Chelsea - Comedy club

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Mourinho would fit in well though, bunch of c*nts.. his ego matches Lampard's, Terry's, Malouda's, Cashley's and Drogba's
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:10 pm

I hope Benitez goes there undercover and sells Romeu, Sturridge and Mata to us :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:03 pm

More stuff being reported that a last min bid to get rafa there this morning ended after rafa stuck to asking for a two year contract and control of the youth team.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Being reported where Lakes? Is this more media produced bullshi.t
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 pm

tubby wrote:Being reported where Lakes? Is this more media produced bullshi.t

always is mate lol
few posts on twiter and talksport have meant to have reported it and sky say Rafa got turned down midweek after asking for a two year deal.

I think there was no way theu would give him a two year deal, this is a part time job until the summer so they ger the man they are after.

they may aswell just make Terry manager as it seems he runs the club anyway.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Say what you will about cliques and Abramovich's reputed interventions in team affairs but was it really that different to the challenge previous Chelsea managers faced? I'm not sure it was and yet some of those other managers rose to the challenge and had plenty of success. AVB, on the other hand, managed to transform a side that finished second into one that's struggling to make the top four and is on the verge of an early CL exit to an average European side. But this bears no reflection on his managerial abilities whatsoever? Do me a favour.
LFC2007

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:31 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Say what you will about cliques and Abramovich's reputed interventions in team affairs but was it really that different to the challenge previous Chelsea managers faced? I'm not sure it was and yet some of those other managers rose to the challenge and had plenty of success. AVB, on the other hand, managed to transform a side that finished second into one that's struggling to make the top four and is on the verge of an early CL exit to an average European side. But this bears no reflection on his managerial abilities whatsoever? Do me a favour.

no i put the down turn on the likes of Terry and his lover lamps being past it yet still think they run the club and get places in the team when there are better players there.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm

lakes10 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Say what you will about cliques and Abramovich's reputed interventions in team affairs but was it really that different to the challenge previous Chelsea managers faced? I'm not sure it was and yet some of those other managers rose to the challenge and had plenty of success. AVB, on the other hand, managed to transform a side that finished second into one that's struggling to make the top four and is on the verge of an early CL exit to an average European side. But this bears no reflection on his managerial abilities whatsoever? Do me a favour.

no i put the down turn on the likes of Terry and his lover lamps being past it yet still think they run the club and get places in the team when there are better players there.

Sabotage to get him the sack? Presumably the pair of them spiked AVB's tea with hallucinatory agents that caused him to select the wrong teams, employ the wrong methods and sign useless players? Good thinking, lakes.
LFC2007

Postby Wee_Didit » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Can't say I'm surprised at AVB getting the boot, cause he's been dealing with a lot of ego's on a daily basis.

On the other hand, he knew exactly what he was letting himself into. Not getting the results, didn't help his cause either.

I suspect either Jose going back there, or they might even go for Capello, cause they're the only 2 that could deal with all that ego's.
'Son, you'll do well here as long as you remember two things. Don't over-eat and don't lose your accent.' - to Ian St John when he signed for Liverpool.
Wee_Didit

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

What does it say for football in general when one of the best young managers in the game is treated like this ! ???

8 months was it ?

Player power is killing the game. Whether it's the extrordinary amount of money they are paid which in turn prices out so many fans who would like to watch the game, their behaviour on the pitch with their massive ego's fuelled by a media which insists on blowing smoke up their A*** and telling them how good they are or their inability to face the normal  in everyday life that you and I abide by.

Whats for sure is that AVB has been sacrificed at the altar of the God that has become the modern day footballer...........Sad ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Dalglish wrote:What does it say for football in general when one of the best young managers in the game is treated like this ! ???

I think it speaks volumes about Chelsea rather than football in general. They are Romans plaything, and anyone who takes the manager job will do so because its easy money. Succeed then ok, if not, still ok. You are now made for life.

They are a joke club. As many of there own fans are saying. You only have to look at the managers they have had, and sacked, to realise that club isn't going anywhere soon. And whoever takes up the managers job are laughing, regardless of success.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm

It's stuff like this that make me happy I am a Liverpool supporter.

Shambles......is the only way to sum up Cheat$ki FC

:p
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 am

Get AVB signed up Liverpool! Chance of the century!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 am

lakes10 wrote:

Those players didn't like form the beginning that AVB was being touted as the next Mourinho.  They didn't want a manager that was their age at the club, and they clearly had it in for him since the beginning of the year.  Many of their older players have past their prime these last 2 seasons, and so he did have a different challenge than the rest.  He had the same players, but they weren't good anymore.

I think he's an incredible manager, and if people are smart they'll scoop him up asap.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Keris » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 am

Reg wrote:Get AVB signed up Liverpool! Chance of the century!

+1.

Personally like to see what he can do at anfield with time & space.

Btw, NESV likes young blood with new/unorthodox methods. NESV should at least have a talk with him and see what he can offer to us.
Keris
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion