Drogba 4 game cl ban - Bosingwa 3

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 pm

BBC Sport:

Didier Drogba will miss at least four European matches after being banned for his reaction to Chelsea's Champions League semi-final defeat by Barcelona.

The striker was banned for six games, with two suspended for two years.

His Blues team-mate José Bosingwa was banned for three European games, with a further one-match ban also suspended.

Both players were found guilty of making insulting comments to the referee by Uefa, which also handed Chelsea an £85,000 fine.

Chelsea were fined for the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their fans after the controversial match on 6 May.

The Blues went out of the tournament after a series of disputed decisions by referee Tom Henning Ovrebo.

He turned down a host of strong penalty appeals from Chelsea during the 1-1 draw in the second leg at Stamford Bridge, which saw Barca go through on away goals.

Drogba and several other players surrounded Ovrebo after the final whistle to remonstrate with the Norwegian.

The Ivorian continued his verbal attack even after being cautioned, and had to be restrained as Ovrebo went down the tunnel.

Drogba had stated that he would accept any punishment given to him by Uefa over his actions.

"My behaviour was not what Uefa and everyone wants to see in a football stadium," Drogba said ahead of the governing body's verdict.

"It's not easy but I think that whatever I did and the decision they take I will accept it.

"I will do my suspension and, after that, I will come back stronger."
-----------------------------------------------
Personally i think its a little lenient, and somehow Ballack got nothing whatsoever.. but hopefully this means next time someone else does this sort of thing :cough: Rooney :cough cough: then they will be even harsher
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 pm

its a disgrace :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 pm

He got off light, I would have made it 10 games, fined him a months money AND fined Chelsea.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:46 pm

today on the news they said he should get 6 game ban, but as usual he gets off light. Fu*king hate uefa
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Yeah I read 6 games for Dogface and 4 for Bosingwa. Mind it was SSN so maybe they got it wrong.

Still cant believe Boswinga didnt get anything for digging his fot into Yossi's back. Now that was a disgrace!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion