Penn is the right man for benitez

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:34 am

PENN IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR BENITEZ
EXCLUSIVE
By Alan Nixon
LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez is weighing up a shock move for Birmingham City's wayward winger Jermaine Pennant.

Benitez's spies have been monitoring the talented 23-year-old as they look for an answer to their right wing problems. Pennant is on the Reds hit-list as top target Simao Sabrosa is too expensive for their budget.

Pennant cost Birmingham around £3million when he joined from Arsenal and an offer of £4m would be enough to get him without emptying the Kop coffers.

For all of his off-thefield troubles, Pennant's ability has never been in doubt.

Benitez is desperate for a genuine rightsided player after struggling through the season with makeshift solutions, headed by skipper Steven Gerrard and Luis Garcia.

The Liverpool chief wants Simao but his performances in the Champions League, including helping oust Liverpool from the competition, mean Benfica could hold out for more money - and they will not budge from a £10m-plus valuation.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:36 am

bavlondon - why is it that you insist on starting hundreds of new topics, most of which are pure speculation or copied from Kraptalk, offer no opinions of your own and refuse to post transfer rumours in the transfer rumour thread ? ? ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:42 am

Your right. Sorry mate. nobody reply then............

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:50 am

Pennant is a quality winger, fast, clever and composed.

I personally would love it if he signed for us, given his ability and his price tag but
unfortunately he's publically declared his loyalty to Birmingham that he would stay with them even if they are to be relegated.

Sounds like a very loyal guy, I think he would have done great in Liverpool but sadly its just not meant to be. :)
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:52 am

Ooops.

My bad.  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 am

Im sure if he was still at Arsenal and he was straightend out then he woul dbe world easily 12 -12 Mil. All he needs is some direction. And Rafa seems like a person who not only brings the best out of players but his stric policy seems to brush off well with the players. I think up to 5M is well worth the risk for him. And if they go down maybe he could come for cheaper.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 am

anti-hero wrote:Pennant is a quality winger, fast, clever and composed.

I personally would love it if he signed for us, given his ability and his price tag but
unfortunately he's publically declared his loyalty to Birmingham that he would stay with them even if they are to be relegated.

Sounds like a very loyal guy, I think he would have done great in Liverpool but sadly its just not meant to be. :)

He had to say that cos their was a lot of speculation, most players do it these days then move to another close a few months later, plus if we off around £5m I don't think B'Ham would turn it down also do you really think that he wants to play in the Championship  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:03 am

Sean Penn? Cause Chris died a few months ago.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:10 am

Paul C,

Well you have a point there...

What are the chances of us signing him anyways?

I mean, who else are interested?

The only name that I came across reading this article,

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/1104200....ce.html

is Tottenham and I seriously think they'll be able to get him. They may table an offer around 5 million, maybe even larger and they stand a realistic chance of seeing Champions League action next season.

What do you guys think?

And if he does say that he wants out of Birmingham would Chelsea come knocking?   ???
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:54 am

I'd rather have sean penn
coolsobs

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:39 pm

I would take Pennant without doubt. The guy has great ability. OK we don't see it every week but if anyone can get him fit and get the best out of him then it's Rafa. At £4 I would take him. That leaves the right side sorted and allows Rafa to concentrate on the front line + more young talent for the squad.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:31 pm

coolsobs wrote:I'd rather have sean penn

whoever turns u on......  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:45 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I would take Pennant without doubt. The guy has great ability. OK we don't see it every week but if anyone can get him fit and get the best out of him then it's Rafa. At £4 I would take him. That leaves the right side sorted and allows Rafa to concentrate on the front line + more young talent for the squad.

At that price I might have him and let him play for me sunday league  team - lol   :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:44 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I would take Pennant without doubt. The guy has great ability. OK we don't see it every week but if anyone can get him fit and get the best out of him then it's Rafa. At £4 I would take him. That leaves the right side sorted and allows Rafa to concentrate on the front line + more young talent for the squad.

At that price I might have him and let him play for me sunday league  team - lol   :D

:D

This Pennant you speak of... .. $4..?

Really???

He sucks THAT bad?? :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill