Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 am

Balotelli is massively talented, no doubt about it. IF Brendan can get him to sort his head out, we will have a potentially world class striker on our hands.

I hope he can because after becoming used to seeing Suarez give 110% on the pitch, I don't think Balotelli swanning around the pitch not putting a shift will be tolerated by the Anfield faithful
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 am

Maybe he was always one of us

Balotelli telling the s*n that he wont talk to them  :laugh:

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

Liverpool Echo gives us the facts and figures...

A lot will be written about Mario Balotelli after confirmation Liverpool have opened talks with the AC Milan striker.

But beneath the controversies – fireworks, driving Ferraris around go-kart tracks – is a football player, one who has won the Premier League title, four Serie A titles and a Champions League.

Here are the raw numbers about the sort of player he is.

14 – The number of league goals scored by Balotelli for AC Milan in 25 starts last season, the biggest haul of his career.

10 – The number of yellow cards acquired by Balotelli for Milan last season - also the biggest haul of his career.

4 – The striker won four league titles in five seasons: four at Inter Milan and one at Manchester City.

102 – During City's title-winning campaign, the Italian scored a goal every 102 minutes. His 13 goals, including two in the vital 3-3 draw at home to Sunderland, helped the club to their first title in 44 years.

32 – Chances created for Milan last season – three more than Daniel Sturridge, but a total that would still put him sixth on the Reds' overall list behind Luis Suarez (87), Steven Gerrard (67), Philippe Coutinho (64), Jordan Henderson (62) and Raheem Sterling (51).

49 – Percentage of shots that hit the target for Milan last season – identical to Sturridge's.

132 – Balotelli has a lower minute-to-goal ratio at AC Milan than both Sturridge (136) and Suarez (138) in the Premier League, including 12 goals in just 13 appearances after his move to the San Siro in January 2013.

5.1 – The average number of shots Balotelli took for Milan per game last season, making him the most frequent shooter in Serie A. Only Suarez (5.5) had more in England last season.             

26 – The 24-year-old scored 26 consecutive penalties in his career before Napoli's Pepe Reina saved his effort in September 2013. He then missed his next penalty, against Genoa, in November.

101 – Balotelli was fouled 101 times – an average of 3.4 times a game – albeit in a league with stricter referees. Suarez was fouled on average twice a game.             

11 – His first international goal came on November 11, 2011 in a 2-0 win over Poland. He's scored 13 in total including two against Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-final and against England in this summer's World Cup.

35 – It was 35 years since City's last trophy when they lifted the FA Cup in 2011, and Balotelli was named man of the match in the final against Stoke.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

All over the interwebs now lads.

Looks like 'mad' Mario is on his way to Anfield.

Don't know what to think of this one really.

Supremely talented individual, will find it hard fitting our system but another f**king fruit loop.  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 pm

If it's 20 million euros or 16.5 million pounds, I'd say it's worth the risk. Balotelli has the ability to become a top top centre forward like Drogba. But I must admit I can still remember the incident where mancini was tussling with him at the training ground... Maybe he'll warm up to the afield support and behave well... It's a risk... But I'm quite excited by the prospect of him joining LFC...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Mario Balotelli "today is my last day at Milan, I am going to Liverpool"

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:06 pm

well, I think it's worth the risk. The guy has talent and BR has a record of dealing with players who are somewhat batshit crazy.

Besides, for 16 million, its not a huge outlay. And if it doesn't work, we'd easily recoup the majority of the cash.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm

As this thing gains momentum I feel less and less worried and feel he may be a good option. He is young and as happens with immaturity they become mature given time. He is fast, can head a ball, technically very good with good ball control and could develop into a good player for us. He also scores a goal every two games for Milan so he can finish and has Prem experience.

Rodgers is a different personality to Mancini (who is a hothead) or Maureen (who is an attention whore who objects to anyone taking attention away from him) so I think he could probably do a better job getting the best of him. My only concern is he can be lazy and sulk and seems to change teams every couple of years but again that is down to the manager, who I think will handle him. In terms of "money ball" he is attractive because at the price quoted he seems cheap. If he did not work out we will not lose money on him so it is a risk worth taking.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am wrote:All over the interwebs now lads.

Supremely talented individual, will find it hard fitting our system but another f**king fruit loop.  :upside:

:laugh:

Well it looks like we've solved the riddle on how to replace the nutcase that was Suarez,

You just buy another nutcase   :D

Strap yourselves in lads, if this comes off we'll end up either loving him or hating him but either way it'll be one guaranteed roller coaster of a ride !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

When you look at the price you have to pay for any half decent player, it's a steal for me. We've been offered 12 million for Borini, and for a few million more we can get Balotelli? I'll take it.

He's entertaining, and non-Liverpool fans need some reason to hate us, so here it is.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 am wrote:
eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am wrote:All over the interwebs now lads.

:laugh:

Well it looks like we've solved the riddle on how to replace the nutcase that was Suarez,

You just buy another nutcase   :D

Strap yourselves in lads, if this comes off we'll end up either loving him or hating him but either way it'll be one guaranteed roller coaster of a ride !

:D

Spot on. But Mario must look at Suarez's career and see parallels in career development and personal issues. If he comes good, we'll have a beast of a striker on our hands.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 pm

ethanr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 am wrote:When you look at the price you have to pay for any half decent player, it's a steal for me. We've been offered 12 million for Borini, and for a few million more we can get Balotelli? I'll take it.

He's entertaining, and non-Liverpool fans need some reason to hate us, so here it is.

The proposed fee is only a couple of million more than the money the likes of Shane Long and Ross McCormack recently went for so in that respect it's a great piece of business. He's obviously had one or two issues in the past with his behaviour but I'm sure Brendan and Steve Peters can work their magic on him.
If Brendan can do the same job on Mario that he done on the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Raheem etc then we potentially have one of the best players in the world on our hands.
I'd much rather see Mario's name on the team sheet or on the bench than the likes of Aspas's and Moses's that's for sure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:35 pm

He seems more likely to be a replacement for Sturridge than Suarez although right footed but if they can forge a partnership it could cause other teams problems with all that pace.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:33 am wrote:
ethanr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 am wrote:When you look at the price you have to pay for any half decent player, it's a steal for me. We've been offered 12 million for Borini, and for a few million more we can get Balotelli? I'll take it.

The proposed fee is only a couple of million more than the money the likes of Shane Long and Ross McCormack recently went for so in that respect it's a great piece of business. He's obviously had one or two issues in the past with his behaviour but I'm sure Brendan and Steve Peters can work their magic on him.
If Brendan can do the same job on Mario that he done on the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Raheem etc then we potentially have one of the best players in the world on our hands.
I'd much rather see Mario's name on the team sheet or on the bench than the likes of Aspas's and Moses's that's for sure.

There's also a number of Falcao rumours. Apparently the loan deal could still be on, regardless of signing Balotelli...perhaps Borini will go to Sunderland now?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

fire engine.jpg
fire engine.jpg (13.23 KiB) Viewed 246 times

Warrior invest in new Fire Engine, ahead of the arrival of Mario Ballotelli.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill