Chelsea get away with it again - What a joke

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:19 pm

Looks like Chelsea have got away with it again:

Maureen: £9K fine and a 2 match touchline ban

Club: £33K fine,

What a joke, perhaps they tapped UEFA up?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:24 pm

stmichael wrote:Looks like Chelsea have got away with it again:

Maureen: £9K fine and a 2 match touchline ban

Club: £33K fine,

What a joke, perhaps they tapped UEFA up?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:angry: ******
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:48 pm

absolte bollox.

I swear Abramovich threatens everyone with his mafia friends or something, any other club would have got much worse.

let's hope the FA is harsher, although i doubt it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:50 pm

although that means Mourinho isn't allowed to be in contact with his players at all so Bayern may just have an advantage with that, it may actaully be a better punishment than it seems if it means it affects Chelsea's result in the 1/4 final.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:54 pm

LFC #1 wrote:although that means Mourinho isn't allowed to be in contact with his players at all so Bayern may just have an advantage with that, it may actaully be a better punishment than it seems if it means it affects Chelsea's result in the 1/4 final.

I know what your saying Scott but it didnt effect the team when he got sent down the tunnel in Cardiff, it just spurrned the chelsea players on :(  but maybe in bayern it may be different. Is he banned for both of the CL quarters?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:39 am

Yes CGGY he's banned for both of their games.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:09 pm

I think fair enough to be honest.  Please dont jump on some ill informed bandwagon, well in fact Im not bothered if anyone has a go at me

Compare the British game to Italy and Turkey and Spain to a degree and youll find better policing and less corruption and a whole lot less incidents.  They were seriously considering throwung Chelsea out as quoted by a UEFA spkesman which is ridiculous.  I think this is a deliberate message to Abramovic over who runs the game

Why the fuss now and not in previous years with Mourinho
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:32 pm

it is pretty much the first time they have done anything to bring the "game into disprepute" so to speak, just a warning this time, but next time if something similar happens they will get the book thrown at them.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:40 am

Aint abramovich meant to be going back to russia because their government want him, but he wont go back because he is scared hell lose money or sumthing. What a wierdo. Plus, whats a £33k fine going to do to a multi billion pound premiership club. Thats a fine that would cripple southport, not chelsea.
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:16 am

his business partner is in jail for shady dwalings or something, and the Russian authorities want to do similar to Abramovich i believe, thats why he went to London.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:02 am

Imo this is an ironic situation, as fining Chelsea, sponsored by a multibillionare, is 100 % pointless as a way of sanctioning. Specially since the fine probably is of less than a days pay for that moaning idiot. The two match ban probably hurts more, but who the hell are able to control if he communicates with his assistants on the sideline, by using his cellphone?

The irony, in my opinion, is that if there is some reason in the statements calling him an enemy of football a.s.f. and this can`t be sanctionned harder than a days fine and a two match suspension. In comparison, (I`m not saying that one shouldn`t be punsihed for drunk driving, but) Mourinho himself fined Gudjohnsen two weeks pay for drunk driving, and he himself faces minimal punishment for behavior that possibly led to death-threats made upon the ref and his family  ??? Imo, it`s hard to find some logic in that..
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:18 pm

the fine doesnt matter, the fact that mourinho wont communicate with his team at all does.
the fine suiits what happened if u ask me. u cant fine someone more just because of what they earn. a fine has to be set for all parties. whther it be a speeding ticket or a football club in disrepute.

i dont like chelsea, i hate them in fact, but just let them get on with it,a nd so will we.
mourinho may be a great manager, but so is rafa... thing is, rafa is a great person as well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:44 am

dawson99 wrote:i dont like chelsea, i hate them in fact, but just let them get on with it,a nd so will we.
mourinho may be a great manager, but so is rafa... thing is, rafa is a great person as well

I`ll second that. It has been all over the sports section in many of the biggest Norwegian newspapers that Mourinho is not very happy with the lack of support from the Chelsea board and executives in the "Anders Frisk-case". He\s supposedly ****** off as Chelsea didn`t appeal UEFA`s ruling, and the atmosphere is not very friendly at the time.

The latest news from nettavisen.no is that Abramovits himself has come to London in an attempt of uniting the fighting parts. Several web-sites even insinuate that Jose "whining ******" Mourinho is set for leaving the Bridge in the summer (I doubt that there are serious sources who will back that though).

I`m so incredibly happy that Liverpool has a manager with both feet on the ground, huge knowledge both when it comes to the game of football and also of how to bring out the best in each individual player. To me Mourinho seems like a spoilt child, and I`m positive that he will dig his own grave by bitching and moaning the way he does.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:57 am

i dunno, the sources seem pretty serious to me. most of the sources are from the porrtugese press which jose has been using in the past to let his comments become known. Also, mourinhos advisors have recently had an unexpected holiday in spain, madird it was if im not mistaken.

strange things going on
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:17 am

dawson99 wrote:i dunno, the sources seem pretty serious to me. most of the sources are from the porrtugese press which jose has been using in the past to let his comments become known. Also, mourinhos advisors have recently had an unexpected holiday in spain, madird it was if im not mistaken.

strange things going on

strange indeed. But nevertheless, I will be glad the day that he leaves premier league. For one, I believe that he is a good manager, but most off all because I can`t stand him  :angry:

He might make a hell of a team at Bernabeu, but at least we don`t have to worry about the speculations on Rafa leaving for Madrid anymore.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion