Sylvian Marveaux - Nevermind...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:WTF so a 24 year old who cat get in the french squad and is that good hes costing us a whooping 1.5million and is injury-prone. Why are we obsessed with buying injuried players? Its depressig that these are the standard of players we ar looking at when oly afew sesons ago e were bringing in the likes of Torres Xabi Mascherano etc.

expensive big names arent a guarantee of success for your info.

Yep. Aquilani and Keane.... :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 am

Anyone seen him in action?

Sounds like it may still be on:

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux claims he is 'very close' to agreeing a deal to join Liverpool next season.

Marveaux is out of contract in the summer and has been heavily linked with a free transfer switch to Liverpool in recent months.

Reports claimed the 24-year-old had been a guest of the club for the home game against Wolves earlier in the season and he has also attracted interest from Newcastle United.

It now appears Liverpool are close to tying up a deal to add the former France Under 21 international to their squad for the 2011/12 campaign.

"I am very close to reaching agreement with Liverpool about joining them next season," Marveaux is quoted in The People.

Marveaux has spent his entire career with Rennes and the Ligue 1 title hopefuls are resigned to his departure in the summer.

The left-sided midfielder is currently recovering from a groin operation he underwent last month and is not expected to play again this term.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:38 am

I'll take him for free.  Can only help with what we have at the moment.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:56 am

Fauxy wrote:
stmichael wrote:brilliant. another signing who's crocked. to be honest if he was there last night i wouldn't be surprised if he's changed his mind about coming here.

underwhelmed to say the least.

Crocked?

Apart from one season, hes played a lot of games in the past 3 or 4 seasons. Have a look on wiki

er... no he hasn't. he's played only one season in the last 3 including this one. he's been injured this season since November!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am

Another freebee why am I not excited about this
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 am

metalhead wrote:Another freebee why am I not excited about this

because he's not an exciting player. He's only ever had ONE good season in his life.

And where is he going to play? He's not really what we want / need on the left, and he'll have to dislodge one of Lucas or Meireles for the central spots
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I really hope we're prepared to spend quite a bit this summer.  Free transfers just dont seem to work for us.  Jovan, Degen, Voronin, Maxi, Cole...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't know what to make of him... he's not an out and out winger... he's not an out an out midfielder...he's not a playmaker... he's fast but not extremely fast... he's skillful but not extremely skillful... he looks like an attacking midfielder who can shoot... but do not make plays for others...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:58 pm

he's a bag of w@nk.

move on...
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Worth a punt on a freebie and Comolli has done OK to date with his purchases so he must see something in him. He might not set the heather on fire but he will offer us width. I get the point about him being injured all the time but things might be different if/when he joins LFC.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Squad player imo. In all fairness he can't be any worse than some of the dross we've got at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm

stmichael wrote:Squad player imo. In all fairness he can't be any worse than some of the dross we've got at the moment.

if he is any better than jovanovic... fine by me.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm

metalhead wrote:
stmichael wrote:Squad player imo. In all fairness he can't be any worse than some of the dross we've got at the moment.

if he is any better than jovanovic... fine by me.

you're setting your standards too low  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Raoul » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:47 pm

maguskwt wrote:I don't know what to make of him... he's not an out and out winger... he's not an out an out midfielder...he's not a playmaker... he's fast but not extremely fast... he's skillful but not extremely skillful... he looks like an attacking midfielder who can shoot... but do not make plays for others...

Assuming you actually know what you're talking about, he sounds like a few other players on our books.

I'd rather we were linked with a cut price out and out winger than a cut price Cole/Pacheco/Maxi/Jova.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 am

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill