Thierry henry press conference

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 pm

The thing is Henry at Barca would be real scary. Imagine how good they would be then. No other teams would have a chance at the CL. For that I hope he does not leave Arsenal.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:33 pm

I don't know if he owes them a decission, but it would certainly be appreciated, I'm sure. Players all have their own agendas, and there is nothing wrong with that. They should be able to make up their own minds and do what they want. If Gerrard turns round tomorrow and says he wants to go to Real Madrid I won't pretend to be happy about that decission, but I, as a fan, have to accept it. Henry is his own man.

As I see it, the argument stands that because Wenger plucked Henry from a wasted career on the left hand sides of Italian playing fields and transformed him into one of the Premiership's, and therefore the world's, finest strikers, he should show his gratitude by signing another contract. But hasn't his gratitude to Arsenal been shown by becoming their record goal scorer, playing in the team that never lost and helping to win quite a nice haul of trophies? Besides which, Wenger knew the risks when he signed him. If you have a good player, it is obvious that other clubs are going to want him, it comes with the terratory.

Do I think he should go? I'm undecided. On the one hand I know it would be good for LFC if he went abroad as his scoring record against us is none too shabby. But on the other hand, I love watching him play each week because he really is one of the world's finest.

What I want to know is: Why can't we have him? :D
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:15 pm

rafa should put a cheeky 15 million + cisse bid for Henry  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:49 am

Paul C wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:LMFAO I just found this on SSN

Real Madrid director of football Benito Floro admits he has urged the club's top brass to try and secure the signings of Steven Gerrard and Adriano.

Floro, who managed Real between 1992-94, rejoined Los Merengues back in December to take up the post of director of football after the departure of Italian Arrigo Sacchi.

He was charged with completely revamping the sporting set-up of the club from youth to first-team level, including identifying transfer targets.

He recently delivered a report to president Fernando Martin with his findings which included the proposal of installing German, and current Getafe boss, Bernd Schuster as coach.

The report also contained his recommendations on possible signings and he has now conceded Gerrard was on the list, adding he was a player Real have tried to sign previously.

"I recommended as a priority the signing of a powerful centre forward, like Adriano, and a top class midfielder in case Zidane leaves," he stated.

"Gerrard is a footballer that I include in that list, he's a player that the club have wanted to sign in previous seasons."

Meanwhile, reports in Portugal claim that Real are considering other Premiership targets, with the A Bola newspaper insisting that Fulham pair Luis Boa Morte and Wayne Bridge - who is on loan from Chelsea - are also on the Spaniards' wish-list.

LOL! Should he stay or should he go? :D

Whats this gotta do with Henry? try looking in the Rumours section of the site  :;):

Well its got more to do with LFC than Henry for a start  :;):

But my point was, most people on here are saying Henry should leave Arsenal and he doesn't owe them anything, i'm just saying when theres speculation about Gerrard leaving (obviously, i know this Real thing is never going to happen) do we think he should stay or go? Does he owe us anything? Obvioulsy we want him to stay.

When he said he was leaving last year alot of people came on here saying how much they hated him for doing it to us but when we look at arsenal its easy to say yeah Henry should go. I just think in future when someone decides to leave our club against the wish of the fans we should just look at the situation and say actually he doesn't owe us anything and let him go, but not hate them for it. Like Owen, he did screw us on the transfer fee but this is business not football. Now that we need a proven goalscorer alot of our fans hate him so much because of the transfer fee thing that they would never want him back. End of the day no player owes a club anything and no club owes a player anything, you get the best players you can and you try and get the best team you can make.

Personally i think if Henry wants to achieve more in football he should leave and go to Barcelona and i also understand why Owen left us, we were going nowhere at the time and it was only natural for him to look after his own interests. Well football is a "funny old game" and now Owen looks like a fool for what he did, but i would have him back again because he is better than what we have..
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:59 am

As this is sort of an Arsenal topic. Im sure some of you saw the highlights or game at Highbury yesterday. Yep Wenger seemed pretty angry that Spurs just kept playing with an Arsenal man down.

Funny thing is wasnt Kanu guilty of the same thing a few years ago with Arsenal in a cup match. Can remember who it was though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:52 pm

Those of you saying Henry owes Arsenal to stay are quite frankly talking bollox.  Ok Wenger resurrected Henry's career and at the time you could say that Henry owed Wenger for showing faith in him, but surely Henry has already paid Wenger and Arsenal back and then some.  I rate him as the best player in the world and he's the sole reason Arsenal are still in the hunt for 4th this year and are not about 10th in the league.

The only person Henry owes something to is himself - he owes it to himself to play in the best side in the world as he is the best player in the world, and that's why he should sign for Barce in the summer.  The fact he has not come out and said he'd stay at Arsenal certainly means there is something in it, I think he's already gone to be honest and Arsenal will never be the same without him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion