Jermain defoe - How good is this kid?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:25 pm

Watching the England game last night made me wonder about Jermain Defoe. To me, he looks like the Owen of 2000 but with a better first touch (less kick and chase true but he's no slouch). I think in the realms of the small quick striker that he has no equal in the English game at the moment. I rate him better than Owen right now. Was at the Spurs game three weeks back. Class goal.

The fact that Owen strung us out so much meant we missed out on Defoe last year and Kezman this year. I won't have yet another go at Owen but for my money he was never staying here since 2002. We should have moved him on at the end of last year but thats football. I don't rate Owen at all for the way he left things, 8m or not.

As for Fowler and Trez, different situation because Fowler had no choice by the end else he would have stayed IMO, whereas Owen had a new manager and a reason to stay.

Trouble for Defoe is that Owen won't be dropped by Sven no matter what (I would be amazed). Yes, Owen has the experience but really, Owen is slipping into the Rooney/ex-Schloes (support striker) role whereas England need the sharp goal poacher that Owen used to be.

I think Defoe/Rooney or Defoe + A.N.Other would be the way to go. The kid is quick, skilful and hungry. What England need right now. Time off would surely get Owen to concentrate more but then again, who cares, he plays for Real now...

He won't be at spurs for much longer if you ask me. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:00 pm

He definatly seems to good for Spurs St Mick. Most of the goals he scores are taken with great poise , he's got a cool head he was red hot at the end of last season and has started this one well to. Time will tell how good he can become, if he became available i'd take him at Anfield.   :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:47 pm

Hes very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:48 pm

Well not thattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt good
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:59 pm

really ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:03 am

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:10 am

:D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:45 am

:) :D :p :laugh:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:47 am

:unclesam:  :ghostface:  :kungfu:
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:10 pm

nub
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:42 pm

eh :D
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:31 pm

buns :D

i think no what about you, dirty terd nearly broke david weirs legs with a lunging 2 footed tackle at the weekend!!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:42 am

that was a great tackle. :D

lucky he got the ball or weir's career would have been well 'n truly over.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:21 pm

nub
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:39 pm

flub :D
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion