Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Apparently with Newcastle contracts you divide by 4.5 -
Keegan 3.5 yr deal = 9 months
Allardyce 3 yr deal = 8 months
Pardew 5 yr deal = 14/15 months?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Pardew has a big personality and thats something Newcastle needed desperately ...if he is given the time he will produce a good team ,and he has a tendency to tell it like it is .... his teams play decent  football  "on the ground"  so I think he will do well with Newcastle
However his biggest mistake was allowing the West Ham  owners to buy Tevez and Mascherano everyone knew the club were being used as a convenient stop gap ............. maybe he should have spoke up then ? because it resulted in the unrest that corrupted the dressing room ..before that he had West Ham flying
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Pardew has a big personality and thats something Newcastle needed desperately ...if he is given the time he will produce a good team ,and he has a tendency to tell it like it is .... his teams play decent  football  "on the ground"  so I think he will do well with Newcastle
However his biggest mistake was allowing the West Ham  owners to buy Tevez and Mascherano everyone knew the club were being used as a convenient stop gap ............. maybe he should have spoke up then ? because it resulted in the unrest that corrupted the dressing room ..before that he had West Ham flying

He was still a mug for refusing to play Mascherano.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 pm

It's enough of a risk taking on Pardew as it is, but on a five year contract? That's incredible. If he sees out three of those five years I will be amazed.
LFC2007

Postby Gerrard30391 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I actually can't believe they wanted him. I thought they may have been able to lure a bigger name to the club.

But then to offer him a 5+ year contract is staggering. Firstly, the fact that they have, as someone mentioned, had 6 managers in 3 years lends itself to say he won't last that long. But to add to that I'm not sure he has ever lasted as long as four years at any of his previous clubs, so God help him at Newcastle.

So what happens if/when he doesn't see it out? I take it they have to pay off the rest of his contract? He must be laughing!

Don't get me wrong I think he's a steady manager, but cannot see him doing any better than Hughton was doing.

Lets just show him what a tough job he's got when we visit them tomorrow night!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:16 pm

apparently hes ashleys poker buddy been seen a few times in a london hotel with him. Ashley must owe him serious money lol
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion