From the football i've seen this season.. - Things i've learnt so far.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:39 am

Alex Song at Arsenal has developed into a very good holding midfielder. I've just watched him in the Olympiacos match and physically he has come on a lot, and his play has matured tremendously as well. I didn't think he was good enough last season, but he definately is this time around. I've a suspicion he may be the reason that Arsenal look more robust this time around.

Alex Song, about to be a very good player indeed IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

is this all you've learnt since the season started? :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:37 pm

..and teh rest of the games hes played in this season?...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Diaby. I think he's going to be quality.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:is this all you've learnt since the season started? :D

:D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 pm

I kind of like this thread because, I don't know you, but the more football you watch, the more you think you're learning.

There are things that you confirm every year like Real Madrid being cúnts, but there are others you learn.

This year I have learnt that our current RB is better than any Spanish RB we've had now and even in the last decade (Our international RB 10 years ago used to be Ferrer the small fella who played for Chelsea). I'm pretty impressed by the skills of Johnsons, how he plays in the right but comfortably uses his left to cross more than well. Very very polished technically that player, which is something I can see in my country often, but when you add to that his physical condition? The word is honestly impressed.

I don't pay much attention to the opposition players (when I see games and I repeat them I focus on our players) but Johnson should have been one of those players that should caught my attention in one or two games.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Ive learnt that Antonio Valencia is way out of his depth playing for United and was a waste of 15 million

For some reason nobody in the press has highlighted this

HE WAS 15 MILLION FOR FECK SAKE!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Dundalk wrote:Ive learnt that Antonio Valencia is way out of his depth playing for United and was a waste of 15 million

For some reason nobody in the press has highlighted this

HE WAS 15 MILLION FOR FECK SAKE!!

It's early days yet, Remember Thierry Henri, Robert Pires. give him him time, he's had to move house, learn a new language, get used to the food etc etc.

Aw feck it you're right, so far he's been sh!t :D.

Cahill at Bolton seems to have come in under the radar a bit, but that could be just because the World and his brother is looking for a good British centre half. He's a good player though, although I think from what I've seen Shawcross at Stoke and Evans at Man Utd are the pick of that particular crop.

I've seen a couple of Portsmouth matches and they'll probably go down because they aren't very good. I do like the South African lad though, Aaron Mokuena. Number 4 he plays, kind of a deep sitter. Looks Ok to me.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I honestly believe that Portsmouth will stay up this year. They are a team that still have to gel as most of them are new signings and it will take time. Plus they have no points this season yet are still only 6 points from safety (2 wins). With some of the muck in the Premiership this season I think will be fine and in a lot of there games so far this season have been close to getting something.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 pm

They've been a bit unlucky DD you're right. Need to score some goals though, that's always what keeps team up.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Well IF this arab guy does put up a few pound then they might be able to buy a few in Jan and they should be fine. I just hope and pray Phil Brown goes away back to the Championship, Im sick of the sight of him :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Aaron Lennon has looked as good as he ever has IMO.

Perhaps should bought him instead of Aquilani, and then maybe played a diamond, Masch at the back Steve up the top, would mean Kuyt going up top or even just behind Torres but i wouldn't mind that.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 am

bigmick wrote:Alex Song at Arsenal has developed into a very good holding midfielder. I've just watched him in the Olympiacos match and physically he has come on a lot, and his play has matured tremendously as well. I didn't think he was good enough last season, but he definately is this time around. I've a suspicion he may be the reason that Arsenal look more robust this time around.

Alex Song, about to be a very good player indeed IMHO.

your joking right? ive seen him live about 10 times and the guy is awful. Big and strong but has zero footballing ability, he's only in there team coz he's one of the few players they have with any physical presence. He cant pass or shoot even to Sissoko standard.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 am

Ryan Giggs. Hes making that team tick at the moment. At 35 I thought he was all but done but credit to him, he looks up for it still and has looked after himself. I hate to give any comment favourible to the scum, but Giggs deserves it i reckon.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:38 am

I've learnt owen is injured again.. :D  Actually not something new so pointless mentioning it.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion