Heres another one ! - Trezeguet

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:08 am

Liverpool

Liverpool boss plans double Juventus swoop

08:17 6/12/2006

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is watching developments at Juventus carefully.

The Serie A champions are currently at the centre of an alleged match-fixing scandal in Italy, which could well result in their relegation to Serie B if they are found guilty.

If this is the case the majority of their stars are widely expected to leave the club, and Benitez has set his sights on two of their big-name players.

French international David Trezeguet could be an addition to the Anfield squad as the Reds look for another striker to bolster their ranks following the departure of Fernando Morientes.

And reports in Italy suggest the Spaniard has also set his sights on midfielder Mauro German Camoranesi, who has also been linked with a move to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

Taken from Fans.com, I just wonder if the 'Fan 'in .com stands for Fantasy   :D   

No direct quote from anyone but ah..... what the heck its silly season.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:05 am

I wouldnt mind Trezeguet at all, hes a top quality player. He has decent pace and is good in the air so would be ideal and is still only 29 so wouldnt be too old(seems to have been around for ages)I would expect he would cost about £10-12million but if Juventus do get relegated perhaps £7-8million? At least the rumours seem to be getting better :D
account deleted by request

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:30 am

Another French guy?

Please...

No more...  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:34 am

Another French guy?

Please...

No more...   

:D
account deleted by request

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:22 pm

is there a realistic cace ov juve goin down, ?
kopite_1232002

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:49 pm

It is very realistic that they will be relegated. The allegations against them are very serious and appear to have some truth in them. If so then I think the Italian FA, Uefa, Fifa etc will make an example of them and relegate them.

I would take Trezeguet and Camaronezi like a shot. Both proven internationals and both with Champions League experience. The kind of players we should be goin for. :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:53 pm

Spoke to an Italian today and he thinks the Italian FA have the history and mentality, so that once they find a scrap of proof on this match fixing they will give Juventus the harshest penalty (relegation).
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:54 pm

s@int wrote:I wouldnt mind Trezeguet at all, hes a top quality player. He has decent pace and is good in the air so would be ideal and is still only 29 so wouldnt be too old(seems to have been around for ages)I would expect he would cost about £10-12million but if Juventus do get relegated perhaps £7-8million? At least the rumours seem to be getting better :D

Disagree [email=s@int....]s@int....[/email] the lad's over-rated IMO.

Plus he's choked on the big stage every time I've seen him play. And to me he doesn't play with hard and is frequently perceived to give less than 100% on the pitch. Play's for self more than the team.

If it's a frenchie we're after, I feel that Saha is much2 better.
If it must be from Juventus, I think we should get Zambrotta as we need to fill the LB position with better quality.

:grinning:
ConnO'var

Postby mistyred » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:59 pm

Frenchie :D I don't care what country a player comes from aslong as he can play the way Lfc want and need him to play.

F@ck me Bellamy and evey other tom dick and frank we been linked to doesn't fill me with great hope but i hope i am proved wrong and we get in a top class striker.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:06 pm

iv they go down every man and his dog will be tryin to sign juve players, cant see us snappin up there best players,
kopite_1232002

Postby Paul C » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:13 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:iv they go down every man and his dog will be tryin to sign juve players, cant see us snappin up there best players,

Why not, were as good as any team in Europe!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:26 pm

I think there is a REAL possibility of Juve goin' down from the miniscule bits of info i've heard on this story. I think somebody on here (can't remember who and where) posted the transcripts of phone calls between Juve officials and some Refereeing official or something. If believed and going on what the Italian FA have done in the past I could see them throwing the book at Juve for making a laughing stock of the italian game and ruining the credibility of their game being one of the best known teams in the world. However if they are anything like Real Madrid in spain who have got their FA wrapped round their little finger then they'll probably get a little fine probably suspended as well. :no
As for the trezeguet rumours I think he'd be a good buy but he won't be easy to get a hold of 'cos if they do go down every man and his dog will be circling like vultures to cherry pick the best assets from their squad.
ConnO'var Posted on June 17 2006,12:54
Quote (s@int @ June 17 2006,04:05)
I wouldnt mind Trezeguet at all, hes a top quality player. He has decent pace and is good in the air so would be ideal and is still only 29 so wouldnt be too old(seems to have been around for ages)I would expect he would cost about £10-12million but if Juventus do get relegated perhaps £7-8million? At least the rumours seem to be getting better :D

Disagree [email=s@int....]s@int....[/email] the lad's over-rated IMO.

Plus he's choked on the big stage every time I've seen him play. And to me he doesn't play with hard and is frequently perceived to give less than 100% on the pitch. Play's for self more than the team.

If it's a frenchie we're after, I feel that Saha is much2 better.
If it must be from Juventus, I think we should get Zambrotta as we need to fill the LB position with better quality.

:grinning:

I've not heard this view on him meself and on Eurosport the other week they were saying something about the french press and fans thinking that the french team would be better with him up front with somebody other than Henry as HEnry has a very poor record for the french team compared to his Arseholenal record. Maybe i've got the wrong end of the stick but we'll just have to go on waiting to see what Rafa pulls out of his cap at the end of the world cup cos i think that's when we'll start to see some real movement on the transfer front.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Signing David Trezeguet is not a good idea. I'm sure if we are willing to pay at the price, we can have plenty more options than him. I even rate Anelka a better player than Trezeguet as he is even worse than Henry in Big games. He just disappeared. I prefer to keep Cisse if we sign Trezeguet....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:47 pm

Do you know in another thread I was suggesting we needed to get some quality strikers when I suggested people like Inzaghi (not necessarily him) I was shot down. At the moment everyone seems to be talking about Juventus but AC Milan, Fiorentina and I think Lazio are also implicated. If that is the case I think someone like Kaka would be a good addition to the squad. He is not a striker but he would be an excellent replacement for Kewell. Fiorentina have Luca Toni (Although I thought he was average in the world cup) Gilardino and Inzaghi I think may change thier minds about staying with the club since the latter is at the end of his career and the former is supposed to be the hottest italian sensation I doubt he would like playing in serie C. I think Dida would also be a good keeper but I like Pepe Reina and whilst Dida is excellent at stopping penalties he has some Grobbelar moments though they are few and far between. I read somewhere Man Utd where after Andrea Pirlo but I think between Gerrard and Xabi we have the Midfield covered anyway so I don't think we would necessarily need to bring in Gattuso if he was available. Still I have a feeling Rafa might take a look at some Lazio players possibly bring them to LFC. They are not as high profile as Juve and he could even get some decent bargains.
Raiden Warr

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:27 am

Raiden Warr:

Kaka, CANNOT replace Kewell because they play in very different positions.

Though if you were talking about possible players from Milan, Gilardino would definately be up there in my list.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill