can be sold.  I can't imagine his wages being at some level that it will hinder other signings. 

I think this is a good signing and the right sort of gamble to take on a free.  Adds some squad depth and brings some needed pace and creativity to the wings.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 am

Never seen him play, obviously based upon signings such as Jovanovic you do wonder how good he is but assuming he signs the lad deserves a chance.
If you can get a decent player on a free that can't be a bad thing.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 am

There is going to be lot moving out and this lad is just making up numbers on a free transfer. They prob thing hes worth a punt on freebie and can work with him, turn him into a good piece of business thats all really. Im certain Fenway will have covered themselves in terms of contract with this fella and made sure there are clauses and get outs if he cannot fulfill a certain amount of game time, and he will have made those sacrifices to seal a deal.Our medics must feel they can work on his overall body strength and improve his fitness so they will play the biggest role of anyone at Anfield in this. If they can get him out there then by all accounts hes fast, versatile, and a natural left footer so we may have landed a coup you never know.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Jesus i kep forgetting about this lad. :censored: i really hope its not a don deal.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 13, 2011 6:20 pm

i don't want this freebie :angry:  i want Kagawa and Marin and Albrighton and Baines
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill