Luka modric - Is he the first team player ?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:26 am

Toffeehater wrote:he's a foreign player and we're taking a risk

Kuyt £10m
Babel £11.5m
Torres £21m+
Benayoun £5m
Skrtel £6.5m
Alonso £10.5m
Agger £5.8m etc

Not many of our signings are not foreign, and noone is signed without risk

Crouch £7m
Pennant £6.7m
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wiz7y » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:48 pm

In my honest opinion Luka Modric is highly overrated in this part of europe (balkan). I am watching all croatians international games and Z.Dinamo at least 15 games/year. Croatia has some amazing players but for me Modric is not one of them. He is good player and he is doing well in Dinamo Zagreb but when it comes to great matches, when opponents are pressing (like every PL game) he seems to disappear. Either he is not great attacking player as suggested he can play behind Torres. He is not fast,his crossing is not that great, average shooting ability etc etc. He can play holding midfielder but he is not better then Alonso or Masch so i think there is no reason Liverpool should buy him. Espescially not for that price (maybe 5-7mil). When comes to croatian player i would take Srna and maybe Rakitic.
Last edited by Wiz7y on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiz7y

Postby Eduardo da Silva » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Wiz7y--i don"t know are you normal or what
Luka Modric-- hm............I don"t know where to start
I am fan of Dinamo Zagreb from i was 7-8 I watch almost every their game in last 10 years, and I have to say that Modric is Fantastic..He is small and have unbelivible technique, like Messi, but he has one flaw his shoothing is not very best but he strikes a lot...he is best Croatian player in this 5 years, you compare him with Kranjcar(he is not a half good like Modric).....Modric has a best long ball in Europe i think he finds striker from his goal to oponents goal really he is top class player and he has only 22......
If you think Croatian league is bad and he is not worth of 20 millions here is a couple of clips when he played for Dinamo and rep..And look how easy he control ball.......Remember Eduardo da Silva(Arsenal) these two was unstopable Modric sets him ball and he strikes a goal......Liverpool has Torres and i think he could make Torres life easier(with assists) with more than 20 goals in England league....He is team player he returns to help defenders........
For the end i will say just this, if Modric and Eduardo weren"t playing for Croatia we woul not won England never and we wouldn"t qualf... for Euro 2008....Luka Modric is a mix of Fabregas,Messi and Rosicky....He has everything I just love watching him play it seems football is easy hehe
GO GO GO Modric.....I hope he will become Liverpool player cuz I hate Wenger
Here is few links of him, just watch and enjoye
:D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vgjE0NfF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWe98NJ2rCY        here is when he played against Basel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvC6qUiV2u0
Eduardo da Silva

Postby duk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:52 am

If we are going to stick with the 4231 formation then it must be siad we don't have as many quality CM's for rotation as we found we had earlier in the season. We only have Lucas to rotate into these positions, what is two of Gerrard, Alonso, Masch are unavailable. Maybe we do need to sign a decent CM, maybe this guy is the answer... maybe not
duk

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 am

We have far greater priorities elsehwere, assuming this guy isn't a devastating left-winger or second-striker?
LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:09 am

I wonder if 18 mill is too much though?  I'd personally like to see Montolivo here.  I think with his style, he'd fit in perfectly into our team.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Eduardo da Silva » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 am

I am Croatian I know that Modric will become one of best AMC in Europe and i am not concerned about his future....I see that Liverpool fans are not interested for him,, I was on Arsenal, Chelsea, and Barca forum and they prays that their teams sing him....But I still hope he will finish in Liverpool I like this club after Dinamo the best club  :D :D :D
Eduardo da Silva

Postby username » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 pm

At Dinamo Zagreb he usually plays as playmaker on the left side, and Dinamo play 4-2-3-1.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Magz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 pm

He'd be a quality signing for sure.
Magz

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:31 am

I haven't seen much of him either, so I have to remain very sceptical about the fee being bandied around. He does SOUND like a cracking little player though, and I would like for us to sign a player of his type. But just NOT for the price being quoted, as I agree with the people who say, that there are other areas of our team which needs strenghtening more urgently (LB, RB, "real" wingers and ST).
JamCar05

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:15 am

Luka Modric is one of the very best players on the market. He would improve Liverpool a lot and would be a great signing, fingers crossed.
Socrates

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:54 am

I read on another forum that Croatian media is reporting that we and Newcastle are negotiating to sign him.  Oh God, please let this be true!
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Croat23 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:37 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I read on another forum that Croatian media is reporting that we and Newcastle are negotiating to sign him.  Oh God, please let this be true!

Yes, Cro media is full of Newcastle, but I read that English media is as well...

God I hope he thanks for Newcastle's offer, passes it and waits for better one....
Croat23

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:38 am

Croat23 wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:I read on another forum that Croatian media is reporting that we and Newcastle are negotiating to sign him.  Oh God, please let this be true!

Yes, Cro media is full of Newcastle, but I read that English media is as well...

God I hope he thanks for Newcastle's offer, passes it and waits for better one....

Newcastle want Henry aswell  :D Doesnt mean they are going to get him :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 am

Well it looks like he joined Tontenham.  Might as well lock this thread.
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill