Footballer work permits - A question

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

wtf... why cant they be allwoed in? They pay a shedload of tax...

Whats going on there?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 am

It's supposedly a home office thing, and for me it is quite right to have some control. If anything I say we let far too many people in, we're already chalking up millions of unemployed and we should be getting rid of people not taking more in.

As for football, supposedly as I recall the rules say the country a player plays for has to be ranked in the top 70 and the player has to have played 75% of their internationals in the past two years. This is with the exception of EU passport holders which is how a lot get by the supposedly stringent law, yet Al Habsi is from Oman and they are ranked outside the top 70 and were ranked 96 in January 2006 at the time he signed for Bolton - the deal arranged by agent Craig ALLARDYCE for manager Sam ALLARDYCE..............................

The supposed new homegrown rules don't count for much when we're bringing in cheap keepers worldwide and ignoring young English keepers. Same goes for any position.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 pm

But what I don't get, and this will sound bad, but we'll let a 15 person family with no income cmoe over, give them a house and a shedload of benefits, but a young lpayer wants to come over, pay a couple of grand a month in taxs, and we wont let him? I'm mainly talking about the Watford lad last season.. its just.. i cant get my head around it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion