Henry to join barca... - Does this mean eto is free to move?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Murph with Etoos ego quite big as it is do you not think having Henry there aswell may make things worse. Unless they always keep Ronaldinho in central midfield behind the other 3.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Oddly enough Eto'o has welcomed the arrival of Henry. And there have been reports he actually rang him to persuade him to join Barca.

I have to say i'm happy with his signing, but like many people i'm concerned at how they'll all play together.
Barca Murph

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:38 pm

Ciggy wrote:I thought you where AB at first and then maybe LA, do you have to disagree with everyone on here and be controvercial on a constant basis?
Over 1200 posts in just over a month I get the feeling weve seen you here before  ???

What you consider controversial is not what I consider controversial, and no I'm not ab or la whoever the feck they are.
LFC2007

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:05 pm

LFC2007 wrote:ab or la whoever the feck they are.

Just w@nkers that do not have the balls to use their name anymore.

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:08 pm

I think Henry to Barca will only increase our chances at Guily :(
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:31 pm

kazza wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:ab or la whoever the feck they are.

Just w@nkers that do not have the balls to use their name anymore.

AB could be argumentative but was a decent poster when he wanted to be.
account deleted by request

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:03 pm

I really don't want to see eto'o come to liverpool. Its too cold remember? he is an odd ball, and watching la liga more than prem on tv i'd say not that great a finisher? Sabre said it and i have to agree, he isn't no where near what owen was in front of goal.

The lad who i would love to take if lil luis is off to atletico in exchange with torres is a certain deco!

Where does he fit in barca's first team? I'd imagine a sub just now. I would love to see that little magician at our club. What do you lot think?
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Last season Eto'o scored 11 goals from 22 shots on goal in 17 starts. Not really a bad record of someone spending moths out with a knee injury.

Deco is apparently for sale, so please make a nice big bid :D
Barca Murph

Postby redmikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:58 pm

what a front line pair   eto and henry !!!!

hope manu draw them in the champs league
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Numpty, I've seen you before

I thought you where AB at first and then maybe LA, do you have to disagree with everyone on here and be controvercial on a constant basis?
Over 1200 posts in just over a month I get the feeling weve seen you here before  ???

I was thinking the same thing , but then realised that most of the 1000 + posts lack LPA's tunnel vision and AB's tumbleweed connections .  :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Effes wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Samuel Eto'o looks like he is on his way to England, but we dont know what club he will go to. we dont even know if a bit of a deal has been done with Arsenal , 16m is a bit low for Henry and that make me think a deal might be on the cards.

Yeah right.

£16M is not low for a 30 year old.

sorry but 16m for someone that had 3 years left that was in the CL Final last year and has been a top goal getter for years that is cheap.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Ok...regarding the fan base debate... I'm living in Singapore for 9 years now and I have this to say regarding the region...

Generally in most SEA countries the most popular team is... Man U... yeah... sad but true...

This is because most ppl who were born in the 80's grew up watching sky sports on the local cable tv or the legal or illegal satellite dishes... and they are exposed to man u always dominating in the late 90's and early 00's... who can blame them? So yeah most ppl who are in the 20's and early 30's support man u. Only when we won the champion's league in 2005 some young fans start noticing us and they start reading up on what liverpool fc is all about and found out that we have such a rich tradition in english football...and there were some incidences of these fans of other clubs converting to liverpool...

In Singapore too the Man U fan base outnumber Liverpool fan base even though we're quite close behind. there is a huge- :censored: official Man U store but no official  Liverpool FC store.

However, I must say us Liverpool fans are so much more passionate and faithful... if man u loses you don't see anyone wearing man u jerseys on the streets but if liverpool loses you could still see some of our jerseys on the street. And alot of Man U fans are fair weather fans as in they support the team because they're winning... there has been a noticeable decline in fans sporting man u jerseys when they weren't winning anything... but now since they won the league again I can see an increase again...similar case when blackburn won the league...I can say that there are only a handful of blackburn fans left in singapore... liverpool fans are very consistent in their support... and I'm kinda proud of that... :;):
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o has dismissed any lingering rumours of a potential move to Milan.

The Cameroon international had been linked with the Rossoneri after a difficult season in Catalunya, but both president Joan Laporta and head coach Frank Rijkaard have underlined their desire to keep the striker in recent days.

Now Eto'o - who has the chance to play alongside good friend Thierry Henry at Camp Nou next season - has spoken of his excitement at the challenge ahead with Barca.

"The talk about Milan has finished," Eto'o told the Spanish media.

"Laporta and the board have said that I am staying and I have always said to them that I never thought about leaving.

"I am excited about the plans for next season. The fact that the club have made it clear that they want me is great too.

"I have a close relationship with the president and can say that I would stay here for life because of him."

Eto'o also believes that a new set of rules for the Barcelona players would not be a bad idea and that the squad should learn from the mistakes of the past campaign.

The Cameroon striker was reacting to Blaugrana president Joan Laporta's speech on Tuesday, where he stated that players should be more responsible and that a new code of conduct would be introduced.

"In any place where there is a group there are rules to respect," Eto'o added. "We have been fortunate that Frank and Joan have given us some freedom or, in other words, responsibility.

"If they believe that the rules have to be tightened, then it is probably right."

After a season that saw Eto'o at the centre of controversy, the 26-year-old was unhappy that so much information found its way to the media.

"We will have to learn from what we have been through, so that the press have less room to criticise," Eto'o continued.

"There should not be so many leaks and we have to learn that our dirty linen should only be aired in the changing room."
puroresu

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:33 pm

Just been reading that wenger is in advanced talkes with Anelka hes trying to bring him back .
wwwDailytelegrah.com  i think good move by him he knows the player aswell but then again what the old saying never go back .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:52 am

I used to like Henry but lost respect for him when he acted like a b*tch when Barca beat them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion