From the football i've seen this season.. - Things i've learnt so far.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Alex Song at Arsenal has developed into a very good holding midfielder. I've just watched him in the Olympiacos match and physically he has come on a lot, and his play has matured tremendously as well. I didn't think he was good enough last season, but he definately is this time around. I've a suspicion he may be the reason that Arsenal look more robust this time around.

Alex Song, about to be a very good player indeed IMHO.

your joking right? ive seen him live about 10 times and the guy is awful. Big and strong but has zero footballing ability, he's only in there team coz he's one of the few players they have with any physical presence. He cant pass or shoot even to Sissoko standard.

It's all opinions mate, and I must admit I've previously been unimpressed with him. I watched much of their match with Olympiacos though, and I thought he was excellent. He has developed IMHO, both physically and mentally. He was reading it better, getting a foot in as opposed to throwing himself in and linking it up as well.

It was an accomplished performance, far better than I previously thought he was capable of. Sometimes it takes players a bit of time to get it, and I think he's about to get it.

It's all opinions though, and just like I'll be telling it like it is if he continues to improve and the press/pundits jump on the bandwagon around January, I'll fully expect to cop a bit if I'm wrong :D. Next time you see him though, let me know if you think he's improved or not.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 am

bigmick wrote:I've seen a couple of Portsmouth matches and they'll probably go down because they aren't very good.

I have to agree with this, Younes Kaboul & David James (ocassionally) will make sure of that.

Their midfields tries very hard but they don't have quality strikers.

Portsmouth, Wolves & Hull are my early picks to get the drop.  :shifty  :D
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 am

I think Burnley will definately go down mate, Hull as well. My guess for the other spot is pompey, but Wolves will push them close. Hulls only chance is if they git rid of Phil Brown at the earliest opportunity.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:Aaron Lennon has looked as good as he ever has IMO.

hardly difficult considering in the past he was predominantly garbage. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:Aaron Lennon has looked as good as he ever has IMO.

Perhaps should bought him instead of Aquilani, and then maybe played a diamond, Masch at the back Steve up the top, would mean Kuyt going up top or even just behind Torres but i wouldn't mind that.

ive been saying all along that lennon was good, but i got slated for it, and now capello thinks he's great too

stuff those who slated me for saying lennon was great and we shouldve bought him
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Judge wrote:ive been saying all along that lennon was good, but i got slated for it, and now capello thinks he's great too

stuff those who slated me for saying lennon was great and we shouldve bought him

Watch your back Capello Judge is after your job.

Seriously everyone knows Lennon is quality, who did you get slated by and why?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 pm

cant actually remember who said it, but 2 or 3 people said that my opinion on him was ill-founded as he wasnt good enough !!

actually one or two in here - found thread, bumped it also ciggy

there are or two in another thread, unrelated to lennon one where his name crops up, and folk have said he wasnt good enough, cant find those ones though
Last edited by Judge on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Judge wrote:cant actually remember who said it, but 2 or 3 people said that my opinion on him was ill-founded as he wasnt good enough !!

actually one or two in here - found thread, bumped it also ciggy

there are or two in another thread, unrelated to lennon one where his name crops up, and folk have said he wasnt good enough, cant find those ones though

Haha, I didn't know Lennon but I didn't think Benayoun would be as good as he has eventually has been. Always thought he was a mid team man, but he has proven to be good enough for the club. That's something I've learned not this season but the season before.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Dundalk wrote:Ive learnt that Antonio Valencia is way out of his depth playing for United and was a waste of 15 million

For some reason nobody in the press has highlighted this

HE WAS 15 MILLION FOR FECK SAKE!!

RFW's mistakes are never mistakes until he's admitted them

:;):
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Very Impressed with Micheal Turners performance at Old Trafford Yesterday. He will brilliant in the air and committed in the tackle. If he keeps performing like that he will be knocking on Englands door. Would have been a great signing for us
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Tamir Cohen at Bolton. I like this kid a lot. he looks like a poor mans Fabregas both literally and metaphorically. He arrives really well, has a good touch and an eye for goal. I think he'll go for money before too long and will play for a better team than Bolton. Yep, impressed with him so far, Tamir Cohen. I also don't think he's been mentioned by anybody in the press or media anywhere so far, so I can claim all the glory when everyone starts talking about him :laugh:

Talking of Fabregas, based on what I've seen of peoples form so far, he is the best player in the league, including Gerrard and Torres and Rooney and Drogba. Hopefully one of ours can change that as the season progresses.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Cohen cost 35 grand and is looking a bit like a cahill or a nolan .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 am

bigmick wrote:Alex Song at Arsenal has developed into a very good holding midfielder. I've just watched him in the Olympiacos match and physically he has come on a lot, and his play has matured tremendously as well. I didn't think he was good enough last season, but he definately is this time around. I've a suspicion he may be the reason that Arsenal look more robust this time around.

Played well again yesterday and Wenger was praising him up big style. I think he's going to be a very good player this lad.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:32 pm

bigmick wrote:

Played well again yesterday and Wenger was praising him up big style. I think he's going to be a very good player this lad.

no chance, and im sticking by that  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:39 am

Song still going well mate, he'll be getting praised to the back teeth by the end of the season mark my words :;): .

Just watched Man City Burnley, and Steven Caldwell has come on a long way as a centre half. May not be up to playing for a top club, but if it's the same bloke who used to be at Newcastle (and I think it is) he has improved out of all recognition. No nonsense defender.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion