RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Thought he gave the ball away a good bit and a lot of his runs got snuffed out fairly easy. His work rate was good though and he kept at it and got rewarded with a goal. He isn't a striker imo but that was a proper strikers goal, the way he just span off the shoulder like that. Top class it was.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:04 am

need to get him to signed asap,
he's like owen no.2,
lets not repeat the mistake of bosman on macca and owen.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Hope it's ***** but few noises today that he is looking to return to London with Maureen said to be looking to take him to chelsea
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Read somewhere that his salary will increase to 100k a week. Ffs, he's still got alot to proof, still don't deserve that much IMHO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:55 pm

He's our biggest asset, post Gerrard, our biggest media attraction so they sign him up, don't worry.

Who is our leader post Gerrard? Who is the media interest who will help boost the brand and add value? No SG, no Carra, no Suarez, no Torres etc..

LFC are pretty weak in the character department at the moment.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Reg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm wrote:He's our biggest asset, post Gerrard, our biggest media attraction so they sign him up, don't worry.

Who is our leader post Gerrard? Who is the media interest who will help boost the brand and add value? No SG, no Carra, no Suarez, no Torres etc..

LFC are pretty weak in the character department at the moment.

Is that a bad thing?

Not sure I'll miss the "will he, or won't he" summer transfer sagas we've had with most of our 'characters'....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:53 pm

I hope he rots on the bench. Not sure how long he has on his contract but i would keep him and just leave him to rot until no big clubs want him and he has missed his chance for england

Ibe is better anyway

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Raheem is definitely an asset and should be part of our future, but is he that dispensable as a Suarez to our team? Don't think he's worth the £100K/WK salary but that's why you want a good agent for. I've seen the club squander more money on useless f*ck in the squad so if we can get a good clause attached (eg, buy out clause of £70M, no sale to PL teams etc) then I would rather we pay him, and the likes of guys such as Can, Coutinho and Ibe
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

I really, really hope Sterling isn't the future face of LFC. He's hardly a loyal red, winning games with passion and determination. I've said before, Raheem is like Forrest Gump. Give him the ball and he'll run... right up the tunnel and out of the ground if there's no one to tell him to stop. The lad is ok at bits and pieces but I'd not sell the clubs identity to keep him.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:38 pm

BR shouldn't be talking about RS contract to the Press. He's only creating choas which the Club really could do without. He's been told countless times to 'shut it', but he just doesn't listen.

No top manager would talk to the Press about a players contract offer.

I'm pretty sure when Maureen was asked about Hazard a few weeks or so ago, all he said  was that "Hazard has two years left on his contract, I'm not worried" that was it, end off.

BR has caused uneccesary chaos because now LFC fans will put RS under a lot of pressure to accept the offer all because BR said it's an  "incredible offer". If RS does not accept, everyone will be up in arms and say things like 'he's only after the money' etc. If he does accept, people will probably say things like 'he overpaid' etc.

BR needs to shut his mouth big time, though he can't help showing of his new glistening teeth.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:39 pm

RedAnt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:I really, really hope Sterling isn't the future face of LFC. He's hardly a loyal red, winning games with passion and determination. I've said before, Raheem is like Forrest Gump. Give him the ball and he'll run... right up the tunnel and out of the ground if there's no one to tell him to stop. The lad is ok at bits and pieces but I'd not sell the clubs identity to keep him.

Thing is he is only 20 and no where near the finished article. Yes he has areas he can improve on but if he carries on improving he could be one hell of a player by the time he hits his peak, which is still way off. True he may not progress, but from what we've seen so far, there's every chance he could develop into an absolute star for us. Already such an important part of the team.
Doeboy

Postby RedAnt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:I really, really hope Sterling isn't the future face of LFC. He's hardly a loyal red, winning games with passion and determination. I've said before, Raheem is like Forrest Gump. Give him the ball and he'll run... right up the tunnel and out of the ground if there's no one to tell him to stop. The lad is ok at bits and pieces but I'd not sell the clubs identity to keep him.

Thing is he is only 20 and no where near the finished article. Yes he has areas he can improve on but if he carries on improving he could be one hell of a player by the time he hits his peak, which is still way off. True he may not progress, but from what we've seen so far, there's every chance he could develop into an absolute star for us. Already such an important part of the team.

I'm not questioning his potential, though one would hope an England international of his age could already cross and pass the ball. I'm saying that I hope he's not the future icon that some have said he could be. I'm still hoping the academy might churn out a new Carra or Gerrard, though I'm not too hopeful, currently.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Santa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:Raheem is definitely an asset and should be part of our future, but is he that dispensable as a Suarez to our team? Don't think he's worth the £100K/WK salary but that's why you want a good agent for. I've seen the club squander more money on useless f*ck in the squad so if we can get a good clause attached (eg, buy out clause of £70M, no sale to PL teams etc) then I would rather we pay him, and the likes of guys such as Can, Coutinho and Ibe

Thing is though santa we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and he has been leading the line for most of the season. His agent will want his pay to reflect his importance to the team and seeing as he is also one of the biggest profiles at the club they will have no choice but to give in to those demands.  Its a situation that they created themselves.

Sterling is only a kid and will want to be playing with the best players and not being one of the best players at 20 years old. Whatever contract he does sign won't hold weight for long either. All it will take is him having a good season next year and then the talk of madrid will start and Raheem will have to be given a new contract with a payrise. As soon as that lad stock peaks with us he is off.

Also rodger's should just shut his mouth about situations like this and not be saying stuff like getting to much to quick can ruin people. Its none of his business what the lad is earning and besides its just another example of brendan's hypocrisy seeing as he is on a fair decent whack himself for such a young manager  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:28 pm

RedAnt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:50 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm wrote:

I'm not questioning his potential, though one would hope an England international of his age could already cross and pass the ball. I'm saying that I hope he's not the future icon that some have said he could be. I'm still hoping the academy might churn out a new Carra or Gerrard, though I'm not too hopeful, currently.

Ah right. Yep agree, we really need to be looking for the next Gerrard and/or Carra to make the step up. Nothing compares to having a couple of local get into the first team and shine. So important for the identity of the club. Was hoping to see more of Rossiter but imagine next season will we the year when he is given more oppurtunities
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:32 pm

I really do think the contract situation is just a game of cat and mouse with his agent. Agent and Sterling are in a strong position and deep down probably know staying at us will give him the platform to push on and that  a move to say a chelsea, city or even Madrid could be suicide for his career
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion