Steven gerrard target of madrid - Not a rumour, but.........

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:10 am

I couldn't bring myself to post elsewhere!

Both SSN and BBC are running this:

Real Madrid director of football Benito Floro admits he has urged the club's top brass to try and secure the signings of Steven Gerrard and Adriano.

Floro, who managed Real between 1992-94, rejoined Los Merengues back in December to take up the post of director of football after the departure of Italian Arrigo Sacchi.

He was charged with completely revamping the sporting set-up of the club from youth to first-team level, including identifying transfer targets.

He recently delivered a report to president Fernando Martin with his findings which included the proposal of installing German, and current Getafe boss, Bernd Schuster as coach.

The report also contained his recommendations on possible signings and he has now conceded Gerrard was on the list, adding he was a player Real have tried to sign previously.

"I recommended as a priority the signing of a powerful centre forward, like Adriano, and a top class midfielder in case Zidane leaves," he stated.

"Gerrard is a footballer that I include in that list, he's a player that the club have wanted to sign in previous seasons."

Meanwhile, reports in Portugal claim that Real are considering other Premiership targets, with the A Bola newspaper insisting that Fulham pair Luis Boa Morte and Wayne Bridge - who is on loan from Chelsea - are also on the Spaniards' wish-list.

########################

Here we go again - Milan last week, now Madrid. Just goes to show how much the top teams rate him.  But I think we can safely say that he will stay at Liverpool.  He desperately wants to win the Premiership with Liverpool, and lately we have been moving towards that goal.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 am

NOT AGAIN! :( :(

MUST WE FACE THIS AT THE START OF EVERY SEASON.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:23 am

Personally, I think Real Madrid is a joke.

They arent the force they once were and the "Galacticos" policy is just stupid to me. No team wins spending millions of dollars on "has beens" and media circuses with egos the size of airplanes. No team wins trophys when they change coaches everytime they lose a match. No team can assemble a group of players, who, signed for the club for the sole reason of the ridiculous amount of money they would earn, and expect them to win a trophy every year.

Real Madrid has gone down the gutter and that stupid policy of theirs is to blame. They have no hunger in them at all, no drive, no inspiration. And the moneybags they have for presidents/directors think that they can actually save the club by buying a few more "better known" players? I thought they'd be smarter than that..

I find it no reason whatsoever to take this speculation about Gerrard going to Real Madrid seriously. Real Madrid have become synonymous with :censored: in my vocabulary and I for one, laugh at this huge load of :censored:. What a dream they must be having, seeing Gerrard in their white.

:censored: you :censored:. :censored: you.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:45 am

It will be true, any team and every team in the world would want him, thats a fact.
But he has seemed his happiest for a long long time this season, he has played with a smile on his face and looks like he is really enjoying his football again and being the club captain.
Real Madrid are a joke and the people who run the club are blind, they think that if they sign top names it will keep the fans happy, what anyone with any sense would do is sign players that they actually need for there team.
Makelele was never replaced and since then they have won nothing, it doesnt take a genius to work out where there problems lie, and no amount of world class attacking players will solve it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:48 am

shock horror: big club wants gerrard

what's next? ronaldinho is a decent player?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm

This is just the typical bollox that comes from the top brass of clubs like Real Madrid whenever there are presidential elections on the horizon. It is common practice for the candidates to try and gain support among the clubs members by publicly stating the names in public of big players that they will sign if they are elected. We had it from Perez (the out going president)when he was elected that he'd sign Figo, we had the current Barcelona president Laporte say he was going to sign Beckham if he got elected just to gain him votes but of course Beckham went to Real (and has won Fook all since :laugh:  )so it proves that whoever a president says he's gonna sign it doesn't always mean they'll get their man, they're just using the names as pawns in their little political games of chess to get themselves votes. This is precisely what is happening here with stevie and i wouldn't be too worried about it coming to fruition.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm

:D :D :D :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:52 pm

This time last season I might have been worried but Steve has shown he loves LFC and the club would never sell him, unlucky Real :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Bad news: you have already read them from the mates

Good news: Benito Floro's position in Madrid is weak. The context of those quotes are indeed that he complains about he's not been listened to when in the past he suggested those names. There's some unrest in Madrid with Alonso eventually going to Anfield, and perhaps you don't realise, but they just don't like not being the team that provides more players to the national squad any more. That's why the media talks much about Liverpool here. And media here tend to make big headlines, and give very few facts.

Question: How well protected are Liverpool gem's contracts?

Thought: Gerrard should know that Rafa is building a team around him. His the leader of the dressroom. Gerrard must know he wouldn't be the leader not in Madrid nor in Milan. I think the best for him is staying in Anfield.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:32 am

When you have one of the best footballers in your team of course another big club wants to have him.
He will find what is best for himself and that is staying at Anfield
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:45 am

Correct lads. :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby PCG77 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:38 pm

Why not get the *$#%'s at little moscow (chelski) to start a bidding war between them and Madrid because i reckon we will get close to a billion pound for him... The circus merry-go-round has started. Come August, Stevie G will still be wearing a red adidas strip with the letters LFC (FA CUP WINNERS 06) embroided on it.
PCG77

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:47 pm

I'd be fookin gobsmacked if stevie g really thought that moving to somewhere like Real Madrid would be a step up for him. The bare facts are that Liverpool are a team on the up at the moment whereas Real Madrid haven't got a frickin' clue which direction is up never mind how to get there. He's good pals with Owen and he can clearly see that a transfer to Madrid is at the moment gonna come back and bite you squarely on the ass and an eventual ticket to a footballing back water like Newcastle. STEVIE MATE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill