Pearse sacked

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 14, 2007 4:25 pm

I remember not that long ago some people here wanted Pearse to be England manager because he rolls up his sleeve, shouts and "has passion"

He was a rubbish manager and not even good enough for Man City.

Liked him as a player but should have no place in England set up if England ever want to be serious contenders.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:29 pm

but england doesnt need a technically good manager. the coach can do that. what we need is am anager to give the players fire and belief...

look at germany, klinsman never managed a club side but got that, same in holland and all over. theres more to national football managers than knowledge i reckon.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Can you imagine Pearse switching formation during a game if things are going against england. He'd probably be shouting "get stuck in" or something like that.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:39 pm

thats why the team would have a 'technical' coach. some dweeb who knows the stuff more. pearce would just be there to shout and scream :D

england job is a 2 man job ive always said. one for the head and one for the heart.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 14, 2007 5:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:thats why the team would have a 'technical' coach. some dweeb who knows the stuff more. pearce would just be there to shout and scream :D

england job is a 2 man job ive always said. one for the head and one for the heart.

Didn't we try that with Keegan ? I would be happy with an England manager that picked our best team and then encouraged them to play.
account deleted by request

Postby zarababe » Mon May 14, 2007 7:59 pm

Pearce was called 'Psyco' wasn't he - I have to say he's been looking truly like one recently - this game can do your head-in.  Jewell today quit du e to the pressures of the game and well I have to say the pressure is huge.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Would you really want a manager called "Psycho?"

Wouldn't you prefer to have a manager called "Intelligent And In Control Of His Emotions"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon May 14, 2007 10:52 pm

I think Pearce has been a little bit too ambitious in his managing career. He seemed to get off to a good start but so have alot of managers. Ridiculously that got the media talking him up as a future England manager. We all know that the second season is the real test as Paul Jewell has found. Taking the England U21 job just made Man City feel like a stepping stone and i think they just wanted to find a good time to get a new manager in. I think they might try and get Chris Coleman in before Wigan get him and maybe Pearce will end up going to Fulham.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Elchris » Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 am

peace managed a :censored: team with :censored: players (barton)

he had the passion that england needs and lack off , btw u can always have a tactical assistant coach or stu
Elchris

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 pm

I feel a bit sorry for him, rather like Coleman at Fulham he is the victim of the previous managers overspending, he has had to come in at a time when there was no real money made available and been asked to sort of steady the ship allowing a new manager to come in and probably reap the benefits.
Having said that 10 league goals they scored at the city of manchster stadium that is an unbelievable statistic and the one that probably cost him his job.
I am sure with a bit of money and better backing he could of done a far better job though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion