Joaquin
38%
Steed Malbranque
1%
Others
9%

Total votes : 74

Postby 007 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:50 am

The transfers season is coming soon and as we know it Liverpool have been heavily linked with a lot of right wingers for the past season. This spot has not been filled and even by now, it is still our weakest spot in our midfield.

I have picked up several players that have been linked to us and post it here in the poll, so that we can choose who is the most suitable player that can do the job for us.

Please have a vote and give your reason why he is the best man to fill this gap.
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby red187 » Thu May 18, 2006 11:00 am

SWP by a fair margin, proven to be a better player in the prem than steed, yossi & pennant. Wont need time to adjust to life in england unlike simao, guily & joaquin. A bonus might be that he will also want to prove a point to jose & the england manager in the season to come
red187

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu May 18, 2006 11:41 am

Either joaquin or SWP they both are top class wingers.Guily would be a good buy but age could be a factor there.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Agree with HKLFC -  Either joaquin or SWP. they both are top class wingers. I opted for SWP on the poll... But if we are talking about a fee of £12m or so I would like to see Aarron Lennon at anfield extemely gifted at taking players on, young, experience in premiership, and now going to the world cup
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 007 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Agree with HKLFC -  Either joaquin or SWP. they both are top class wingers. I opted for SWP on the poll... But if we are talking about a fee of £12m or so I would like to see Aarron Lennon at anfield extemely gifted at taking players on, young, experience in premiership, and now going to the world cup

But I don't think Tottenham is going to let him join us... :(

I would prefer SWP too because he is definetely the better players among those above...
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 2:08 pm

007 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Agree with HKLFC -  Either joaquin or SWP. they both are top class wingers. I opted for SWP on the poll... But if we are talking about a fee of £12m or so I would like to see Aarron Lennon at anfield extemely gifted at taking players on, young, experience in premiership, and now going to the world cup

I would prefer SWP too because he is definetely the better players among those above...

yes i agree spurs will not let him sign for us.... but then again i also think that cheski wont let SWP come to us. There was only 9 points between us, and i dont think they want to shorten that. If is is allowed to move, i think it will be back to city or to somewhere like newcastle....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Thu May 18, 2006 2:31 pm

I voted other as i'm hoping that the deal for Daniel Alves comes off and we can play him right midfield.
Gaunt

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:33 pm

Philips or Joaquin, then Pennant.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 73-1141222089 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:46 pm

I'd go for giuly...... really like the way he plays..... intelligent player with sound technique and a lot of heart...... Malbranque would be the alternative.... proven in the prem a little more reliable than our luis....
73-1141222089

Postby 007 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:03 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
007 wrote:

yes i agree spurs will not let him sign for us.... but then again i also think that cheski wont let SWP come to us. There was only 9 points between us, and i dont think they want to shorten that. If is is allowed to move, i think it will be back to city or to somewhere like newcastle....

If he decide to go back to City, isn't it like taking a step back instead of going forward. He obviously need to play CL and only we can provide him the opportunity.

He may have realised that going to Chelsea was a big mistake because he miss out on the England squad. Maybe Fowler can have a talk with him and persuade him to come to us because Liverpool are the big next thing that is going to hit the EPL.. :;):
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 4:12 pm

007 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
007 wrote:

If he decide to go back to City, isn't it like taking a step back instead of going forward. He obviously need to play CL and only we can provide him the opportunity.

He may have realised that going to Chelsea was a big mistake because he miss out on the England squad. Maybe Fowler can have a talk with him and persuade him to come to us because Liverpool are the big next thing that is going to hit the EPL.. :;):

i hope so mate. Would love to see SWP here, but it all depends on if mareen will sell him to us. we could offer £15m and  SWP could want to come here all he likes, but if Maureen says no to us, we cant do anything about it.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 18, 2006 4:13 pm

I think both Navas and Prieto, are better than Pennant. I'd sign up Navas while he's not too expensive.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 4:18 pm

I have to say Sabre that i'm intrigued by what you said about Prieto on one of the other topics on here. I havent seen much of him, but he sounds exciting.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 18, 2006 4:20 pm

from that list it would have to be guily. he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in the first 45 minutes last night.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Thu May 18, 2006 4:37 pm

I have to say Sabre that i'm intrigued by what you said about Prieto on one of the other topics on here. I havent seen much of him, but he sounds exciting.

Prieto is exciting, but I wouldn't like him going out yet. Prieto is the best dribbler of the lot. Navas is the most complete. He has already shown he knows playing in a rough league like the segunda (Poli Ejido), he has a terrible shot, and decent dribling and speed. He's been decissive not only in the final but also the liga.

Giuly is a more made footballer, he has pace, and he's a good winger. Any of those would solve our demands on the right wing, and I think specially the latter Giuly is a possible signing, and cheap signing as he's leaving Barça.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill