Giovani dos santos

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JBM » Fri May 30, 2008 2:04 am

monkey 20 wrote:
puroresu wrote:I am disappointed to see sides like Spurs sign the likes of Modric and Dos Santos while we want players like Gareth Barry.

totally agree with you mate      :no

100% agree - Spurs are also reportedly in talks with Capel and Joaquin, with Man City talking with Ronaldinho, Chelsea/ Arsenal chasing Robinho, meanwhile we are trying to sign Riera ?

Fingers crossed its a smokescreen.
JBM

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:09 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3637519,00.html

looks like dos santos is off to tottenham :(
i like the guy n think its a chance we have missed but not overly upset. I simply want us to start searching for players of that caliber.
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby King Carra » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:53 pm

I don't get the hype around Dos Santos...? We could put our money to much better uses too.

Plus, you have to ask yourself just WHY Barcelona are willing to sell one of their top talents.
King Carra

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:59 pm

King Carra wrote:Plus, you have to ask yourself just WHY Barcelona are willing to sell one of their top talents.

Spot on mate.

There's something not right here.  Last summer Barce were building this lad up to be the next Ronaldinho.  One year later and he's going to Spurs for an initial fee of only 6 million according to SSN.

Barce must think they know something about this lad that potential buyers don't.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 pm

The boy has talent.  He hasnt progressed as quick as Messi or Bojan but no doubt he has ability.  There is no place for him the Barcelona side at the moment and that doesnt look like changing anytime soon.  I been on Barcelona forums and the majority seem to be upset that Barca allowing him to go as they think in a few years time the club will want him back and have to pay a huge fee to get him.  I would of gladly taken him in as his better than what we already have.  The fee isnt huge and lot less than some of the players we have signed in recent seasons.
puroresu

Postby parchpea » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am

Barcelona are in no position to wait for young players to find their feet so if they dont hit the ground running its game over. Maybe that they get it right or wrong as they appeared to do with Fabregas.

Not been impressed with this lad in the bits Ive seen of him, mostly as sub, and hes lost out to Bojan now, who incidentally looks rather ordinary himself in my opinion and this is partly why Barca did not hit the heights last season.

Players on the books of Barcelona and Madrid are often over hyped and indeed over priced and the money they are asking for a player they dont rate seems rather a lot.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:17 pm

dos santos apparently loved the nightlife too much, which was one of the main reasons why they werent so interested in keeping him

plus he apparently Knows how good he is, whereas bojan trains harder.

this is all through my mates from spain, but dos santos's fee appears to be less than what we demand for crouch, so i still reckon he would have been a bargain  :(
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby JBM » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:29 am

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:dos santos apparently loved the nightlife too much, which was one of the main reasons why they werent so interested in keeping him

plus he apparently Knows how good he is, whereas bojan trains harder.

this is all through my mates from spain, but dos santos's fee appears to be less than what we demand for crouch, so i still reckon he would have been a bargain  :(

Yep, 5 million quid rising to around 8, an absolute bargain IMO particulary when you consider Rafa is chasing Milner at 10 million.
JBM

Postby AkifDede » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Spurs...
AkifDede

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:06 pm

its offal now:

BBC

Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Giovani dos Santos from Barcelona.

The Mexican forward will sign a five-year contract in a move which will cost Spurs an initial £4.7m and rise to £8.6m depending on appearances.

Barcelona have retained the right to 20% of any fee should the 19-year-old move on from Spurs in the first two years of his spell with the club.
And, according to the Spanish club's website, they will get 10% of any fee if he is sold later in his contract.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:09 pm

won't do it over here. not suited to english football at all.

modric will be a decent signing though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Almighty Red » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:44 pm

stmichael wrote:won't do it over here. not suited to english football at all.

modric will be a decent signing though.

I expect so. But these kind of signings by Spurs are really rather disconcerting...
Almighty Red

Postby ken_job » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 pm

i kinda disagree mr. st. michael...hes full of pace and tricks, and hes 19. he looks a bargain at the price touted and i would love to see him come to our club
ken_job

Postby Almighty Red » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Fortunately for us, Spurs wasted their cash on the bloke.
Almighty Red

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:37 pm

We'll see. Haven't seen much of the lad this season but it's one of those players that as Stu says you only have to look at him a couple of actions to see his talent.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill