Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:19 pm

parchpea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 pm wrote:Shaqiri reported to be confirmed after world cup also signed a young kid Bobby Duncan from Man City. Liverpool boy who had to use the City path in light of our transfer embargo but here now.

I think he is Gerrard's cousin
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Yes Gerrard has a big family by the look of it, just a kid him so could be anything really.

Shaqiri has bulked up on account of his height but I think a stone off him and an pre season in Shanklys sweat box he will shed a stone first week.

Get him pressing and showing commitment it's a good low risk purchase, a second chance for Shaqiri after failure at Munich and Inter Milan.

Pretty big bench upgrade compared to Ings or Solanke and wouldn't have concerns about him being introduced.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:54 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm wrote:Sky sports are reporting that Real Madrid rejected our £158m bid for Asensio. I'd rather we went out and got Oblak and Fekir for that kind of money.

No way that's true. .

Does anyone seriously believe we would spend 158 million quid on a player :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Shaqiri For 12m as a back up for our strikers is a good move..

We need Fekir (or Similar as well),
Currently if any of our front three get injured, we will have only ings and Solanke to rely on.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:54 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm wrote:Sky sports are reporting that Real Madrid rejected our £158m bid for Asensio. I'd rather we went out and got Oblak and Fekir for that kind of money.

No way that's true. .

Does anyone seriously believe we would spend 158 million quid on a player :no

One or two over on RAWK seem to think there is something in the rumour, the mods over there have even left the thread open, honestly, I will be gutted if United get Milinkovic-Savic and Kovacic and we end up with this Asensio lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Asensio would be an excellent addition. He's more of a front 3 player but you never know with Klopp as he does buy players and turn them into a different type of player. If the Fekir deal is off then I'd be happy to go with the midfield we have and bring in Asensio to strengthen the attack. But he's not worth even half of what's been quoted. We apparently made a genuine apporach a couple of years ago and now Marca link us to him every window. I think we'd prob move for him if the price was £30-60mil but I reckon it's just silly rumours started by Marca.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:02 am

No way can i believe we will spend that kind of money on a player. We have ran a mile when quoted less than half that figure for top players.

Its the usual shyte yakka where we want to spend but the other club isnt willing to play ball scenario . Wash rinse repeat all over again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:No way can i believe we will spend that kind of money on a player. We have ran a mile when quoted less than half that figure for top players.

Its the usual shyte yakka where we want to spend but the other club isnt willing to play ball scenario . Wash rinse repeat all over again.

Lol you've had a bad day haven't you! Time for bed fella. Whatever happened today won't seem so bad in the morning. Chin up!
Eagle

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Barcelona keeper cillessen coming for 35m big reports circulating
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Welsh wizzard 13 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 pm wrote:Barcelona keeper cillessen coming for 35m big reports circulating

35m for a reserve goalie :laugh: either we or these journos must be taking the *****.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:53 am

Eagle wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:No way can i believe we will spend that kind of money on a player. We have ran a mile when quoted less than half that figure for top players.

Lol you've had a bad day haven't you! Time for bed fella. Whatever happened today won't seem so bad in the morning. Chin up!

:laugh:
Didnt think trolling was your thing lad  :no thought you were above that but obviously not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:28 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:53 am wrote:
Eagle wrote:

:laugh:
Didnt think trolling was your thing lad  :no thought you were above that but obviously not.

Yeah have to admit I thought Eagle's post was a bit patronising myself which tbf is very unlike him, I was actually surprised when I saw his name on it. He's normally one of the better posters on here. Maybe he was having a bad day himself!
:p  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:55 am

Rumour kicking about Man Utd have bid for Fekir

Hope its just Lyon or his agent trying to bring Liverpool back to the table as be disappointing if he ended up there now
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:28 pm

Apparently we are still in the hunt. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer-

The bottom line here is that klopp has identified him as a player he needs in order to push us over that final hurdle. He doesnt seem bothered about something that might never happen so neither should we.
If jurgen feels he is the one then go for it boss  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Forget this knee injury b*llox, I think we will still get Fekir, after the world cup, probably for 10-15m more than originally planned, but I think it will still happen.

Him and Shaqiri, as back up for our front three, plus Keita and Fabinho, then we could be knocking on the door of the title next season

Currently we still have Sturridge and Origi reporting back for training Monday, so maybe Klopp will instead utilise them more?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill