Alan hansen documentary- life after football - Anybody see it?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue May 17, 2005 12:19 pm

Did any of you see the Alan Hansen documentary "life after football" last night? I found it a fascinating watch but at the same time quite disturbing.

Gazza is very slowly becoming insane. The only thing that surprised me was the state of his legs. All his muscle had wasted away in his thighs and in all fairness he looked ill. I read gazza's book recently and he's seriously f#cked up. I actually feel really sorry for him cos he's literally had no help and earnt a fraction of what rio earns in a year. If you ask me, he could become a great youth coach. Surely he's got loads to pass onto kids.

I did like gazza's idea to put a bet on him playing in the permiership again at 100-1, eventually becoming a manager and then picking himself to play.  :D

Shame Hansen had to resort to talking to Ruddock. He came across as a real w@nker which isn't surprising, although he seemed to be quite close to Adrian Mutu- playfighting etc. I think he'd make a great actor, in the mold of ray winstone. He looked like a gangster on the programme. 

Rio was an idiot. The guy's got the IQ of a pea.

Lineker was sorted.

Really felt sorry for Neil Webb. After he retired, he spent two years as a white van man. :laugh:

But no matter what's said about hansen, you cant deny he loves our club. Just think he has be unbiased on MOTD, but also his criticism's are just the same as ours, only we cant vent them publicly.

On another note, isn't our ground beautiful? :buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Tue May 17, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue May 17, 2005 12:21 pm

I didn't see it, is it getting repeated do you know?
jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Tue May 17, 2005 5:25 pm

BBC3 are normally good with that kind of stuff, they do repeat a lot of BBC1 stuff.

I agree with teh Gazza comment he does look insane. Pity as the guy was different classon and off the pitch.

Its hard to feel sympathy with player earning what they do but psycologically I can see a lot of them having problems. The divorced rates for ex players between 35 and 45 was frightening.

One day your loved next day your nothing and someone else is doing your job being loved.  Money aint everything I suppose.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:18 pm

when i was at uni i loved in aldershot and im sure neil web was player manager there... he was deifnately playing anyways but that was like 10 years ago. always seemed a nice bloke, spoke to him a couple of times.

im also i think one of the few people who likes the razor ruddock. he puts on a big act but u could tell he was having trouble
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:29 pm

I've read Gazza's book, I found myself laughing out loud sometimes, not often a book makes you laugh out loud, maybe the odd grin here or there, but Gazza has had one crazy fu*ked up merry go round life!!!

If you read it, and you don't laugh at the whole Mince Pie episode, check your pulse to make sure you're not dead.  :laugh:  :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby zarababe » Tue May 17, 2005 7:32 pm

..it's sad really .. with Gazza.. leading a schizo life.. quite serious really .. I can't watch him any more... too upsetting.. he looks so ill.. :(
Last edited by zarababe on Tue May 17, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I've read Gazza's book, I found myself laughing out loud sometimes, not often a book makes you laugh out loud, maybe the odd grin here or there, but Gazza has had one crazy fu*ked up merry go round life!!!

If you read it, and you don't laugh at the whole Mince Pie episode, check your pulse to make sure you're not dead.  :laugh:  :laugh:

lol, i know what u r saying mate...loved it... gazza was a total scally
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Poor gazza looks awful, how can a chubby happy as larry fella life and soul of the party end up like that :( .
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed May 18, 2005 12:21 am

:( anno it's so sad.. I honestly find it distressing to watch him.. his hollow stare and his depleted frame.. so so sad :(

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 18, 2005 12:31 am

zarababe wrote: :( anno it's so sad.. I honestly find it distressing to watch him.. his hollow stare and his depleted frame.. so so sad :(

Enough about Arsene Wenger, what did you think of Gazza ?  :D

Good programme though and what came over more than anything was how special actually playing football is to them.

Even Whelan who is one of Britains wealthiest men as head of JJB was heard to say nothing compares to playing .......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed May 18, 2005 12:37 am

:( oh Ian..

.. whelan.. do you mean Ronnie Whelan.. ???

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 18, 2005 12:41 am

No, Dave Whelan !!!!! :D  I thought you said you watched it ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 18, 2005 12:42 am

Ronnie Whlean !!!!!!!! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed May 18, 2005 12:43 am

.. no I did not watch it .. :)

.. I was commenting on Gazza's visible decline.. but didn't watch the programme.
Last edited by zarababe on Wed May 18, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 18, 2005 12:46 am

Dave Whelan < Ex Pro footballer with Blackburn Rovers.........Broke his Leg in the 1960 Fa Cup Final and never played again.

Started a small Sports Shop in his home town of Wigan some time afterwards , you may have heard of it , its called JJB :D

Now chairman of newly pronmoted Wigan Athletic  :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion