Lampard - Overrated t******?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm a Hong Hong red, people are countiually going on about how much of a ****** good footballer this guy is. Okay I totally agree, this is good, hes been scoring goals in and out for his club. What i'm saying is that this guy can't be that good can he?

I know you all think i'm probably crazy but this is just my opinion. Lampard is a good player but not a good player as people boast about he is.

Well what do you guyz think?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:12 pm

gerrard aside, lampard has been the most consistent english midfielder this season. the guy should be in the england squad through merit definitely. whether he should start is a different matter. when he has started for england he hasn't impressed me either.

however, the guy is not in the same league as scholes imo. scholes hasn't performed for england for a couple of years but still has class stamped all over him. people say he has had a poor season for manure (despite scoring 14 goals).

lampard would walk in the team if he didn't have these two ahead of him that's for sure. there's no point sven using this cr@p diamond just to fit them all in the side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:12 pm

Of course he's overrated, he's f*cking english!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:55 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I'm a Hong Hong red

Im a HONG HONG red as well. Nudge nudge wink wink......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:54 pm

I'm a King Dong red
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:12 am

Lampards been a decent midfielder in the PREM this season but it does my head in when the papers discover a new "Darling" to heap praise on and try and talk him into the England team........Anyone with a  hole in their ****** knows the best positions in midfield for England but what does Erickson do ? Starts experimenting with this stupid diamond formation on the eve of a championships....???

RIGHT MIDFILED = Beckham
CENTRE MIDFIELD = Gerard and Butt against France then replace Butt with Lampard or Scholes against Croatians and the Swiss
LEFT MIDFIELD = Joe Cole in my opinion or even Ashley Cole pushing up and put Bridges at left back .....

What Erickson is trying to do is accomodate Becks in the middle when he is one of the best crossers of the ball in world football, play Lampard as the defensive midfileder when it isn't his natural game and play Gerrard at left Mid ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion