Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:22 am

He's primarily a DM surely? No way anyone of his height could play CB, not in England anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

We just seem to be regurgitating old links to the same players,  nothing new on offer at all.

The Chilean lad has been connectex before but nothing came of it and his work at Cardiff suggests hes not suited to British conditions.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:30 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:24 pm wrote:The Daily Mail (Fail) are tonight saying Newcastle may acccept a part ex with Flanno and or Lucas both being mentioned as possible players to go the other way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html

I'd keep Lucas, I'd like to see him given a few more run outs at CB this season, he was absolutely magnificent against City at Wembley.

What's the story with Lucas ,is he Gerrard now that we can't bid him byebye? He has been here 6 years too many,epitomize the mediocrity of the last decade and we still can't let him go?
Come on Yakka time to say goodbye already. And a CB of all positions? With Lovern, Sakho ,Matip ,Gomez and what's his face Ragnar fighting for a CB spot you want to convert Lucas to a CB??

Just let go.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Ragnar Klavan has arrived for his medical http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-11630504
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Report we are trying to secure Wijnaldum and Sissoko in a bundle involving cash plus players.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:48 pm

parchpea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:Report we are trying to secure Wijnaldum and Sissoko in a bundle involving cash plus players.

Not sure we would get both tbh but would far prefer Moussa as he plays the holding role really well and is a great box to box midfielder, more of a need than another AM

But hell yeh if we can have both send them over  :eyebrow
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:02 pm

C-R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 pm wrote:
parchpea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:Report we are trying to secure Wijnaldum and Sissoko in a bundle involving cash plus players.

Not sure we would get both tbh but would far prefer Moussa as he plays the holding role really well and is a great box to box midfielder, more of a need than another AM

But hell yeh if we can have both send them over  :eyebrow

Newcastle want the fee for Gini paid in one lump - no doubt FSG will use that to negotiate the fee down. As for Sissoko if Newcastle stand firm on their £35m valuation they can stick it
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Not sure about Sissoko.  Bundles of energy but again seems to be one who turns up for a few games a season and then dissappears.  Did look very good for France but always vary buying players off the back of a  good tournament. Who knows, maybe Klopp can coax some consistency out of him but I don't want players coming in who turn up and have blinders for a few games then go quiet. It's a concern I have with Mane to so don't want too many of those kind of players in the team
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Wijnaldum and Sissoko would be good squad players. Am more excited about Wijnaldum, as he was one of the few sparks in that awful Newcastle side.

With Lucas and Allen (reportedly) on their way out, these two would bolster the squad.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Ragnar Klavan has passed his medical and is set to be announced tomorrow. (Echo)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Not a fan of Sissoko I have to admit, yes sometimes he breezes past players like they are not there but most of the time he struggles to do the basics. I know he had a good euro's but we've been down that road before with the likes of Phil Babb and EL-Hadj Diouf.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 pm

only me » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:39 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:30 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:24 pm wrote:The Daily Mail (Fail) are tonight saying Newcastle may acccept a part ex with Flanno and or Lucas both being mentioned as possible players to go the other way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html

I'd keep Lucas, I'd like to see him given a few more run outs at CB this season, he was absolutely magnificent against City at Wembley.

What's the story with Lucas ,is he Gerrard now that we can't bid him byebye? He has been here 6 years too many,epitomize the mediocrity of the last decade and we still can't let him go?
Come on Yakka time to say goodbye already. And a CB of all positions? With Lovern, Sakho ,Matip ,Gomez and what's his face Ragnar fighting for a CB spot you want to convert Lucas to a CB??

Just let go.

Lucas is a good player, he is about the only player in the entire squad who can time a tackle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:23 am

The Northern Echo is stating that it will be a straight cash deal of around 25 million, the fee not a problem, just the payment structure

The player wants to come and they expect it by the end of the week
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:22 am

Apparently Subotic has failed his medical at Boro. That may explain why we were never in for him
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Lucas is a good player, he is about the only player in the entire squad who can time a tackle.[/quote]

Time a tackle? i've stopped counting the amount of fouls made around our box due to "timed tackle".... :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill