Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 am

i was going to write a big post about this but tbh i find it hard to be that @rsed about something that happened 2 and a half years ago when we`ve just finished in 7th place, we are about to lose our best player and we`ve just blown half our transfer budget on a spanish version of borini.
there`s enough things to worry about in the here and now never mind something that happened 2 and a half years ago under people who have left the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 am wrote:i was going to write a big post about this but tbh i find it hard to be that @rsed about something that happened 2 and a half years ago when we`ve just finished in 7th place, we are about to lose our best player and we`ve just blown half our transfer budget on a spanish version of borini.
there`s enough things to worry about in the here and now never mind something that happened 2 and a half years ago under people who have left the club.

You havent struck me as a glass half empty kind of person previously mate.

Why the negativity so far this post season ?
We have just had a decent end to the season and are making signings quickly, something that fans have been critical of in the past.
The business we done in January significantly improved the side so i think the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Like I have said in the rumours thread the talk on Aspas is that he will fit right in.
Can he do much worse than Downing did last season ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 am

[quote]Ben Patrick
You havent struck me as a glass half empty kind of person previously mate.

Why the negativity so far this post season ?
We have just had a decent end to the season and are making signings quickly, something that fans have been critical of in the past.
The business we done in January significantly improved the side so i think the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Like I have said in the rumours thread the talk on Aspas is that he will fit right in.
Can he do much worse than Downing did last season ? [quote]

you`d have to be an eternal optimist almost to the point of being crackers to not be concerned about the fact that our best player is on the verge of leaving the club mate. thats without mentioning the fact that our keeper of the last 8 years looks like he might be on his way too.
say united, chelsea or city brought in aspas would we be quaking in our boots? no, they arent either, especially when they are being linked with the ronaldo`s, fabregas`s, modric`s and rooneys of this world.
over the last 3 or 4 years we`ve seen an exodus of our best players and the pattern seems to be continuing, you dont need to be a brain surgeon to see the corellation between that and our fall down the table.
i remember the days when every summer the best players in the country would arrive to put pen to paper at anfield, now we all try to convince ourselves that we have signed a new superstar even when we bring in spanish second division players......when people wonder why we are seventh and 20-30 points away from the top teams, there`s your answer.
if we dont spend the suarez money wisely i dont know where we go from here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 am wrote:i was going to write a big post about this but tbh i find it hard to be that @rsed about something that happened 2 and a half years ago when we`ve just finished in 7th place, we are about to lose our best player and we`ve just blown half our transfer budget on a spanish version of borini.

Firstly we haven't lost our best player.
Secondly, you don't know BR's budget, so saying he's blowing half of it is sensationalist speculation.
And for all you know this Spanish version could be the Dutch version of Kuyt.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 11:51 am

Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 am wrote:

Secondly, you don't know BR's budget, so saying he's blowing half of it is sensationalist speculation.

i reckon suarez is off, i know his agent has come out and said that he`s staying but suarez mentioned in that radio interview that his family arent happy in liverpool, once they throw that one into the hat (like mascherano) it`s only a matter of time imo.
secondly the liverpool echo said the other day that rodgers will have a transfer warchest of £20m plus anything he can generate by player sales.
and thirdly, i wasnt kuyts biggest fan, imo he was a failed CF, he was brought here to lead the line and score goals but he ended up being shoved out wide because he wasnt up to the job we originally bought him for. he was lucky that the then manager rafa benitez  put great stock in hard work or he would have went the same way as our other CF flops like cisse, morientes, baros etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 am wrote:

i reckon suarez is off, i know his agent has come out and said that he`s staying but suarez mentioned in that radio interview that his family arent happy in liverpool, once they throw that one into the hat (like mascherano) it`s only a matter of time imo.
secondly the liverpool echo said the other day that rodgers will have a transfer warchest of £20m plus anything he can generate by player sales.
and thirdly, i wasnt kuyts biggest fan, imo he was a failed CF, he was brought here to lead the line and score goals but he ended up being shoved out wide because he wasnt up to the job we originally bought him for. he was lucky that the then manager rafa benitez  put great stock in hard work or he would have went the same way as our other CF flops like cisse, morientes, baros etc

And like I said, Suarez is still here. If he leaves I'll apologise personally for not believing your mystic powers.

What the echo write and know are two different things.

Kuyt was better than Downing at 20M.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Kenny Kan

And like I said, Suarez is still here. If he leaves I'll apologise personally for not believing your mystic powers.

the echo know a lot, if you didnt live on a different planet (oh sorry, i mean time zone) you`d know that the echo is the mouthpiece of the 2 local clubs and i dont know what downing has got to do with this, your obsessed with him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 am wrote:
Kenny Kan

the echo know a lot, if you didnt live on a different planet (oh sorry, i mean time zone) you`d know that the echo is the mouthpiece of the 2 local clubs and i dont know what downing has got to do with this, your obsessed with him.

The echo know a lot, but they're not going to know whether FSG suddenly have a change of mind and say 'here is an extra 10M to buy such and such', and it doesn't mean they are going to know the finer details of Rodgers' budget. So you running round acting the drama queen whinging about half a budget being spent on a bloke because he's not a marquee signing is speculative at best. So excuse me if I don't join in with this latest bout of negative hysteria you're pushing.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 am wrote:
Kenny Kan

The echo know a lot, but they're not going to know whether FSG suddenly have a change of mind and say 'here is an extra 10M to buy such and such', and it doesn't mean they are going to know the finer details of Rodgers' budget. So you running round acting the drama queen whinging about half a budget being spent on a bloke because he's not a marquee signing is speculative at best. So excuse me if I don't join in with this latest bout of negative hysteria you're pushing.

i`m not denying i`m well fvcking p1$$ed off at the moment, i`m sick of this 2 steps forward 3 steps back lark, you can be a happy clapper all you want lad but i`ve been watching this game for a long, long time and i havent seen many clubs that continually sell their best players (and dont replace them with other top players) go on to have any sort of sustained success.
since we started selling our better players we`ve dropped from second to seventh. this summer a club stalwart in carragher has retired and there`s a good chance suarez and reina will be gone too.
we finished last season well and we got lucky in the last transfer window, any club with real ambition would have backed that up with signings like erikssen, papadopolous and alderweired, what do we do? spend a lot of money (it`s similar to what we spent on coutinho and not far off what we spent on sturridge) on a throw of the dice.
the odds of this policy of fsg`s paying off are huge. especially when you are competing against clubs like united, city, chelsea, arsenal and spurs.
even if we do find a top player (like coutinho) how long is it before he starts getting itchy feet because we arent in the CL?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm

i`m not denying i`m well fvcking p1$$ed off at the moment, i`m sick of this 2 steps forward 3 steps back lark, you can be a happy clapper all you want lad but i`ve been watching this game for a long, long time and i havent seen many clubs that continually sell their best players (and dont replace them with other top players) go on to have any sort of sustained success.
since we started selling our better players we`ve dropped from second to seventh. this summer a club stalwart in carragher has retired and there`s a good chance suarez and reina will be gone too.
we finished last season well and we got lucky in the last transfer window, any club with real ambition would have backed that up with signings like erikssen, papadopolous and alderweired, what do we do? spend a lot of money (it`s similar to what we spent on coutinho and not far off what we spent on sturridge) on a throw of the dice.
the odds of this policy of fsg`s paying off are huge. especially when you are competing against clubs like united, city, chelsea, arsenal and spurs.
even if we do find a top player (like coutinho) how long is it before he starts getting itchy feet because we arent in the CL? 

I remember having a whinge about signing Coutinho, a young unproven player - how wrong was I!?

I also am actually enjoying the fact we seem to be doing our business early and apparently it's not even summer over your side of the planet yet.

I just get fed up with fear mongers moaning about players before they've even kicked a ball in anger, a bit like I did with Countinho, I learnt my lesson.

But hey, if your pint is half empty so be it I'd rather wait until the transfer window shuts and see how these players do rather than sharpen knives.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm

I have a solution for Andy Carrol situation... and Downing situation...

Sell both for 10 million each (I'm hoping we can at least get that much for those two) and buy Bojan Krkic to replace Downing's position.... apparently he's looking for 1st team football... he is also available for 15 million euros... which is only 12.8 million pounds...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

maguskwt » Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm wrote:I have a solution for Andy Carrol situation... and Downing situation...

Sell both for 10 million each (I'm hoping we can at least get that much for those two) and buy Bojan Krkic to replace Downing's position.... apparently he's looking for 1st team football... he is also available for 15 million euros... which is only 12.8 million pounds...

he`s over rated, he`s done nothing at milan and cant get a game.
if erikssen isnt a realistic target then i`d rather go for someone like that brian ruiz at fulham, he`s very skillfull, can run with the ball, take players on and can find a pass too. i think he`d link up really well with coutinho. then again we probably arent top of fulhams christmas card list after the carry on last season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm wrote:I have a solution for Andy Carrol situation... and Downing situation...

if erikssen isnt a realistic target then i`d rather go for someone like that brian ruiz at fulham, he`s very skillfull, can run with the ball, take players on and can find a pass too. i think he`d link up really well with coutinho. then again we probably arent top of fulhams christmas card list after the carry on last season.

Well same could be said for Coutinho... he's done nothing at inter... but look how he turned out at us... Bojan could be as good as Coutinho... he was touted as a huge potential a few years ago, even more well known than Coutinho, and what do we have to lose? It's replacing Downing FFS... his is a case similar to Coutinho, it's not that he wasn't good, it's that he couldn't get a chance... it can happen at big clubs like milan...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 6:23 pm

maguskwt » Thu May 30, 2013 1:38 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 pm wrote:

Well same could be said for Coutinho... he's done nothing at inter... but look how he turned out at us... Bojan could be as good as Coutinho... he was touted as a huge potential a few years ago, even more well known than Coutinho, and what do we have to lose? It's replacing Downing FFS... his is a case similar to Coutinho, it's not that he wasn't good, it's that he couldn't get a chance... it can happen at big clubs like milan...

thats a fair point about coutinho maguskwt but i think bojan is the one foreign player we have been linked with that i have actually seen a bit of, i used to watch quite a lot of spanish footy on sky a while back and it was around the time bojan was trying to break into the barca team. he didnt impress me at all, he didnt seem to have any pace or particularly good skill or even a good shot....he just seemed very average.
he reminded me of that lad that barcelona had that ended up going to spurs, the pair of them hyped up to ***** because they came through barca`s ranks.
but as you say coutinho never set the world alight at inter so who knows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 pm

thankfully you have absolutely nothing to do with LFC transfer policy.....  :wwww
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion