News - thierry henry

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Madmax » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Barcelona want to sell him in the summer, lets get him!

ahem to that..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 am

He's one of those players, who if fit and motivated could make a huge difference to any team. I think he was the best player to play in the Premiership, an absolutely wonderful footballer at his best. There is no certainty though that he'd be anywhere near his best either mentally or physically. Fellas who watch La Liga would have a better idea.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:08 pm

i think personally he is past is sell by date to old prone to injuries we need some 1 who is a few years younger,
we need new investment new owners to plough some reddies back in to the club and not waste money on
some 1 like Henry, in is day he was the best in the prem  but sadly like all of us age catch's up with all of us,
selling Robbie Keane was a big mistake Rafa should of waited till the summer personally i think Keane would
of come good had he been given chance is confidence would of come in time just my views.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Well he would probably get sold to Arsenal anyways, then maybe we can swoop in on RVP?
SupitsJonF

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 am

bigmick wrote:He's one of those players, who if fit and motivated could make a huge difference to any team. I think he was the best player to play in the Premiership, an absolutely wonderful footballer at his best. There is no certainty though that he'd be anywhere near his best either mentally or physically. Fellas who watch La Liga would have a better idea.

From what I've seen this season from Henry is that he he is very cagey.  He does a great job of getting lost around the edges and when a iniesta or messi, or eto find him it's too late for the defence to react.  Barca are so talented and attack minded that Henry is a yet another weapon to be utilized.

With the style of game that Rafa has LFC playing, I just don't think it would be a great fit.  We play a bit further out, narrow and cautious, less chances for Henry to find open space in threatening areas.  Love the guy as a player, But I just don't think it would work.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:06 am

With the way we play, I would actually prefer a different ex-Gunner. He's not as good as Henry as an out-and-out forward but I think he's better as a left forward which would suit us to a tee. Yonug, creative, quick, scores a bunch of goals. Only thing is that he strikes me as a little mentally fragile.

Jose Antonio Reyes.
ConnO'var

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 am

ConnO'var wrote:With the way we play, I would actually prefer a different ex-Gunner. He's not as good as Henry as an out-and-out forward but I think he's better as a left forward which would suit us to a tee. Yonug, creative, quick, scores a bunch of goals. Only thing is that he strikes me as a little mentally fragile.

Jose Antonio Reyes.

Left Arsenal reportedly homesick for Spain. Failed at Atletico sent on loan to Benfica who subsequently signed him in Dec (2008) on a four year deal.

He was outstanding for Arsenal but it's been all downhill since then.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:With the way we play, I would actually prefer a different ex-Gunner. He's not as good as Henry as an out-and-out forward but I think he's better as a left forward which would suit us to a tee. Young, creative, quick, scores a bunch of goals. Only thing is that he strikes me as a little mentally fragile.

Jose Antonio Reyes.

Left Arsenal reportedly homesick for Spain. Failed at Atletico sent on loan to Benfica who subsequently signed him in Dec (2008) on a four year deal.

He was outstanding for Arsenal but it's been all downhill since then.

I know woof... but he has talent. He's one of those players that need a particular set-up to do well. And he can produce moments of flair and brilliance..... exactly what we need against the park the bus-ers I reckon.

If not too expensive, I'd take the punt..... Like I said, the only real question for me is ..... How fragile is his mental state?

If that is still in doubt, then forget it..... but if his sabbatical in the less illustrious clubs have matured him, then a second chance may well be in order....

But still a big IF.
ConnO'var

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Unless our financial position changes for the better, I would think this summer we can solve one problem with a definitive big money top class player and then likely will have to punt on players with potential for the rest of the holes and hope some of them come good.  Not saying either way on Reyes right now, but I can see the use in shouts at players who have flashed but for one reason or another would be available on the cheap.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Some rumors doing the rounds today suggesting that Man City are trying to get his agent to sort out a summer move. If there is a chance of him coming to the Premiership in the summer it may be worth Rafa taking a chance on him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 am

Would love it if we manage to Steal! Henry from Barca. He can be used wisely against the lesser clubs. And can play the striker upfront in case of injuries as well.
RobinHood6969

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill