Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Di Maria is a guy that plays in patches but is not a relentless footballer, switches it on and off when it suits.

They are paying double his market value, and this is a shareholder signing for them, not a Van Gaal player by a long
chalk.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:30 am

Liverpool should definitely be in for Sami Khedira . Excellent player and a massive massive upgrade if Lucas is leaving .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 am

On form, Di Maria is amongst the top 5-10 players in the world. I'd certainly place him in that same bracket for ability. I think it's nonsense that his work rate or consistency are even brought up as something to use against him. Probably amongst his best attributes. If Utd get him, regardless of the price, he'll be the best attacking bit of business they could have made outside signing Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez or Bale. Bringing him on will almost certainly force them to scrap that wonderfully shambolic plan that Van Gaal had of playing 3 at the back which would be another big disappointment.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am

Di Maria is a player of the highest calibre and would be a superb addition to most teams, i was really impressed with how he adapted to playing centrally last year for Real, his work rate and creativity is brilliant, i would never have thought he could be more than a winger but he was excellent last year in Central midfield playing ahead of Modric and Alonso. The only hope is i dont see where he fits at Man Utd, how are they gonna get Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie in the same side especially with that ***** poor defence they have, there still gonna struggle with or without him IMO.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:22 am

Di Maria is a good player but vastly overrated and I genuinely can't believe the figures being talked about.

if united think he's worth that then good luck to them but I'd be very disappointed if it was us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am

Di Maria is a good player but vastly overrated and I genuinely can't believe the figures being talked about.

if united think he's worth that then good luck to them but I'd be very disappointed if it was us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am wrote:Di Maria is a player of the highest calibre and would be a superb addition to most teams, i was really impressed with how he adapted to playing centrally last year for Real, his work rate and creativity is brilliant, i would never have thought he could be more than a winger but he was excellent last year in Central midfield playing ahead of Modric and Alonso. The only hope is i dont see where he fits at Man Utd, how are they gonna get Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie in the same side especially with that ***** poor defence they have, there still gonna struggle with or without him IMO.

exactly. Their defence and central midfield are awful and they're blowing the rest of their budget on a winger  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Don't laugh at others, it could come back to bite us... :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm not that worried about them signing Di Maria. I would have been more concerned if they were signing Hummels and/or Vidal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 pm

£62m? They are panic buying. This is just like the old days, they've gone back to being that team that had more money than sense.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Got to say I'm not concerned with the Di Maria deal either. £64m? Should have went for £100m for Suarez then. They've got bigger problems than players of Di Maria's role. The 3-5-2 doesn't accomodate him if you ask me - would he play as part of the midfield 2 or as a wing back? LVG needs a settled back four before anything else, then a midfield that can offer some protection - for me that's where they have shortcomings and Di Maria won't address that. Plus Rooney, RVP and Mata don't work in the same side. So they might have to drop their second most expensive signing to fit in the their most expensive, smells like what Real do to me
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:50 pm

With Balotelli done and dusted, I think that could be it in terms of incomings. Maybe a keeper to cover /challenge Mignolet?

Expect a few to leave now. Likes of Borini, Assiadi, Agger and maybe even Lucas.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:14 pm

QPR close to signing Liverpool defender Jack Robinson to solve the club's left-back problem
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am

Liverpool are looking to follow up the signing of former Manchester City star Mario Balotelli from AC Milan with a move for Israeli prodigy Michael Ohana.

The attacking midfielder is currently enjoying a trial with the Reds with a view to a permanent move, and will link up with the development squad if he is successful.

Ohana, who plies his trade for FC Ashdod, has been tipped to emulate former Liverpool star Yossi Benayoun due to his prowess behind the striker and out on the flanks.

If signed by Brendan Rodgers, the 18-year-old will become the ninth player to make the move to Anfield this summer following Balotelli's £16million switch from the Serie A.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 am

Lucas Leiva's Anfield future has been plunged into further uncertainty after he was left out of the squad to face Manchester City.

The 27-year-old Brazilian midfielder started Liverpool’s opening weekend win over Southampton but didn’t even make the bench at the Etihad Stadium.

Lucas, who has made 244 appearances for the Reds since his £5million move from Gremio in 2007, has been linked with a move to Rafa Benitez’s Napoli.

However, Liverpool insist they have had no approaches for Lucas since Napoli offered to take him on loan at the start of the summer.

That was rejected out of hand and Liverpool will only allow him to leave if they receive a suitable permanent cash offer before next Monday’s transfer deadline.

One player who is on the verge of parting company with the Reds is left-back Jack Robinson.

The 20-year-old Academy graduate is wanted by Queens Park Rangers, who have offered Liverpool around £1million for his services.

Robinson has been knocked further down the pecking order following the £12million arrival of Alberto Moreno.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill