Crouchie?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 pm

14 Mill we could get that Remy bloke who seem's good and is much younger.
Fauxy

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Fauxy wrote:14 Mill we could get that Remy bloke who seem's good and is much younger.

have you seen much of him ?
Or is this one of those i have heard he is good and you have seen a couple of goals he has scored ?

Just wondering as you seem to know a bit about foreign football and i know feck all about Remy.

But i would be very wary of spending big on an unproven and as yet uncapped french striker.
We have been badly burnt before.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby puroresu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Fauxy wrote:14 Mill we could get that Remy bloke who seem's good and is much younger.

Or is this one of those i have heard he is good and you have seen a couple of goals he has scored ?

Just wondering as you seem to know a bit about foreign football and i know feck all about Remy.

But i would be very wary of spending big on an unproven and as yet uncapped french striker.

I would take Remy over crouch.  Remy is young and improving.  His only going to get better.  Crouch has had his best days and I really dont see why we need him.
puroresu

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 pm

14 million for someone who is going to be 30 in a few months and only scored 8 goals in 38 matches last season? No thanks.

Better option than Ngog but we shouldn't pay more than 5 million.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 pm

He isn't prolific but he'll hold the ball up and bring others into play far better than Ngog or Babel will. Plus, he's familiar with the club and English football, and he hasn't a bad injury record. He'd be a bit of a bargain at £5m, but as you get nearer the £10m mark the balance begins to tip the other way.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 am

On a side note what a fucking fool .....talk about not knowing when your on to a good thing
I mean Abigail Clancy .....he must have been spiked... either that or he just forgot he was only an ugly lanky Cockney plank who had managed to get off with the fittest bird in England :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:46 am

Slightly off topic but.... show me the most beautiful woman in the world and I'll show the man who's bored of f#cking her.  Life is just like that.

I'd have him back, but not for too much cash, player of his physical stature do their best stuff after they're 30 (Niall Quinn, etc)
Red H

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 am

puroresu wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

I would take Remy over crouch.  Remy is young and improving.  His only going to get better.  Crouch has had his best days and I really dont see why we need him.

You are french though arent you ?
So you are biased.

I expected the reply from you to be honest.
Remy hasnt even been capped yet and if he improves just like our other young frenchman did (Cisse) then he wont be anywhere near as good a footballer as Crouch.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 pm

No idea if this remy guy is any good or not so cant comment on him as a player or if he is any good or not but will agree that is a big risk to take on him
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

You are french though arent you ?
So you are biased.

I expected the reply from you to be honest.
Remy hasnt even been capped yet and if he improves just like our other young frenchman did (Cisse) then he wont be anywhere near as good a footballer as Crouch.

So every french potential signing should be judged on how the Cisse signing turned out?  That really makes no sense.

I'm judging Remy on what I have seen of him.  As someone who watches plenty of Lique 1 Football I think I can do that.  With the money Spurs want for crouch I think it would be better spent on Remy.  Thats not saying I think Remy is worth the money Nice want either but if I had to choose one or the other I would go for Remy.  Season on season his got better.

Also Remy having only 1 french cap means very very little.  Gignac has been capped 16 times but that doesnt mean he would be a better choice.
puroresu

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Ah, I've always noticed the little knocks puroresu dishes out to anything English, now it makes sense.

Well, on behalf of the population of Hartlepool I'm sorry we mistook you's humble, dignified French as Monkey's, but in their defence there is an uncanny resembelance. :D
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Its not just Cisse, its Wiltord Marlet and Guivarch (however its spelt) major money was spent on these players and they all bombed.
Remy has no caps yet does he ?
Isnt he only being capped because 20 odd players are suspended ?
If he was say 5 milion he may be worth a gamble, but this is also a bit like the Diouf money for me.
Who makes these daft prices up ?  ???
Ben Patrick

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Its not just Cisse, its Wiltord Marlet and Guivarch (however its spelt) major money was spent on these players and they all bombed.
If he was say 5 milion he may be worth a gamble, but this is also a bit like the Diouf money for me.

As I said I am not saying Remy is worth what Nice want or we should pay what Nice want.  My argument was if came to a choice of paying what Spurs want for crouch or using that money for Remy, I would pick Remy.

For every bad french import I could name plenty good one’s.  The league’s record for imports to Major Leagues is very good and has a history of very good players coming from there.

For your Wiltord, Marlet and Guivarch I give u Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda.  Funny enough I remember when we lost on Malouda and people seemed to be quite happy.  I was very disappointed he chose Chelsea as he is a terrific player and would of been great for us!!
puroresu

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:16 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Its not just Cisse, its Wiltord Marlet and Guivarch (however its spelt) major money was spent on these players and they all bombed.

As I said I am not saying Remy is worth what Nice want or we should pay what Nice want.  My argument was if came to a choice of paying what Spurs want for crouch or using that money for Remy, I would pick Remy.

For every bad french import I could name plenty good one’s.  The league’s record for imports to Major Leagues is very good and has a history of very good players coming from there.

For your Wiltord, Marlet and Guivarch I give u Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda.  Funny enough I remember when we lost on Malouda and people seemed to be quite happy.  I was very disappointed he chose Chelsea as he is a terrific player and would of been great for us!!

Not at 17 million he wouldnt have been.
He was shocking the first season as well, we couldnt have afforded that with the little amount of money we have.

And i would hardly say that Drogba was a gamble, he was smashing goals in left right and centre and in europe too.
Remy hasnt done that at all.
He would be a massive gamble, i dont believe for one minute Crouch would be.

Not that i would go anywhere near the daft prices being quoted at the moment for Crouch.
Ben Patrick

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Not at 17 million he wouldnt have been.
He was shocking the first season as well, we couldnt have afforded that with the little amount of money we have.

And i would hardly say that Drogba was a gamble, he was smashing goals in left right and centre and in europe too.
Remy hasnt done that at all.
He would be a massive gamble, i dont believe for one minute Crouch would be.

Not that i would go anywhere near the daft prices being quoted at the moment for Crouch.

But Malouda never went for £17 mil.  Drogba was a gamble in the sense the fee paid. Infact I remember many saying the fee was too much after 6 months people called it a waste of money.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill