Owen to man u on a free - Have we missed a trick?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm

much as im gutted hes not with us, its been too long now, i cant be happy a player gets injured... when hes playing i'll swear at the tv til im red in the face... but no one likes an injury
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Speak for yourself mate. I loved him to bits like everyone else when he was playing for us but the way he :censored: us when he left, that day I lost a lot of respect for him. And to go and play for the scum....meh.

:cool: :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 pm

ive lost respect, but he was in the wilderness at newcastle, and was offered champions league football and a possibility of trophies... who wouldnt turn that down? He was never a true red like Fowler... he was always in it for him first and foremost, and we could have got him back but didnt want him...

but i am still a massive macca fan as well, so what does that say?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:much as im gutted hes not with us, its been too long now, i cant be happy a player gets injured... when hes playing i'll swear at the tv til im red in the face... but no one likes an injury

You're too bloody good hearted Dawson!

I've got to say I'm glad he's injured, I really am. I hope he spends the rest of his career hobbling from injury to injury and in 3 years time the forum looks back and thanks the lord that we didn't bring him back. Sounds harsh but the simple fact is if he's fit he'll score goals. That means he'll benefit our biggest rivals, the picture of him scoring the winner against City still makes me feel a bit nauseated.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Agree with that. Owen is a tinker's melt for going to the Scum....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:ive lost respect, but he was in the wilderness at newcastle, and was offered champions league football and a possibility of trophies... who wouldnt turn that down? He was never a true red like Fowler... he was always in it for him first and foremost, and we could have got him back but didnt want him...

but i am still a massive macca fan as well, so what does that say?

He was offered that at Liverpool too. All he had to do was wait till the summer so his price would come down as Real would have eventually caved. They were not going to keep paying 100k a week to a bench player. But he wanted to move in Jan to secure his precious England place.

Well I hope he has a nice sofa ready because that's where he will be watching England from come next summer.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Well, i said give him September 'til he's injured so i haven't done to bad have i.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am

Poor Michael. 

Wee cu.nt.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:18 pm

What a horrible little Ge.t he is. To late yeh little Judas,

OWEN: NO INTENTION TO OFFEND

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has tried to lessen the hostility surrounding his return to Anfield later this month by playing down his comments about being at the biggest club in the world.

Earlier this week the former Liverpool player praised the input of manager Sir Alex Ferguson, adding life at Old Trafford was "everything you would expect of a top team, probably the biggest club in the world".

The manner of Owen's departure from Anfield to Real Madrid in 2004 is still a contentious one for fans, who have never forgiven the former youth team star for threatening to run down the final year of his contract and leave for nothing.

Owen has since been back to Anfield with Newcastle after a one-year stay in Spain but the reaction to his visit with Liverpool's arch-rivals on October 25 is likely to be the most vitriolic yet - especially after his recent comments.

"I didn't set out to offend anyone," explained the 29-year-old.

"What I said was, in terms of support, revenue and stadium, Man United are probably the biggest in the world but Madrid, Barcelona and Liverpool are up there with them in other areas.

"In saying that, I'm sure things I've said at different times over the last 20 years will be dredged up and turned into back-page stories over the next two weeks.

"I've been back before with Newcastle a couple of times, so I've played there for an opposing team, but I'm certainly looking forward to this game.

"It will be different, it'll be a bit noisier."

Owen has yet to be on the winning side against his former club but knows, playing for United, that could change this season.

"As usual between United and Liverpool, it'll be a competitive game between two of the world's top teams," he added.

"The teams are more equally matched perhaps than when I went back with Newcastle, so it should be a good game and an exciting day."

With Liverpool already having lost three Barclays Premier League matches this season, Owen is well aware the damage a United victory at Anfield could do to Rafael Benitez's side.

But, with United having lost at Burnley - a match Owen played in - early in the season, the England striker is wary of slipping up.

"It's still early in the season but you don't want to lose too many games or drop too many points at this stage," he said.

"All the teams seem quite tightly packed together (at the top), so it's still all to play for."

Owen is still hoping his form for United, providing he stays fit, will get him back into the national team.

His last England appearance came as a substitute in a friendly against France in March 2008 but injuries and a drop in form resulted in him being left out of Fabio Capello's squads since.

But, with 40 goals in his international career, Owen believes he can still do a job.

"I've always been optimistic. I will always score goals and I have got the record to show that," he said.

"I have proven that at World Cups before but the last thing I want to do is start a campaign and say all the reasons why I could be or should be involved."

Asked if he had spoken to Capello, Owen told Sky Sports News: "I don't need to. I know the situation.

"I need to play well and score goals for Manchester United. If I do that, then I could get picked.

"But I don't lie awake at night thinking about it. There is plenty more to life if I'm not picked in the England squad."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:52 pm

what a pr!ck. He should think about what he's saying before he comes out and says it, thats not just a reference to the 'biggest club in the world' piece, its a reference to everything the little kunts said since he's went there

funny how every he does say mentions a little bit of England and World Cup at the end tho :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:49 am

Feckin little judas b@stard, hope he gets hell, the worst reception anyone has ever recieved at Anfield, thick skinned is an understatement. And any gobsh!te clapping him on his return can p!ss off aswell.

Never a red always a manc, you are dead to us.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 am

F*ck off Owen...you two-faced, snidey backstabbing tw@t. Do your worst.

*Posted on behalf of Me.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:59 am

The most annoying thing is that he still tries to talk his way out of things - Owen spin; he's worse than a feckin politician. He's even worse than Rooney, at least the c*nt says what he really feels.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby man u » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Can’t wait to he scores against Liverpool :)
man u

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

What a horrible little t.wat he is, Fecking Judas , i hope he gets the worst abuse any one has ever recieved at Anfield ,

Michael Owen has vowed to celebrate if he scores against former club Liverpool and accused modern football fans of double standards.

Owen returns to Liverpool on Sunday for the first time since joining their arch rivals Manchester United on a free transfer from Newcastle last summer.

The 29-year-old will face a hostile reception from the Anfield crowd but claimed he only has an affinity with former clubs Real Madrid and Newcastle - not Liverpool.

"I'm human," said Owen. "I'd prefer people to sit down and recognise what you did for them and for the team in years gone past but I'm pretty realistic as well.

"Now that I'm playing for their local rivals - I'm not holding my breath, put it that way.

"People talk about loyalty in football, and for a football supporter it's easy to preach about that.

"As a father and a brother and a son there's no-one more loyal than me.

"But when you're a player, you're not a fan. I've got to earn a living, provide for my family.

"I supported Everton as a kid. I never supported Real Madrid, but I played for them. It's a job opportunity, just like anyone else's work.

"The longer you're at a team, if the fans make you feel welcome and the players take to you, then you build an affinity.

"So now obviously I look for Real Madrid results and Newcastle results, but it doesn't make me any less loyal to Manchester United."

Owen admitted he is desperate to go to the World Cup next summer and pointed to his past international record as justification for his inclusion in Fabio Capello's final 23-man squad.

"I'm hopeful but the last thing I want is to be campaigning," said Owen.
"Everyone can see how many games I've played, how many goals I've scored, how many World Cups I've been in, my record against strong opponents in big games.

"Everyone can see everything with their own eyes. There are no secrets with me. I've played 89 games, I've scored 40 goals.

"Everyone knows if I play I'm likely to score every other game. Playing in a World Cup wouldn't bother me. In fact, I'd raise my game, as has happened before in big games.

"I like big games. For some reason I find an extra certain percentage. Everyone knows these things."

United fly to Russia today for Wednesday's Champions League tie against CSKA Moscow with several players set to miss the trip.

Injured players Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney, Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic and Darren Fletcher are all likely to be left behind to ensure they are fully fit for the trip to Liverpool.

Michael Owen slates fans for double standards ahead of Anfield return with Manchester United - MirrorFootball.co.uk
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion