Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:37 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:47 am

Interesting.

Also read that LFC are only willing to offer him 25K a week and won't budge from that while Spurs are offering twice as much as that. He's going to make his decision soon apparently (like his Dad said) can only really see him going to Spurs if these 'rumours' are true.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 am

10M for a 29 yr old is a bit steep and would surely go against the moneybollox philosophy.

Having said that, if he has a year left on his contract and we offer say 7M before he runs it down, 'definitely take the punt on this fella, he'd be a good signing MO.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:47 pm wrote:

Interesting.

Also read that LFC are only willing to offer him 25K a week and won't budge from that while Spurs are offering twice as much as that. He's going to make his decision soon apparently (like his Dad said) can only really see him going to Spurs if these 'rumours' are true.

If that's true then I understand his position a lot better now... Before I felt he was leaving Swans for Liverpool because of Rogers, and I thought his wages would be around 50 or so, and I thought spurs were offering like 10-15 more, so I thought he was being greedy instead of just playing for the club.  Now £25k a week is a whole lot of money, I mean if I were making that I'd overdose on coke before my first weekend, but from a footballing standpoint, it's almost a bit disrespectful on our part to only offer him that much, especially when he costs about £8 million.  If somebody cost that much, their salary will pretty much never be that low.  Maybe I'm wrong, but part of moving to a big club like Liverpool is getting that good increase in wages.  He wants to make sure we know we want him and that we know he could potentially start for us, not somebody that we aren't willing to take a risk on, which apparently spurs are more willing to do.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Strong rumours Sigurdson has opted to join the reds ,although his agent was pushing for a more lucrative move to Spurs ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 pm

if he moves here he's guranteed to be a starter whereas he might not be at spurs.
that has to have crossed his mind and he's bound to have respect for rodgers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:if he moves here he's guranteed to be a starter whereas he might not be at spurs.

i wouldn't say that, because we have a number of central midfield options already.  With Lucas back, he will have to fight for his place along with everyone else.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Adam Johnson - let me just tell you that he does not get on with Mancini. full stop. he resents him for holding him back in his quest for an England place.
Adam will meet Mancini this week where Mancini will give him all the bull about how important Adam is to MCFC. But believe me Adam is in no mood to accept this. He'll be up for a move lads. trust me on this one. then it'll be down to Sunderland or Liverpool. Sunderland can't get close to wages and Liverpool have already approached Adam.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 am wrote:Adam Johnson - let me just tell you that he does not get on with Mancini. full stop. he resents him for holding him back in his quest for an England place.
Adam will meet Mancini this week where Mancini will give him all the bull about how important Adam is to MCFC. But believe me Adam is in no mood to accept this. He'll be up for a move lads. trust me on this one. then it'll be down to Sunderland or Liverpool. Sunderland can't get close to wages and Liverpool have already approached Adam.

If he was that unhappy with life at Man City he shouldnt have penned a 5 year contract extension only 6 months ago.

Had he rejected the contract and wage increase at that point he may well have secured a transfer and played his way
into the England squad but he chose to stay and City and continue with his role as a bit part player.

I would suggest he has no grounds for complaint and has made a move away more difficult by signing the contract
and inflating the fee.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1212850-bolton-wanderers-to-rebuff-liverpool-approach-for-davies.html?

I think Mark Davies is being judged on the standards of the club he plays for ,and is a very good ball player who looks really comfortable when in possession
and will suit Rodgers football philosophy completely .... I think the fact he is being dismissed out of hand by so many only serves to do a disservice to our
once knowledgeable fans .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm wrote:http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1212850-bolton-wanderers-to-rebuff-liverpool-approach-for-davies.html?

I think Mark Davies is being judged on the standards of the club he plays for ,and is a very good ball player who looks really comfortable when in possession
and will suit Rodgers football philosophy completely .... I think the fact he is being dismissed out of hand by so many only serves to do a disservice to our

He is a half decent player, but no better than what we have already. I’d be shocked if we signed him.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Eagle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm wrote:http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1212850-bolton-wanderers-to-rebuff-liverpool-approach-for-davies.html?

He is a half decent player, but no better than what we have already. I’d be shocked if we signed him.

He is a player who will fit in perfectly with Rodgers firm belief in ball retention ,and from a personal point of view I rate him  highly enough to play for
a top team. I watched this lad take the piss out of every midfielder we had on the park when we played at the Reebok ,and that includes Gerrard .

I'm just hoping Liverpool fans this season can return to being practical ,and refrain from exerting a similar amount of pressure on Rodgers as Dalglish
was forced to deal with .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:if he moves here he's guranteed to be a starter whereas he might not be at spurs.

i wouldn't say that, because we have a number of central midfield options already.  With Lucas back, he will have to fight for his place along with everyone else.

you really think rodgers is going to sign him and bench him for hendo,adam,spearing or lucas?.
rodgers wants to sign him as he is a player that he has worked with already and knows what he's getting plus he understands the philosophy rodgers wants and will help implement it,so in a club already packed with central midfielders you think he wants him for competition.
if rodgers was so confident in our number of midfield options then why are we even being linked to him?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Just popped in for a dose of 'rumour fix' the AJ one picked me up a bit, just wish WWWWW was still around to get me to that euphoric high, again.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:07 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill