Giovani dos santos

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ken_job » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:00 pm

A question put to Tim Vickery (BBC's South American football reporter) in todays web pages...

Question: Seeing as Tottenham have just agreed to sign Giovanni dos Santos, I wonder how highly you rate him and if you think he is capable of playing Premier League football? Ed Billins

A very exciting move. I was knocked out by him when I saw him help Mexico to the World Under-17 Cup win in 2005 - terrific acceleration, used his pace where it counted, lovely left foot.

Clearly things haven't gone quite as he would have wished with Barcelona this season, but then again with Messi, and the emergence of Bojan, the competition is very fierce - so this is a situation where a move is not necessarily a step backwards, it's a chance to establish himself as a first-team player.

If he does move he'll find the Premier League very challenging from the physical point of view, but I'm confident he can adapt. It's a case of deciding more quickly what he wants to do with the ball and choosing the right moment to go with the dribble.
[I]
ken_job

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill