Giovani dos santos

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:36 am

What do you think of this kid? I've seen him a few times and he looks promising and he's still very young, Barca are looking to get rid in the summer and he wouldn't cost much, only thing that would worry me would be him diving a lot  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 am

I think he would cost a lot because there would be a lot of teams bidding for him. R u sure Barca are going to sell him? he plays a decent amount for them now and he turns 19 in May.
JoeTerp

Postby kieran2011_90 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:28 am

if they really are wanting to sell him then definetly snap him up!
but where did you hear theyre wanting to get rid?

kieran2011_90

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Kieran dont mind me askin like but why have you got that fat ba.stard in your sig am i missing a joke somewhere
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Kid Torres » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Very talented player but you have to wonder whether he could adapt to the Premier League.

The amount of money he would cost it would be silly for him to sit on the bench but Fernando Torres has raised the bar as far as foreign imports have come and Dos Santos would probably not be given the time neccessary.
The Kid Torres

Postby sheikhmomo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:31 am

According to Guillem Balague (the spanish gospel) he has a realease clause of 20million quid in his contract, and Barca are prepared to cash in on him if anybody comes calling. The reason they're willing to cash in is because they don't like his attitude, he apparently believes his own hype and already believes he is a star. They see Bojan as the real future star, they're not convinced that Gio is all that special. As I say this is all according to Balague. I'd imagine they'd let him go for anything over 10million, however he is young and would probably need to be our back-up right-winger for a while, and seeming we don't actually have a first choice right-winger then this presents a problem. The problem is, unless DIC come in before the summer, then funds will be limited so would rafa really be able to spend this amount of money on a young squad player, especially when he'll probably have to spend upwards of 12 million a first choice right-winger. Here's hoping though, think positive.
sheikhmomo

Postby sheikhmomo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:35 am

Just a thought though, if Barca really do want Alonso (and he wants to leave etc), then perhaps Gio could come as a part-exchange. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen, all just hypothetical at the moment though.
sheikhmomo

Postby JBM » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:33 am

sheikhmomo wrote:Just a thought though, if Barca really do want Alonso (and he wants to leave etc), then perhaps Gio could come as a part-exchange. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen, all just hypothetical at the moment though.

Spot on, I think if Alonso wants to move back to spain his club of choice could have a major bearing on which players Liverpool bring in from La Liga, De La Red (Madrid), Aguero (Ath Madrid), Villa (Valencia) etc, if Alonso is happy with Barca though would definately prefer to go for Ronaldinho over Dos Santos.
Last edited by JBM on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBM

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:12 am

I think that he's very overrated, he's good on the ball but he's tactically naive and he's not a good finisher.  If you ask me I'd say that Bojan is a much better player, he's younger and is already on a different level.  Giovanni may become a very good player but he should stay in la liga for at least one or two more years.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:55 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I think that he's very overrated, he's good on the ball but he's tactically naive and he's not a good finisher.  If you ask me I'd say that Bojan is a much better player, he's younger and is already on a different level.  Giovanni may become a very good player but he should stay in la liga for at least one or two more years.

yeah bojan has been saving barca's blushes many times already.
wonder where the hell these players come from.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby flipmode » Wed May 28, 2008 11:00 am

Heading Spurs i here, lost out there
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 28, 2008 11:12 am

gone for 12 million to spurs i think , way too much if its true
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Richj » Wed May 28, 2008 11:27 am

He looked good at the start of the season but then did not do a lot until the end of the season when he got 3 goals in the last game.
Not really sure on him and he does disappear in games, would take Bojan over him in a second.
Richj

Postby puroresu » Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 pm

I am disappointed to see sides like Spurs sign the likes of Modric and Dos Santos while we want players like Gareth Barry.
puroresu

Postby monkey 20 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:44 pm

puroresu wrote:I am disappointed to see sides like Spurs sign the likes of Modric and Dos Santos while we want players like Gareth Barry.

totally agree with you mate      :no
monkey 20

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill