Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

tomorrow's headline

"luis carroll: anfield in wonderland"
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Zidane wrote:Carrol 20 games: 11 goals Torres 26 games: 9 goals,  Carroll in a sh!t team, too.  Last season at the age of 20/21 Carroll put in 19 at Newcastle, he's going to be class I'm sure of it.  And FFS some of you are never happy!!!  We haven't spent this kind of money since.. ever and have craved for this kind of backing from ownership for as long as I can remember and now that we have it we're going to whinge about paying too much?  Couldn't make it up.

old habits die hard Z.. they're longing for the Josemi.. Nunez sigings and the freebies  :rasp

Liverpool are back.. driving and leading the pack.. bet ol whisky nose will be dying.. ominious indeedy   :buttrock

Kenny  :bowdown John W  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm

worrying times though that in just 6 days we will see torres and drogba vs skertel and agger

bad bad times
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby sixbuster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Zidane wrote:Carrol 20 games: 11 goals Torres 26 games: 9 goals,  Carroll in a sh!t team, too.  Last season at the age of 20/21 Carroll put in 19 at Newcastle, he's going to be class I'm sure of it.  And FFS some of you are never happy!!!  We haven't spent this kind of money since.. ever and have craved for this kind of backing from ownership for as long as I can remember and now that we have it we're going to whinge about paying too much?  Couldn't make it up.

Well said, I agree completely. Great post.
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm

The Mancs paid the Bitterz  27 million for  Rooney .... so 35 million for a player that is unplayable on his day doesn't seem that crazy ...when you think the lad has more than justified his price tag with the potential for goals he brings to the Reds ....besides if 50 for Torres isn't crazy when the player has just shown his true colours for the football world to see, and after a series of dismally woeful displays for the Reds this season ,then if you take all that into account we have paid just 7 million plus to acquire possibly  two of the most exciting talents in football
Toshack and keegan anyone   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm

zarababe wrote:

old habits die hard Z.. they're longing for the Josemi.. Nunez sigings and the freebies  :rasp

Liverpool are back.. driving and leading the pack.. bet ol whisky nose will be dying.. ominious indeedy   :buttrock

Exactly, we're :censored: back and it feels :censored: great!!  If Blackpool and Aston Villa would sell to us we would have seen massive investment in our new owners first transfer window, we'll see if either of them end up selling their players to us but this is such a positive sign for the future.  Carroll and Suarez are both extremely young two and have nothing but the best of their careers ahead of them.  Telling you we could get 4th, it just depends how well the team gels and if its in time to make that final push.
Zidane

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Emile Heskey

2000/2001

22 years old brought to Lfc. 22 goals first season.

Strong target man, young, enthusiastic, same type of player.

We all know what happened after that.

Half a season says very little how a players will produce in the long run.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm

Penguins wrote:

Emile Heskey

2000/2001

Yeah let's try not to compare Carroll to Heskey.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Potential line up for Chelsea on Sunday -

Reina

Kelly      Carragher      Agger      Johnson

Lucas      Adam

Kuyt/Cole/Maxi      Gerrard      Suarez

Carroll

Carroll is out mate might need surgery
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Why not? I see lots of similarities.

But I guess that would spoil it for the dreamers...

To say Caroll is really proven is totally wrong imo.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Zidane wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Exactly, we're :censored: back and it feels :censored: great!!  If Blackpool and Aston Villa would sell to us we would have seen massive investment in our new owners first transfer window, we'll see if either of them end up selling their players to us but this is such a positive sign for the future.  Carroll and Suarez are both extremely young two and have nothing but the best of their careers ahead of them.  Telling you we could get 4th, it just depends how well the team gels and if its in time to make that final push.

Yep the miseries on here have forgotten the ol times.. wooooppppeeeee...

Spend the money we give to the club, that is not servicing the some fools debt..  in safe hands now..

Dalglish Dalglish Dalglish  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desmdlow » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm

call me crazy, but do you think the owner may view that since Nando's head has turn and in order not to be hold ransom when we indeed sell, we buy a top class forward first. So should Torres after seeing the intent made and decided to stay, we will have the most formidable front line in the league regardless of ManCity.
desmdlow

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Penguins wrote:

Emile Heskey

2000/2001

Becos GH screwed him up by playing him as a LW.

Besides Carroll is way more aggressive than doctile heskey.

Carroll is an imposing striker. Even on his bad days, he will make life tough for the opposition defenders (like how drogba does). This will create loads of space for Gerrard and Co to bang in the goals even when Carroll himself doesn't score.

Basically Carroll is a bully on the field......And we need players like this to balance the team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 pm

I am quietly optimistic about Carroll... I think he can be way better than Heskey or Crouch... that said 35 million is crazy money to be paying for a 22 year old...

Rooney's was a different case... Rooney's kind of talent is very rare...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:We will get Young as well im sure

good shout.  it's going to be a massive day for us.  IN:  Carroll, Suarez, Adam, possibly Warnock AND Young.  OUT:  DJ Babel and a traitor.  BOOM!
haps

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion