Heres another one ! - Trezeguet

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby darwisigila » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:43 am

what about viera? nobobody mentioned him...hehe.
trezeguet is ok for me...if rafa want to sign him, nobody can't do anything.People said he choked on big stage but he didn't when france vs italy ( euro 2000 final ).

Hescored  in that game. His style of play suit to the premier games coz he's very good in the air but i think ibrahimovic is better than him coz ibrahimovic is more mobile and like to collect the ball from leftside of midfield, trezeguet is a fix striker, he like to waiting for the ball in the penalty area   

Like raiden warr said, rafa should try to get a decent players from another club like lazio or fiorentina.
darwisigila

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:25 am

anti-hero wrote:Raiden Warr:

Kaka, CANNOT replace Kewell because they play in very different positions.

Though if you were talking about possible players from Milan, Gilardino would definately be up there in my list.

Kaka plays in a similar position as Kewell actually.

He plays a left sided attacking midfielder - but he is definately not a winger like HK. Kaka likes to cut in a lot from the left. He sometimes plays the support striker/attacking mid role.

Same position, different style of player.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:55 am

Why buy a replacement for Kewell, we've got one......................... Gonzo!!! :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:20 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:
anti-hero wrote:Raiden Warr:

Kaka, CANNOT replace Kewell because they play in very different positions.

Though if you were talking about possible players from Milan, Gilardino would definately be up there in my list.

Kaka plays in a similar position as Kewell actually.

He plays a left sided attacking midfielder - but he is definately not a winger like HK. Kaka likes to cut in a lot from the left. He sometimes plays the support striker/attacking mid role.

Same position, different style of player.

Kaka does not play the same position as Kewell. Kewell is a left winger, Kaka is not. Kaka plays through the centre usually just behind the striker for Milan.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought both Kewell and Kaka were Left-Sided Midfield players rather than outright wingers. I don't think Kewell is fast enough to play as a winger especially with that gout.
Raiden Warr

Postby Lee2k6 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:26 pm

just watched Sky Sports news, the fella sed that its more than likely Juve, Lazio, Fiorentina to go down an AC Milan will just start the season -15 points.. sed it will all come out at about 8pm.
Lee2k6

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:16 am

Quote from Sunday paper today suggests that we are to go after Trezeguet, Zambrota and Camoranesi. How many right sided player do we want!?!? These 2 plus Finnan, Kromkampn and (possibly) Alves. I would welcome Trezeguet though. He would add a bit class to the frontline!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:17 am

I've also read that Rafa will join Cheeski and Real Madrid in the fight for Cannavaro.

At the end of the day, will it be medals or money that influences his decision?  Believe me, Liverpool FC are gathering momentum to becoming a powerhouse again (very soon will be). 

Cannavaro IMO would be excellent for us.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:08 pm

Rafa confirms Italian interest

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has confirmed his liking for Juventus striker David Trezeguet.

The French international striker is set to be one of a plethora of Serie A stars who will quit the Italian game following the recent match-fixing scandal.

Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina were all relegated to Serie B, while Milan must start with a 15-point deduction and none are likely to appear in Europe next term.

Now all four are bracing themselves for bids for all their star men - with permanent deals and loan moves in the offing.

Benitez has now thrown his hat into the ring and confirmed that Trezeguet was a player he liked.

"Trezeguet is a good player, the question is what kind of player do you need. We will look at what happens in Italy and see what we can do," he told The People.

"All the Juventus players are good players - Trezeguet, Zambrotta, a lot of them are good players for us and for other clubs in the world.

"They will now be a better price than they would have been three months ago."

Benitez admits that he would be more than happy to look at temporary deals if need be.

"There maybe possibilities for a loan deal and for me that is not a problem," Benitez added.

"If he is a good player and he is a professional, it's not a problem for me."

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....nterest

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:08 pm

First things first, it seems that Rafa is fishing for a loan move, and this makes sense. We were all set to sell Cisse and put that money towards a new striker, he got injured so we had to settle for a season long loan. That means we don’t have that money available that we anticipated. The Trezeguet. Situation would allow us to get a better striker on loan for the season, no money we haven’t got being risked and no risk of getting a player for high price on a high wage who may or may not settle in the Premiership, it makes perfect business sense.

For what its worth I am not as big a Trezeguet fan as many others, but he is a very good goal scorer. He is similar to Owen and Crespo in that he will play the furthest forward out of the strikers, predominately on the shoulder of the last defender, his movement is right out of the top draw, excellent finisher and very good at attacking a ball in the air. But despite being quite tall he isn’t very strong and isn’t aggressive, he doesn’t really drop deep and get involved with build up play much and isn’t really a back to goal striker like RVN or Crouch. But he will score goals in any league in the world because of his exceptional movement and finishing., for me he is very similar to Crespo.

We can offer him the chance to play in one of the top 3 leagues in the world, Champions League football, title ambitions, and a guaranteed first team spot. A loan deal would suit us best so Juventus may be keen to do business with us.

Its not exactly what I had in mind, but it makes a lot of sense and would be a good move in my opinion, he is defiantly a 20 league goals a season striker.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:28 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:First things first, it seems that Rafa is fishing for a loan move, and this makes sense. We were all set to sell Cisse and put that money towards a new striker, he got injured so we had to settle for a season long loan. That means we don’t have that money available that we anticipated. The Trezeguet. Situation would allow us to get a better striker on loan for the season, no money we haven’t got being risked and no risk of getting a player for high price on a high wage who may or may not settle in the Premiership, it makes perfect business sense.

For what its worth I am not as big a Trezeguet fan as many others, but he is a very good goal scorer. He is similar to Owen and Crespo in that he will play the furthest forward out of the strikers, predominately on the shoulder of the last defender, his movement is right out of the top draw, excellent finisher and very good at attacking a ball in the air. But despite being quite tall he isn’t very strong and isn’t aggressive, he doesn’t really drop deep and get involved with build up play much and isn’t really a back to goal striker like RVN or Crouch. But he will score goals in any league in the world because of his exceptional movement and finishing., for me he is very similar to Crespo.

We can offer him the chance to play in one of the top 3 leagues in the world, Champions League football, title ambitions, and a guaranteed first team spot. A loan deal would suit us best so Juventus may be keen to do business with us.

Its not exactly what I had in mind, but it makes a lot of sense and would be a good move in my opinion, he is defiantly a 20 league goals a season striker.

If he'll be a 20 goal a season stiker why don't you like him? I doubt he'd score 20 goal but I could be wrong  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Paul C wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:First things first, it seems that Rafa is fishing for a loan move, and this makes sense. We were all set to sell Cisse and put that money towards a new striker, he got injured so we had to settle for a season long loan. That means we don’t have that money available that we anticipated. The Trezeguet. Situation would allow us to get a better striker on loan for the season, no money we haven’t got being risked and no risk of getting a player for high price on a high wage who may or may not settle in the Premiership, it makes perfect business sense.

If he'll be a 20 goal a season stiker why don't you like him? I doubt he'd score 20 goal but I could be wrong  ???

I didn’t say I didn’t like him, I just said I don’t rate him as highly as others, mainly because outside of his goal scoring his game is weak, I would put him in the same category as Crespo, rather than Henry or Shevchenko, and even below RVN and Eto. He is still a high class player that is more than good enough to play for us or most top teams.

I did say he is a very good goal scorer and it would be a good move, I would be happy if we got him.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:02 pm

Funny you should compare him to Crespo because he is known in France for being the Argentinian. I agree his link up play is not the best but he scores lots of goals. He scores his goals in patches rather than a steady flow and he is injury prone. A loan deal would be great for us IMO. He is the type of player that when his confidence is high looks top class, but looks decidedly ordinary when hes going through a difficult period.
account deleted by request

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Your thinking right along the same lines as me there CHL. Juve and AC Milan have made it clear that they don't want to lose all of their stars on the cheap so in the case of Juve and Trezeguet a loan deal may suit all parties. Juve won't have to contend with his wages and a player in the squad that doesn't want to be where the club is but with the possibility of him returning. TRezeguet will get a move to a big Premiership club WITH champions lge footie and without having to make a long term committment if it doesn't work out. Liverpool will be getting a proven goals scorer with european experience without having to break the bank to get him. We'd also not have another expensive flop on our hands if things don't work out like Cisse, Diouf, Heskey, Morientes etc... On the surface of it, a loan deal would be best for all parties unless the lure of cold hard cash from somebody else is too much for Juve to resist.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:16 pm

I like the sound of Trezeguet on loan, its not a gamble and he would score goals.
It does sound like a deal that would suit all parties and would definately boost our attacking options and goals for.
Lets hope that Rafa can do some majic.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill