The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:20 pm

We will get Young as well im sure
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:21 pm

if someone said to me a few days back that torres would join chelsea for near 50 million and we would sign suarez and carroll for 35 million i would have bet them every bit of money i have that wouldnt happen  :(

unreal scenes
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Kukilon wrote:Simply awesome? I'm ashamed to support this club if thats the case. 35 :censored: million is wasting 20 million to much. I'd rather see us wait until the summer.

Well...thank god the owners are more ambitious than you.

Yeah...we need better wingers...but getting a big strong/imposing striker (if we do get him) is a start. The owners are improving this team in stages when the right players are available, and thats a good thing.

When Comolli noted that our wing players lacked pace, It is more than likely we will end up getting better wingers in the summer. We are improving this team in stages.  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:We will get Young as well im sure

Gerard Houllier confirms that Ashley Young is ''not for sale''. So Liverpool look like missing out on that one.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Move this post to the right thread -

As Paul Tomkins points out - Ultimately, players are only worth what the selling club value them at and the buying club are prepared to pay. Resale value a factor, too.

Hence why Newcastle will only sell for £35m. They want to keep their prized asset unless they are offered a deal they could not reasonably  turn down.

And we bid £35m because, a) we can identify talent b) he is young enough to retain his value, especially so when you consider his potential growth on the European scene.

Consider, David Villa was transferred for £35m, at 28, yet in two years he will be 30 and his resale value will of halved.

Also bear in mind, if Carroll creates a partnership with Suarez and creates loads of goals for him. We will see Suarez's value rocket. The investment in Carroll may well be to benefit the team as a whole rather than investment in an individual.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Listen if we waste money now we won't be able to use it in the summer. We still won't be able to reach CL so it's not like its helping us out with silly buys like this. We could have bought Elmander for 4-6 million instead.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 pm

although overpriced if it does happen

you lose torres for 50 million, a player who seems to have peaked and now has lost a yard of pace

and for only 10 million more you sign suarez and carroll, two players who are already very good, hungry to be world beaters and have in no way peaked
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

Still find it hillarious that you put Suarez and Carrol in the same bracket as Torres. This is just silly.

I really hate Torres for making us do this.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Kukilon wrote:Listen if we waste money now we won't be able to use it in the summer. We still won't be able to reach CL so it's not like its helping us out with silly buys like this. We could have bought Elmander for 4-6 million instead.

You along with others on here seem to forget we no longer have the sell to buy policy for transfer that H&G imposed on us.

We don't service debt any more. The money spent here is all funded by the Torres sale. John Henry made it clear than any profits would be made available to the club for reinvestment.

Guess what? April this year will be another financial year! We will make a profit, probably circa £20/£25m, we will have at least that in the next transfer window.

This is without considering other player sales.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

I am :censored: pumped over this and Suarez, two quality players to replace a sulky Torres that was never at his best for us for over 2 years.  Huge statement of intent anyone that isn't happy with this should have their head checked, Carroll is quality and will theoretically work with Suarez perfectly.  A very good target man that can hold the ball up very well.
Zidane

Postby brentd4 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We will get Young as well im sure

Gerard Houllier confirms that Ashley Young is ''not for sale''. So Liverpool look like missing out on that one.

kenny also said that bought torres.

it doesnt mean anythin anymore. its wat the player wants these days
brentd4

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Kukilon wrote:Still find it hillarious that you put Suarez and Carrol in the same bracket as Torres. This is just silly.

we should be blaming that russian mob boss
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Kukilon wrote:Still find it hillarious that you put Suarez and Carrol in the same bracket as Torres. This is just silly.

carroll in a poor team has scored more prem goals than torres this season, and torres has started more

torres is defo not the player he was 2 seasons ago, has been poor for spain too

defo lost a few yards of pace that made him extra special
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm

He's on his way to the north west now
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:He's on his way to the north west now